excel time formulas

I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds an
would like to find a formula which can convert it into minutes only
i.e 10:50.2

Format the cells as [mm]

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"aly1cat >" <<aly1cat.185f1c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a column which shows a format of hours, mins and seconds and
> would like to find a formula which can convert it into minutes only.
> i.e 10:50.23
>

> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)

How do Excel define the application area?
When I run a macro as shown below, how does excel define the application area? Disable re-calculation option before processing coding After processing coding, enable re-calculation option calcmode = application.calculation application.calculation = xlCalculationManual 'open worksheet2.xls by using worksheet1's macro application.calculation = calcmode Case 1 If I open an excel worksheet1.xls, then I open worksheet2.xls within this open worksheet1, do I open 1 excel application? If I set calcmode, will it apply to both worksheets at this moment? Case 2 If I open...

Excel work done in Me
I did all my work on excel. I recently purchased a new computer that is using XP Home and, after downloading my work files, I cannot pull them up. What did I do wrong? Any help would be truly appreciated. Rick It sounds like you do not have Excel installed on your new computer. "Rick" <no1plantman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a93301c3ebdd$82fbb6a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I did all my work on excel. I recently purchased a new > computer that is using XP Home and, after downloading my > work files, I cannot pull them up. What did I do wrong? > Any help would be...

Time in Excel '97
Is there a way in Excel '97 to get it to insert the exact time? What I mean is that if I push Ctrl+Shift+:, the time inserts only hours, minutes and AM/PM, but no seconds. Actually, I just tried this in Excel XP and it does the same thing. Any ideas? Would really appreciate it. Matt You could put this code in your personal.xls workbook and assign it to a keyboard shortcut. Sub InsertTimeWithSecs() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "hh:mm:ss") End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Matt J."...

Numbers dont display or add up correctly in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I type in 1000 and it divides all numbers by 100, 23 becomes 0,23. Then if I Sum a list of numbers it doesn't ad up coretly (even the wrong numbers don't add up) Excel doesn't work for me - although the product was provided (bundled) by Apple - apple won't support it - and neither will Microsoft so I end up with no-person to talk to - amazing. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks On 6/5/09 6:35 AM, in article 59b75f96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Clive@officeformac.com" <Cli...

Alt Tab not Working in Excel
Hey, hopefully someone can give me a hand here. Alt+Tab just stopped working to switch between sheets in excel. I DO have Tools>>Options>>View>>Windows in Taskbar checked. I do see multiple sheets in the windows taskbar so this isn't the problem. Additionally, I'm aware of Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+F6 (and their reverse "shift" capabilities). I really need to be able to have the little window pop up (with Alt+Tab) to be able to select the correct file without going through them all like you have to with Ctrl+Tab. Additionally, switching between other windows works ...

In Excel, what is CharMap.exe?
In Excel, what is CharMap.exe, where do I find it and how do I get help using it? I need to include characters which are normally only found in MSWord. From that other thread: Insert Symbol was added in xl2002. So if you don't run xl2002+, you'll have to find a different way. You can hit flying windows R (or windows start button|Run) type charmap hit enter or even windows start button|Programs|accessories|System tools|charmap if you like to mouse. Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm (look for Sy...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

Make Excel upload files via FTP??
A few days ago I asked about creating files from a Excel worksheet that can be shared online. Someone suggested this VBA: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xladvhtml.htm I've been trying this and it works. Now I want to get Excel to run the VBA-code every time the file is closed, AND (and now comes the tricky part), to upload the created html-files to a FTP account. Every time the file is closed the macro "make_htm" should run, and get the files got created upload from the local folder, to a FTP account. Is this possible?? ...

Copy Formula with Reference Change
I have a workbook that will have 100+ sheets in it. I want to use a beginning number in a cell on the first sheet and then on the following sheets in the same cell have a formula that adds 1 to the number in the same cell on the previous sheet. For example, the first sheet has 497 in cell B2. In each successive sheet, I would have a formula in cell B2 that would be '=sheet1!B2+1' to give me 498, then 499, then 500, etc. I want to copy the formula to each successive sheet and have it automatically adjust the sheet it is referencing to be the previous sheet. However, when ...

Time Calculation thought process
Hello All, I am at an impass and sometimes just seeing other ideas helps me think it out, so here it goes... (TimeIn - TimeOut) - LunchBreak relatively easy calculation BUT If you arrive late you are docked in 15 minute increments (so 7:16 am means you lose 30 minutes). If you leave early you are docked in 15 minute increments. There are no exceptions, you can't 'make-up' the time. (Glad I don't work there!) What have I tried, that doesn't work: 15*Int(+[aTimeDecimal])/15 Don't know if this works because I can't get it to handle midnight... Function ...

configuration wizard every time in Office 2007
configuration wizard run every time I start an Office 2007 standard application You probably not install Office correctly. Reinstall office and INSTALL ALL COMPONENTS. Are you running both Word 2007 and Word 2003 on the same machine? If so, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm. If that's not it, try logging in as Administrator and see if that makes the installation finish correctly. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mark Young" <Mark Young@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How to copy a field of A excel file to B Excel file automatically?
I need to copy some fields of A.xls to B.xls every night at 12:00. how can I do that? I'd try one of two methods. First, use the MS Windows "scheduler" to fire off you spreadsheet at midnight (make sure to leave the computer turned on) and have a VBA macro triggered when the workbook is opened to perform the data movement. A second, albeit more difficult method, would be to write VBA code to structure an internal timer that would watch for midnight. In this case, you'd have to open the workbook before going home for the day, and activate the macro that sets ...

Excel PC vs. Mac issue
We have a bunch of Mac excel files (Office 98 Mac) which when printed fill the page left to right (invoice type), when opened on a PC (Office 2K) the print seems narrow. re the form stops 3-4 inches from the edge of the page (right hand side)as opposed to the 1 inch border experienced on the Mac printed page. Printer is HP5si both printing through the same cue using the same drivers. Looking for ideas as to why... thx Well, sometimes Windows is like that...kinda narrow and comes up a little short. This sometimes happens when a font on one platform is not available on the other, and ...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Condtional format with formula
I have this formula =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A17,'Data-FSList'!GEAC2000IntlFSList,2,FALSE)) =TRUE, "DONOR NOT VALID",VLOOKUP(A17,'Data-FSList'!GEAC2000IntlFSList,2,FALSE)) on cell B17. When the user selects a value in A17 from the drop down, it goes to sheet 'Data-FSList' to retrieve a value. If the value is not there it comes back in field B17 'DONOR NOT VALID' However when A17 contains no value from the drop down and is blank I do not want 'DONOR NOT VALID' to show in cell B17. Is there a way to add to the formula above if A17 is blank then...

Find function in a macro
I want to set up a macro that searches a column for a value 'X' and then selects the cell right under the cell that contains 'X'. I have been stumped on this for a few days now and would really really appreciate any sort of help or guidance. Thanks a lot! SK --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sub Findit() Dim r as Range For Each r in Range("A1:A1000") 'Or whatever yours is If r.Value = "X" Then Range("A" & r.Row+1).Select 'Change A to your column Exit For End If Next End Sub K P.S. You could probably use an...

Formula Addition incorrect
This must be a simple error, as all I am doing is calculating sales tax. I have column B as Gross rents, column c with the formula =sum(B11_-Sum(b11/1.065). And column D with the net rent. Then I ask it to total all columns down. But the Column total from the calculations, does not add correctly. It has a 3 cent difference. Add the figures manually and the total is correct. I.e. Gross Rent Sales tax Net Rent 900 =Sum(b11)-sum(b11/1.065) 845.07 This column does not add down correctly. Can anyone suggest why. There are only 1...

"IF" Formula
xl2000—Totaling time worked at each of three stores for a two-week pay period. What I have is Columns C, D, E, F, G, H, & I, are week one. Columns M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, are week two. I have, through data validation, dropdowns to select Store 1, Store 2, or Store 3, in row 7 of each of the described columns. The employee will select the store worked for that day, by column (C> Monday, D>Tuesday, E> Wednesday, etc). Then enter the time worked in the same column. In row 18 are the total hours for each day worked. Now I need to summaries the time worked for each store thro...

dynamic charts using named formulas
I have dates in the first row I have values in the second row I use tecnique of named formuls of offset function (tushar Methta) so that the chart is updated when data for new dates are added. now after some time I want to delete the older data If I delete the columns of older dates the named formula get messed up and I get error message that three is some wrong reference. actulally in the offset formula the starting cell is relaced by "REF" Then I have to redo the whole exercise any solutions. If the first row is some sort of header that doesn't get deleted, use it as the ba...

Export to EXCEL
Can I export my account list to MS EXCEL so I can edit the transactions, specify the dates etc? Thank you. There's an add-on called Moneylink which can get the data out, or alternatively you can export from reports. However, if you want to put the data back in, that's another matter - you'd need to import that data using QIF and that's not so easy if you are attempting to purely change the existing data and not doing further analysis "Jae" <jva@world-net.co.nz> wrote in message news:6c1b01c341fa$653e7f90$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Can I export my account lis...

Rename name so formulas show name change
Excel 2003 Cell A1 is named MyCell. Cell A2 has formula "=MyCell". I rename cell A1 in the toolbar to NewCell. Cell A2 still has the formula "=MyCell". How do I rename cell A1 to NewCell and have it automatically change cell A2 to the formula "=NewCell"? Thank you for your help. Download Jan Karel Pieterse'e Name Manager here: http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:ORne6k3$GHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... | Excel 2003 |...

SumProduct with date and time
I have finally found that with my formulas the calulations are based on the time. Can someone help me find the best way to correct this without using macros to strip the time out of the data. Bob 09/08/2007 01:05 13/08/2007 00:00 Bob Bill 10/08/2007 23:39 Bill Kyle 11/08/2007 07:36 Kyle Bob 16/07/2007 20:39 Bill 27/07/2007 19:59 Kyle 18/07/2007 16:51 Bob 14/07/2007 16:31 Bill 21/06/2007 16:46 Kyle 30/06/2007 16:55 Bob 12/06/2007 01:05 Bill 13/06/2007 23:39 1 2 0 1 1 Kyle 14/06/2007 07:36 1 1 1 1 1 Bob 12/01/2007 20:39 1 1 2 0 1 Bill 13/08/2006 19:59 Kyle 14/05/1999 16:51 These are t...

TO CREATE A LINE CHART WITH RATE IN Y AXIS & REAL TIME IN X AXIS
i want to create a line chart in excel for rate vs time as y & x axis data. the chart should be an automatic charting as, when the particular time (10,10.30,11,11.30 ...)of system time reaches the data in one cell (rate ) should be taken automatically for charting the chart for 10am to 11.30pm. the only thing is how to check logically if the system time reached or not. Put the times in one column and the rates in the next, then create an XY chart. I can't tell a lot from your post, but if you expect Excel to determine a rate from the time, it will not. You have to write some fo...

Unable to edit formulae
I've been trying to edit formulae on my machine, especially VLookups, but for some reason, they are appearing with small boxes instead of commas, which means I can't edit them. Any ideas what's happening? Does this mean that when you're changing an existing formula you see the boxes? Or do you see the boxes when you're typing a formula from scratch? I'm gonna guess the first. There's a windows setting that could be messed up. Open up the regional settings applet under control panel in winXP: windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language op...