Excel Template

I was using Office 2003 before, and in excel 2003 i have created one invoice
template and connected it with my access data base, before it was done very
simple method by using Template wizard, i connect the desired Excell Sheet
Cell with my Access Data Base table Field, but now when i have upgraded to
Office 2007, the link is not working, i am not able to connect my excel sheet
cell data with the access database filed, no idea what to do, is there any
Template Wizard for office 2007 as it was in office 2003?
Plz response, and thanks in Advance
--
Atif Hasan

The last version is for 2002 but It is working in 2003 also and I think in 2007.
The only problem is that the install file from the 2002 version is not working for 2003-2007.

If you mail me private I can send you the 2002 xla file so you can install it
Or if you have a other machine where you use this add-in (WZTEMPLT.XLA) you can copy it to the new machine

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Atif Hasan" <AtifHasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0CF522D-0300-4C07-B6FD-198B7CB7EC48@microsoft.com...
>I was using Office 2003 before, and in excel 2003 i have created one invoice
> template and connected it with my access data base, before it was done very
> simple method by using Template wizard, i connect the desired Excell Sheet
> Cell with my Access Data Base table Field, but now when i have upgraded to
> Office 2007, the link is not working, i am not able to connect my excel sheet
> cell data with the access database filed, no idea what to do, is there any
> Template Wizard for office 2007 as it was in office 2003?
> Plz response, and thanks in Advance
> --
> Atif Hasan
0
Ron
1/18/2010 8:13:17 PM
Ron

I will confirm the Template Wizard works in 2007..........but limited to
only 256 fields/columns.

What I don't know if how to get it to write to an Access database.

I get no option other than to write to Excel Workbook database

Gord

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:13:17 +0100, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
wrote:

>The last version is for 2002 but It is working in 2003 also and I think in 2007.
>The only problem is that the install file from the 2002 version is not working for 2003-2007.
>
>If you mail me private I can send you the 2002 xla file so you can install it
>Or if you have a other machine where you use this add-in (WZTEMPLT.XLA) you can copy it to the new machine

0
Gord
1/18/2010 9:34:52 PM
Hi Gord

Thanks for helping in this thread

>What I don't know if how to get it to write to an Access database.
I never used it Gord so I can't help you

I only send a thousand times or so to Excel users with 2003 that where not able
to install it. Now that I reply in this thread I will keep the file on my desktop so I
can reply fast with the file if newsgroup readers want it <vbg>

--

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:ugk9l5tccan0lucc7jnpu4uam0fnh9cil3@4ax.com...
> Ron
>
> I will confirm the Template Wizard works in 2007..........but limited to
> only 256 fields/columns.
>
> What I don't know if how to get it to write to an Access database.
>
> I get no option other than to write to Excel Workbook database
>

> Gord
>
> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:13:17 +0100, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>The last version is for 2002 but It is working in 2003 also and I think in 2007.
>>The only problem is that the install file from the 2002 version is not working for 2003-2007.
>>
>>If you mail me private I can send you the 2002 xla file so you can install it
>>Or if you have a other machine where you use this add-in (WZTEMPLT.XLA) you can copy it to the new machine

0
Ron
1/18/2010 9:50:46 PM
I get a lot of requests by email since I am on record as having a good copy
of the Wizard.

Gord

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:50:46 +0100, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
wrote:

>Hi Gord
>
>Thanks for helping in this thread
>
>>What I don't know if how to get it to write to an Access database.
>I never used it Gord so I can't help you
>
>I only send a thousand times or so to Excel users with 2003 that where not able
>to install it. Now that I reply in this thread I will keep the file on my desktop so I
>can reply fast with the file if newsgroup readers want it <vbg>

0
Gord
1/18/2010 10:42:47 PM
Hi Gord

>I get a lot of requests by email since I am on record as having a good copy
> of the Wizard.

Good to hear that I am not the only one

--

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:gto9l51an08bp2tp9rhp2p3o7697n148ja@4ax.com...
>I get a lot of requests by email since I am on record as having a good copy
> of the Wizard.
>

> Gord
>
> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:50:46 +0100, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi Gord
>>
>>Thanks for helping in this thread
>>
>>>What I don't know if how to get it to write to an Access database.
>>I never used it Gord so I can't help you
>>
>>I only send a thousand times or so to Excel users with 2003 that where not able
>>to install it. Now that I reply in this thread I will keep the file on my desktop so I
>>can reply fast with the file if newsgroup readers want it <vbg>

0
Ron
1/18/2010 10:49:09 PM
Thanks for your tips
I have installed 2002 Template Wizard and it worked for me on 2007
now i am able to connect my excel 2007 cells to my access database as i was
doing in 2003 before.

--
Atif Hasan

"Atif Hasan" wrote:

> I was using Office 2003 before, and in excel 2003 i have created one invoice
> template and connected it with my access data base, before it was done very
> simple method by using Template wizard, i connect the desired Excell Sheet
> Cell with my Access Data Base table Field, but now when i have upgraded to
> Office 2007, the link is not working, i am not able to connect my excel sheet
> cell data with the access database filed, no idea what to do, is there any
> Template Wizard for office 2007 as it was in office 2003?
> Plz response, and thanks in Advance
> --
> Atif Hasan
i ran the template wizard, first it asked me the file name to be saved then
in the next step it asked me about the database in which i want to link the
cell data after that it asked me to choose the table of that database then i
selected the database table and linked the cells with my table, like in my
excel sheet where i put date i linked it with the date field of my database
and so on, but
there is one problem now i am facing, my previous data base file extension
was .MDB and in Access 2007 the file extension is .ACCDB and Template wizard
is not recognizing that file even after  i have convereted .ACCDB to .MDB
format still it is not wokring. But working for the databse which was created
in Access 2003.
now can u help me in this regard
--
Atif Hasan

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Atif
>
> Can you walk me through the steps to create an Access Database using the
> Excel Template Wizard with Data Tracking?
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 04:19:01 -0800, Atif Hasan
> <AtifHasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for your tips
> >I have installed 2002 Template Wizard and it worked for me on 2007
> >now i am able to connect my excel 2007 cells to my access database as i was
> >doing in 2003 before.
>
> .

In Step 2 the only choice I get for database is Microsoft Excel Workbook.

Cannot help you with the Access issue.

Gord

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:13:02 -0800, Atif Hasan
<AtifHasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i ran the template wizard, first it asked me the file name to be saved then
>in the next step it asked me about the database in which i want to link the
>cell data after that it asked me to choose the table of that database then i
>selected the database table and linked the cells with my table, like in my
>excel sheet where i put date i linked it with the date field of my database
>and so on, but
>there is one problem now i am facing, my previous data base file extension
>was .MDB and in Access 2007 the file extension is .ACCDB and Template wizard
>is not recognizing that file even after  i have convereted .ACCDB to .MDB
>format still it is not wokring. But working for the databse which was created
>in Access 2003.
>now can u help me in this regard

0
Gord
1/20/2010 5:22:41 PM
In 2nd Step i have a drop down list, 1st option is Excel, 2nd is Access, 3rd
database II and 4th option is database III
--
Atif Hasan

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> In Step 2 the only choice I get for database is Microsoft Excel Workbook.
>
> Cannot help you with the Access issue.
>

> Gord
>
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:13:02 -0800, Atif Hasan
> <AtifHasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >i ran the template wizard, first it asked me the file name to be saved then
> >in the next step it asked me about the database in which i want to link the
> >cell data after that it asked me to choose the table of that database then i
> >selected the database table and linked the cells with my table, like in my
> >excel sheet where i put date i linked it with the date field of my database
> >and so on, but
> >there is one problem now i am facing, my previous data base file extension
> >was .MDB and in Access 2007 the file extension is .ACCDB and Template wizard
> >is not recognizing that file even after  i have convereted .ACCDB to .MDB
> >format still it is not wokring. But working for the databse which was created
> >in Access 2003.
> >now can u help me in this regard
>
> .

Cool.

Might be your ODBC sources are configured differently from mine.

I will investigate.

Gord

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:07:01 -0800, Atif Hasan
<AtifHasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In 2nd Step i have a drop down list, 1st option is Excel, 2nd is Access, 3rd
>database II and 4th option is database III

0
Gord

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

Excel error 1706

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

Charttitle.Text crashes (Excel 2000)
Hi, when I try to run the following code (on an existing diagram): With ActiveChart Dim globalLstFile as String globalLstFile =3D "02 KOBA_XYZ_C3-06214 02- 20.7-20.8=B0C Touchprobe Mittelpunkte.lst" =2EHasTitle =3D True =2EChartTitle.Text =3D "KOBA Sphere Gauge S/N 38 538 (" + globalLstFile + ")" & Chr(10) & _ "color coding: red =3D Zone 1, green =3D Zone 2, blue =3D Zone 3"= & Chr(10) & _ "light color: measurements that contain spheres that are within 20 cm of the edge of the measurement volume" ..=...

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...