Excel table to HTML - some columns too wide - help!

Hi, I am trying to create a table for a webpage, and since
I know almost nothing about webpage authoring, someone
suggested that I create the table on Excel and then convert
it to HTML. I know next to nothing about Excel either, but
I was able to easily create the table on it nonetheless.

The problem is, when I use the conversion option within
Excel, the result is a table that has one or two columns
in the middle about four times wider than the rest. They
all should be 2.17 wide, with columns at each side about
two times wider. I have monkeyed with everything, but all
that happens is that the wideness shifts to other columns,
but doesn't go away. The table should have two columns at
each side

thanks for any suggestions.

Dale
0
zit (1)

Hi Hodad
One way is to open the *.HTM fiel with Notepad.
Now search for a string like this.

Replace the '279pt' with the size that you want.

---

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

More Columns #2

Please help #8

learning Excel #3

Pivot Table Question #5

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Help with importing data

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

Table of Contents for each section
I have tried several times to create a TOC for each section of my document. They way it is now I can simply go to the Insert a TOC and it will insert e perfect TOC. All my text has been changed to the appropriate Level and I have no problem there. But I need to seperate the chapters to the start of their respective sections (I have next page breaks inserted at the start of every chapter). I have tried the bookmark method, no luck. I have tried other methods but I think my problem is that I have selected the appropriate fields and changed their levels appropriately. I have not mes...

Excel VBA

Unjoin tables in query
Hi, I have 2 tables (table1 & table2) in query that don't have a relational field each other. Table1 has Date, decription & amount. Table2 has RecordNo & filenm. I'd like to pull all fields in Table1 and only the last record of field Filenm in table2. How can I make a query to produce report like that. If anybody can tell me, I'm very appreciated. Thanks KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 It works. Thank you very much.... Jerry Whittle wrote: >First create a query called qryLastFil...

' in numbers and Pivot tables
I have a spreadsheet with multiple rows of the same ID number. The ID number (when you click on the cell) has a ' before the number. I have created a pivot table to condese this data into something more meaningful. (which works) However I do not see any ' in front of the ID number. I now need to use vlookup to lookup a value with the same ID as I have on another sheet. But when I use the vlookup formula, I get #N/A. However if I manually add ' in front of the ID in the main sheet it looks it up. There are thousands of rows, but I do not fancy putting an ' in f...