Excel tab as windows

Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top.  So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth?
Thanks
C. Fillmore

Hi
you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a
'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

surveyorinva wrote:
> Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open
> another tab as a smaller window that is always on top.  So I can
> enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize,
> or switch back & forth? Thanks
> C. Fillmore

0
frank.kabel (11126)
6/10/2004 2:29:45 PM
But you could do
Window|new Window
then
Window|arrange|tiled
(resize manually)

When you're tired of this, click on the window you want to close and hit ctrl-F4
(or ctrl-W).

Excel will try to help you by showing a number in the title bar:
book1.xls:1 or book1.xls:2

They're not separate workbooks--just multiple windows to the same workbook.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

number rounding in MS Excel

Window Redirection?

Trouble with Tab Control
I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or "normal" i've selected botha nd nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this. thanks On Jan 25, 9:32 am, tsla...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab > appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I > saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or > ...

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Filters in Excel 2003

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

How do I disable the handicapped feature in Excel?
Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does anyone know how to reverse this? Duh! Nevermind. Not an Excel problem. Control Panel - Handicapped feature. Thanks. "TIrish" wrote: > Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to > hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does > anyone know how to reverse this? ...