Excel stopped Calculations???

I'm running Excel 2000  build 9.0.272

I was working on my spreadsheet, all of a sudden it appeared to crash.
So i rebooted my machine.

When I did so, it stopped making calculations. :(  Very strange (an
very bad).  I can't get it to do _any_ calculations, either n th
spreadsheet I was working on or any other spreadsheet.

I can't figure out how to make it re-calculate the formulas again.
Everything is intact, my formulas, values, etc...

thank you for your help

From the menu at the top, select:
Tools
Click on tab marked Calculation
Select "automatic"   (it is probably set on manual right
now)

strange (and
>very bad).  I can't get it to do _any_ calculations,
either n the
>spreadsheet I was working on or any other spreadsheet.
>
>I can't figure out how to make it re-calculate the
formulas again.
>Everything is intact, my formulas, values, etc...
>
>thank you for your help!
>

>---
>
>.

I figured it out.  For anyone who wants to know.  The options menu go
changed when the spreadsheet crashed.

There is an option to automatically calculate.  It is the default, bu
somehow it got changed during the crash.

just fyi..

Luu,

It gets that setting from the first workbook you open.  It then applies to
all workbooks.  DOn't ask.  No one knows.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"luu980 >" <<luu980.1aj74k@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I figured it out.  For anyone who wants to know.  The options menu got
> changed when the spreadsheet crashed.
>
> There is an option to automatically calculate.  It is the default, but
> somehow it got changed during the crash.
>
> just fyi...
>

> ---

nowhere1083 (630)
8/5/2004 9:10:00 PM
Thank you two for your replies!  I greatly appreciate the help!

Stock quote add-in compatible with Excel 2007???
Does anyone know if the Microsoft add-ins used to download stock market quotes in earlier versions of Excel will also work with Excel 2007 under XP Service Pack 2? There are two possible files available for download from Microsoft: rrstock.exe, from late 2003 msnsq.exe, from early 2004 I have never used either because I still use the incompatible Excel 97. I am contemplating an upgrade to Office 2007 and am wondering if either will work for my purposes. I don't use Quicken, Money, or any other package. I just want to be able to connect to a web site and automatically download a s...

Excel Copy and Paste (Greyed)
1. Open an existing Excel workbook with mulltiple sheets. 2. Activate Sheet1 ; Right-click the mouse short-cut menu (which shows Copy okay, but Paste and Paste Special are greyed). 3. That means that Paste operation is hampered on Sheet1. 4. However, the right-click mouse's short-cut menu is apparently working okay on the other worksheets (meaning that Paste and Paste Special are not greyed thereof). 5. Please share your comment ; What could be done to restore the Copy-and-Paste operations on the right-click mouse's short-cut menu for Sheet1 ? 6. Regards. I don't see a direc...

how do i draw a chart with excel
Iwanto draw a bar chart with excel Highlight the data that the chart will be based on then click Insert on the menu then Chart, choose bar chart from the chart type and follow the instructions. "bkhojolita" wrote: > Iwanto draw a bar chart with excel ...

hot to access deleted information in excel sheets
Hi everyone, a friend of mine did something stupid ;) she deleted some data in an excel worksheet, saved the file and quit the program. Now she discovered she actually still needs that data. No backup though. As far as I know, some information about former states of an document is saved by Excel even if versioning (or whatever it is called) is not enabled. Is it possible to retrieve these and if how? thanks and regards, Goeran No way that I know of other than maybe the power of prayer ... but I wouldn't hold your breath. IMHO it's gone. It is called a "learning experie...

is it possible in excel?
Hi, I'm new to excel, perhaps someone will help me. What I want to do is to make a monthly expences list. At the moment got sth like this: FEBRUARY --------------------------------------------------------------- days 1 2 3 4 5 6 ..... --------------------------------------------------------------- Shopping 60$ 20$ Entertainment Books 15$ ..... What I want to do is to divide some categories on a subcategories, to make it look like FEBRUARY ------------------...

Microsoft Excell does not format the data numbers right justified.
Hi. I am using Microsoft Excell and can not format the data in the cells as I want. For example, I want to format the cells with the dollar sign and right justified but when I click on the buttons under format cells, it does not do what I want. I have no idea why this does not work but it seems like it should. I have tried it at least 20 times and it never works or gives me any indication why. It may be that there is some mode or something turned on that I do not know about. Please help. Thanks. Do you realize that *before* you choose exactly what formats you wish to use, you *must* se...

excel start-up
For some reason every time I open excel, it trys to find a document that no longer exists and gives me an error message that I have to cancel out of before it lets me proceed. I then can open what I want and the program runs normally. I have checked the more obvious startup menus but can't seem to locate the instruction for the program to search for that old file. Does anyone have any suggestions? Hi maybe an external link. to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff wrote: > For some r...

i need a help excel file 'DATA Error [47
my excel and word documents error message is 'DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]' please help me ...

Exch2003 SP2 install can't stop smtp service
I have a Win2003 SP1 server running Exch2003 SP1, when I try to install Exch2003 SP2, it is unable to stop the SMTP service and never finishes. I tried to stop all Exchange services and run the service pack again, but I can't get the SMTP service to stop. I get a 1053 error the the service did not respond to the stop request. I tried stopping the SMTP service via the services gui interface and I also tried it via command line. Any thoughts? -- Thanks for your help. On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:18:01 -0800, Landon <ljbideaux@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a Win2003 SP1 server ru...

Excel won't open
Hi When I click on an excel file , only the program opens with a blank page. I can only open file by opening the program and clicking File Open Any idea why this happens ? Thanks Leon Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. Maybe ...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

Excel warns that the file has changed when it hasn't
I have a rather large Excel file, with 15 sheets. I am finding that if I open and then try to immediately close it, Excel warns "Do you want to save the changes you made to ..", even though I haven't changed a thing (or even typed anywhere in the file). What's going on? This is using Office XP, with SP3 installed. Bill Do you have any of these volatile functions in your workbook? AREAS() INDEX() OFFSET() CELL() INDIRECT() ROWS() COLUMNS() NOW() TODAY() RAND() These evaluate with each calculation. And cause excel to think your workbook ha...

change line formatting in line chart
I have a user who has a chart with 40+ lines. He know how to change the width of a line, but needs to do this with all the lines in this chart. Is there a way to change the thickness of all the lines in the chart at one time? This is a pivot chart in Excel 2007. Thank you. Hi, Each series needs to be formatted individually. You code use code to speed things up. You might also be able to set up a chart template, not 100% sure the template get applied correctly to a pivot chart. You will need to format a chart with +40 lines change the line thickness and then save as template. You ca...

Excel 97 to Excel XP upgrade issue
I'm about to upgrade a group of three users to Windows XP, Office XP. One user is on Windows 98, Office 97. The other two are on WinXP, Office 2000. They use Excel heavily with Bloomberg for trading purposes. The users are opposed to this upgrade due to issues between them and the old I.T. department. They claim there were "all kinds of problems" the last time they attempted upgrades. Before continuing with the upgrade again, I've been asked to get a statement from Microsoft saying what, if any issues there are with the following: 1. Pivot table issues between Ex...

Import Access data into Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way to do this without having to write VB code? I have an Access table which has fields such as Product_ID, Product_Description, Product_Image etc. To generate a quotation for a customer in Excel, I would like to create a worksheet where the user would enter the Product_ID in one cell so that the Product_Description, Product_Price etc. loads automatically into adjacent cells on the same row of the Excel worksheet. In other words, the values for the remaining cells in the row woudl be automatically looked up from the Access table. It is necessary to use Excel because only one user...

excel wont open files from a WHS network drive, on my mac mini, but i will from my macbook?

I want to calculate the grade I need to get an A in my class
-- Neal's Quest A 95% average should get you close. But I'd talk to the instruction to see what the grading scale is. Neal wrote: > > -- > Neal's Quest -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel Chart Help
Hi I have around 400 rows that I have filtered by location (around 100) so I need a 100 graphs, one for each location. However, I used a filter to change the graph which works except for the title which is the location and it does not seem to change at all although i gave it a cell reference (tried absolute and relative). Is there anyway that the chart title can change everytime i apply a different filter? If there is a way please let me know? Also, I wanted to add in another column (which contains a percent of the value) into my chart so it displays the value and the percent as well, so...

Excel Template to track Gain/Loss for IRS purposes
Would like a resource/template to track Gain/Loss for IRS purposes (IRS Form Schedule C) ...

formating excel charts
Does anyone know how to scale the chart area in excel?? Here is a synopsis of my problem. I created a chart and pasted it into word. I changed the page setup in word to landscape and made the chart as big as possible to fit on one page. I understand if I mess with the size, I can make it scale corectly. It appears that the scale is like 2 in the x direction and 1 in the y. I would like to know if there is a way to define the x and y scale so that the grid lines are a 1 to 1 scale. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Jon Peltier has instructions for making gridlines squa...

In Excel, can you change uppercase letters to lowercase
I am working on a spreadsheet with numerous text entries in all uppercase and would like to change to lowercase. Is there a simple solution to this matter? See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower In article <0BA383A9-6BB0-4AD3-9170-8AC66CB4E5C8@microsoft.com>, mdh6245 <mdh6245@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am working on a spreadsheet with numerous text entries in all uppercase and > would like to change to lowercase. Is there a simple solution to this matter? With QWERTY in A1, enter =LOWER(A1) in B1 to get qwerty Gord Dibben MS Ex...

Qurey Excel database?
Hi, This is the scenario: - 10 departments each with its own worksheet (contains one week o information) 60 rows for employee names per department and the hours worked each da (in each worksheet) A person could work in 6 different departments during the week Some departments may not operate at all during the week I need to assemble the hours worked per day per person onto a summar sheet. I am sure that its a simple problem - just that I am simpler than th problem! PLease can anyone point me in the right direction because I can't eve think of a way to search for the answer in the help...

rounding numbers in publisher 2007 from an excel 2007 import
I have an excel 2007 spreadsheet that I have rounded all of my number up 2 spaces after the decimal. When I import this file into publisher 2007, it does not keep my rounding. Is there anyway to do this in publisher? Am I doing something wrong in excel? Please help - this is driving me nuts!!! How are you importing into Publisher? Is this a merge? If it is a merge format the field in Excel as text. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rpike" <rpike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A35A9EC-19A4-447A-946F-FA69F264A4B8@microsoft.com......

Excel 2000 Scatter Chart cannot use data labels
In Excel 2000, the Show Labels option in the "Data Label" tab does not show the label when using a scatter chart. It will show the value. I want to show the label. Please help. Consider using a program such as Rob Bovey's misnamed XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com). For a 'do it yourself' approach see Data Labels http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_labels/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutio...

Problem with VBA code not running in Excel 2003
Hi All, I have recently developed a sheet which checks the distance between 2 postcodes and then outputs results to another sheet and sorts them by distance (closest to furthest). This works perfectly in Excel 2007 (which I developed the sheet with) but when my collegue runs it in 2003 the code for the sort fails. The code is: Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort.SortFields.Clear ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("F7"), _ ...