Excel spreadsheet - wanting to slant 3 column headings

How do you slant column headings?  Within one wide column
I want to have 3 slanted column headings for that
particular column.  Can this be done?  Thanks for your
help.

Christine

Enter the three lines with Alt+Enter after each one. Then set the
orientation from Format/Cells/Alignment tab.

Andy.

"Christine" <christine.lee@barco.com> wrote in message
> How do you slant column headings?  Within one wide column
> I want to have 3 slanted column headings for that
> particular column.  Can this be done?  Thanks for your
> help.

0
andy2763 (218)

created new list, disabled default columns, can't modify
Hi, I created a new list using the tasks template. I've created my own columns and disabled the default ones. Just found out that doing this, I cannot modify anything. Normally, when going into a list, you can click on the default column (title I think) to modify or to get into the information that's there for modifications but because I am only using customized columns, I can't modify anything even though I have full control so it's not a permission issue. Normally what I do is to rename the default "title" list to something else I use and people are...

Import external data-text files but placed in the next column rather than next empty row
I want to import text files in to one worksheet. The text files are sent daily and all the same format. However the text file names change buy an incremental number. Is it possible to create a macro that imports these text files, ignoring their exact filename but from the same source directory into one worksheet. Can you use wild cards for the name e.g. "********.txt"? At the moment I can manually do this, by selecting the cell below the last record then using the process "Get external Data" and following the wizard which works fine. As soon as I try to create a m...

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Exporting to excel
Hi, I have a little problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 and exporting to excel any data. While i'm trying to do that from machine with WinXP everything works great(IE doesnt close) but when i try to proceed that from Windows Server 2003 it fails. When i try to just open exported data, IE closes and excel appears but with no data because it cant find the file. When i try to save data to excel, IE closes as well but data is exported. Furthermore when i have additional IE window opened i can export data(IE still closes). Thanks in advance Regards ...

Problems saving Excel & MS Office 2000 files.
We are seeing issues when saving files to user directory on a windows 2000 server. The users are all using Windows 2000 pro systems & Office 2000 Pro. The original files will disappear & a new file with a random 8 character name will appear in their directory. The file will have no security permissions associated with it. It is not happening all of the time, just random. The servers are all Dell 1500sc or 1600sc w/1.2 gig of ram and 60 gig of hd space on the shared directory. The servers are also acting as a print server as well as running Norton Anti-Virus Corp Edition...

Using Excel with Access
Is it possible to have excel update automaticlly if I'm entering data into an offline Access Report. I'd like to be able to enter data into access and have it update my excel report at the same time. Is this Possible? If so How? Thanks -- petevang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400501 ...

Re: Updating spreadsheets
Is there a way in Excel to take a spreadsheet containing new price adjustments, compare it to my current inventory, make price changes as necessary on my current inventory spreadsheet, and , then print a list of changed items? Or is this an Acess function? Thanks, Gary B gb20003@comcast.net Gary, take a look at the Data Loader at http://www.add-ins.com/dataload.htm. It will do most of what you want. It will color the cells that are loaded blue so that you can identify the ones that were updated. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems 144 Dewberry Drive Hockessin, Delaware, U.S. 19707 Phone: 302...

UserForm #3
How can you get the UserForm to add results entered on several Excel sheets? Below is the code for one excel sheet. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim LastRow As Object Set LastRow = Sheet1.Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = TextBox1.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = TextBox2.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = TextBox3.Text MsgBox "One record written to Sheet1" response = MsgBox("Do you want to enter another record?", _ vbYesNo) ...

Help with a formula #3
Hello i am new her and hope you can help me with my problem: In column A i have the following value's 0, 1 and -1. Now i want in column B: we leave the 0 out, if A=-1 than column should give 1, if the next one is again -1 than B should be 2 onl after A is 1 than B should be 0 and start over again. See example below, i want to see how long a -1 streak is before an 1 i coming. A B -1 1 0 0 -1 2 0 0 1 0 0 -1 1 0 1 0 0 -1 1 0 0 -1 2 0 -1 3 0 0 1 0 Thanks, greetings Richar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Richard one way: Enter the following in B1 as array formul...

Excel 97 Validation
I have cell formatted for percent and would like to validate the same cell to enter a whole number between 1 and 100. I want an input to be in whole numbers with the operand and displayed as 85%. The problem is entering a value of 85 yields 8500% due to the format of the operand. I am also using this cell in a formula in another cell. I then changed the validation to decimal between .01 and 1. This works fine except now the input has to be .85 for 85% (Although I discovered it works fine if you do not go out the range at first. You can repeatedly enter whole numbers until a number is ent...

Excel Solver
I have a very simple model I've created with with Excel Solver. Easy data with which I can easily come up with solutions seems to baffle Solver. Is there anybody out there that would receive this spreadsheet to and give me some input? "Mark Reuber" <aaronprinting@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there anybody out there that would receive this > spreadsheet to and give me some input? I struggle with Solver myself sometimes. It is not always able to find solutions, especially with the default options. But I would be willing to take a look-see. Send your workb...

In Excell--- I want to rotate a table 90 degrees
I need to rotate a spreadsheet (11 x 8 1/2)landscape to be on a portrait (8 1/2 x 11). Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet? you mean actually print it with what shows as the columns being the rows and vice versa? highlight the original table and as you have the last cell highlighted, note in the NAME box on the upper left the Row x Column numbers. Select a range on another sheet that is exactly the flip of those numbers (in other words, stretch until you get the Row x Column to be the Column x Row of the original size). When you have selected this new range, type =TRANSPOSE(hig...

Media for CRM 3.0
Where do customeres on software assurance get media for CRM 3.0. Will it come in the mail, or does the partner have to order it form them? -- --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Certified Integration Between Microsoft CRM to Microsoft Solomon ---------------------------- Pierre, You have to order a mediakit for CRM 3.0. This must be doen via a Microsoft Partner. It's around ? 30,00 -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Pierre Hulsebus" <support@ehtc.com> w...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

How do I cancel an outgoing email
I tried to send an email with 2 photos attached last Friday around 10: AM. It is still in my outbox today (Monday). I can't delete it and keep getting a message that says that it's because it has already started sending. It's been more than 3 days! I've shut down my email, shut down my computer and even restored to the day before. It is still there sending. As a result, all other outgoing messages are waiting too. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm should be helpful. "Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How to Change Media Player in Excel
While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperlinks it was opening in the player which I dont know...So, I wanna change my video player to WMP or VLC. is it possible? how cld? This has to do with the file associations on your computer, not Excel. Do a search for "change file associations" in your favorite search engine and follow the instructions for your OS. --JP On Feb 2, 11:59=A0pm, Change Media Player in Excel Hyperlink <Change Media Player in Excel Hyperl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperl...

Manipulating totals and columns in Pivot Tables
Hi, I'm constructing a pivot table that has investors as columns, investments as rows, and the general data is values. Trouble is there is a column which I want to only display half of each value. I know that I can make a formula that divides a column "column A/2", and then hide the unwanted columns. But I would also like the hidden columns to not be included in the grand totals. How do I make this happen? Thanks! Hi, So let me understand what you want, something like this in the Pivot Table: A B C Name Jp ...

Concatenate 2 columns date & time
Hi, I am working with Excel 2003 and have a ws that I need to combine column B which is a date, with column C which contains the time. No matter how I have formatted column D, I cannot get the date to display correctly. What I have is: B C 05/01/2010 10:55 24/12/2009 09:35 I need column D to show as: 05/01/2010 10:55 24/12/2009 09:35 I have tried several different formulas/formatting in Column D but always end u...

Spreadsheet (version 1).xls: file format is not valid
My question was not posted from Tuesday, March 30, 2010, so I am asking again. Windows 7, excel 2007, while spreadsheet open, not necessarily in the middle of editing, arbitrarily goes to recovering the spreadsheet, then document recovery comes up on the left and the message as in the subject line appears. A converter was added about a week ago, that has been removed, but still having the issue. Please help. ...

Disk Cleanup
(Running 2000-Pro, SP-4, IE-6, OE-6, classic mode, dial-up.) (Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP-2, IE-8, WM-6, WLM-09, classic mode, dial-up.) (Running XP Home Edition, version 2002, SP-3, IE-8, OE-6, classic mode, via wi-fi spots.) Question #1: On my Vista system, under Disk Cleanup, one has the option to delete the following, among others: Debug Dump Files System Error Memory Dump Files System Error Minidump Files Per User Archived Windows Error Rep By default these are not checked on my system. Is there any reason why I can't delete those files? Question #2: ...

QS2000 to RMS1.3 upgrade Lot matrix problem.
When i did a test upgrade from QS2000 to RMS 1.3 my lot item matrix items lost the associated Tag along item ( i use it for county and state taxes on alcohol) It imports the QTY and correct price but does not assign the correct QTY to the tag along item. Is there a way to correct this or do i have to do it manually /. What other problems should i look for when upgrading from QS2000 Robert ...

windows 7 and outlook client for crm 3.0 supported?
according to latest implementation guide 3.05 it is not :-(. anyone please. -- thanks in advance / danke im voraus, fritz -- Fritz Theiss ...

how to use vba in excel
I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel Have you tried using the macro recorder. If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barkeroo" <Barkeroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D59A36AF-B67C-4E24-8F1D-91917956CA79@microsoft.com... >I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel ...