excel spread sheet wont caculate new data entered in ranges.

my excel spread sheets no longer adds new data entered in ranges.  I use
Excel to track construction expenses.  Recently the workbook spreadsheets
stoped adding new data entered into the ranges.

Tools>Options>Calculation is set to "Manual"?

The SUM range is too narrow and does not include the new data rows/columns?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:05:04 -0800, "Art-needs-help"
<Art-needs-help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>my excel spread sheets no longer adds new data entered in ranges.  I use
>Excel to track construction expenses.  Recently the workbook spreadsheets
>stoped adding new data entered into the ranges.

0
Gord
11/7/2005 11:26:16 PM
Gord thanks very much.  I don't know how the manual option got clicked but
that was the problem.  I fiddled around checking formulas and reentering data
for a couple hours before I gave up and posted the question.  So your very
correct and very quick responce is greately appreciated.  Many Thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Tools>Options>Calculation is set to "Manual"?
>
> The SUM range is too narrow and does not include the new data rows/columns?
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:05:04 -0800, "Art-needs-help"
> <Art-needs-help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >my excel spread sheets no longer adds new data entered in ranges.  I use
> >Excel to track construction expenses.  Recently the workbook spreadsheets
> >stoped adding new data entered into the ranges.

Thanks again Gord! Just in case my first thank you didn't find it's way to you.

"Art-needs-help" wrote:

> my excel spread sheets no longer adds new data entered in ranges.  I use
> Excel to track construction expenses.  Recently the workbook spreadsheets
> stoped adding new data entered into the ranges.

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

New Implementation

Excel button problem

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Attaching Contacts to new email

learning Excel #3

Pulling data from separate tabs

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

data sort

New Record

Problem with Range

Help with importing data

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

Formula for cross tab data filling