Excel should let me enter time in one hundreds of a second.

I am a volunteer Track & Field coach for 13 years, and would like to use
Excel to keep my team's satistics.  But am unable to enter time as minutes,
seconds, tenth of seconds, or hundreth of seconds.  Probably because I don't
know how to do it without converting minutes to seconds.  Sure would be nice
to be able to enter exact times and query for totals and averages.  Hopefully
the newer version of Excel/Office will have this capability, and that I can
afford it.  I would rather use Office then have to purchase a seperate
program called "Team Manager"

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6eb9ecc4-b6b0-4c37-8e7c-8775d319e01c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
mrvw (1)

Did you try formatting the cell as follows:

mm:ss.000

This should give you a cell that will read 15:25.254 as in 15 minutes,
25 seconds and 254 hundreths

Jon

--
Jon Quixley
Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25803

You can do that, format as hh:mm:ss.00, and enter such as

0:0:5.25

This adds up correctly, you can average it and so.

--

HTH

RP

"mrvw" <mrvw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am a volunteer Track & Field coach for 13 years, and would like to use
> Excel to keep my team's satistics.  But am unable to enter time as
minutes,
> seconds, tenth of seconds, or hundreth of seconds.  Probably because I
don't
> know how to do it without converting minutes to seconds.  Sure would be
nice
> to be able to enter exact times and query for totals and averages.
Hopefully
> the newer version of Excel/Office will have this capability, and that I
can
> afford it.  I would rather use Office then have to purchase a seperate
> program called "Team Manager"
>
> ----------------
this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6eb9ecc4-b6b0-4c37-8e7c-8775d319e01c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/31/2005 10:39:03 AM
That would be 254 thousandths...

In article <Jon.Quixley.1uml6a_1125486306.8341@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 Jon Quixley <Jon.Quixley.1uml6a_1125486306.8341@excelforum-nospam.com>
 wrote:

> Did you try formatting the cell as follows:
>
> mm:ss.000
>
> This should give you a cell that will read 15:25.254 as in 15 minutes,
> 25 seconds and 254 hundreths
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

if cell is text move left one column

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Run time error 5 : HQClient

Excel error 1706