Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily

Dear Microsoft...

With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily,
with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the
colours...

Please make it as easy as the other office products.

Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=444a60e6-1f44-43db-b915-f06c203a7159&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
Gee (17)

Excel Leading Zeros
Hi, I'm recreating a "transID" made up of year,month, date,branch, transaction number in the mainframe. The excel data contains all these fields, but I've had to use format>cells>custom>00000 to ensure the transaction number has leading zeros. I'm trying to concatenate these fields, but the transaction number reverts back no leading zeros, so what should be 2006010511100123, looks like 200615111123. I need to exactly replicate the "transID" Any ideas ? Rich Build it up in pieces formatting each piece the way you want: dim myStr as string mystr =...

how do I change the size of the y-axis label?
The Y-axis label is being cut off, even when I change the font size. Any suggestions? Alex, Unfortunately the chart labels as sometimes difficult to work with. You might try deleting the Y axis label and then replacing the label with a textbox. You can use the drawing toolbar access a textbox to put into your chart. Alternatively, just select the chart and start typing. You should see your text appear in the formula bar. When finished, hit the enter key and your text should appear in a textbox within the chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alex&quo...

#ERROR in Custom Field
I wrote a simple equation Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show "#ERROR" Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I did wrong? Hit the F9 key to recalculate. What type of field is the Additional Costs field? -Jack Dahlgren "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0A8BFF-7179-4168-80EC-DE1881F8E284@microsoft.com... > I wrote a simple equation > > Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 > > It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show...

Sorting the "My Work" or "Customers"
Hi, The default setting for the My Work is: Activities Calendar Queues Articles Reports Announcements The default setting for Customers: Accounts Contacts Is there a way to change order of these? Thanks Hello katrinathompson, yes you can change it in the sitemap.xml regards Mario > Hi, > > The default setting for the My Work is: > Activities > Calendar > Queues > Articles > Reports > Announcements > The default setting for Customers: > Accounts > Contacts > Is there a way to change order of these? > > Thanks > ...

Re page numbers in excel
Is it possible to move where headers and footers are shown, like you can do in word. My example a report with landscape and portrait and i would be the page number to be at the side of the landscape document Thanks ...

Excel and PDA's
I want to use a excel form that I created using Macros, but my PDA using Windows doesn't not recongnize them. Is there a way for the PDA to use the macros? Thank you, Dan Hi Dan As far as I know, no. Pocket Excel is emphasis Pocket. However, if you have a spare amount of time and money, you can create just anything for Windows Pda's with Visual Studio.NET. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Dan Young" <d1rmrc@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:3CBDF40E-530A-4DFC-8174-9207167AE90B@microsoft.com... > I want to use a excel form that ...

Data validated list not transferring to Word
I am having an issue inserting a table created in excel into a word document. I have tried inserting and copying info from the excel spreadsheet into the word document and although the columns, text, fill colours and even the list tab on each cell transfers. However when you click on the cell and press the list tab the list opens but there is no text to choose from. I had created the list for each cell with Data Validation; naming each list and inputting this info into {Data validation - Settings - Source (=FFESpend)}. The list options work whilst in excel however when I ...

Change events
Can someone please provide me with an example of a change event where, if a value from a formula in column A (all formulas) changes to let's say "apples" have it trigger "macro1", if the value from a formula in column A changes to "oranges" let it trigger "macro2". Then to complicate matters, worse, I'd like to be able to expand on it to look at columns "B", "C" and "D" (again all formulas) and look for "pears", and so on....to trigger other macros....Please advise, Steve I left out one other important n...

Custom Animation
I have tried to use the custom animation in Powerpoint 2007 to create the effect of dissolving the top photo upon exiting, while a second photo (underneath) appears upon entrance. Unfortunately, the top photo reappears almost immediately. This defeats the whole purpose!! Can anybody tell me how to prevent this from happening? I would much appreciate your help! Thank you! First photo desappears with previous effect with, let say a delay of 6" Second photo above first one appears with previous effect Second photo desappears after previous effect with delay of 6"...

Customizing Views in OL2003 across a "Personal Folders" folder set
My company has migrated to Outlook 2003 and I would like to make some changes to the new Default Views. I have read the tips at outlook-tips.net and gone through this group in some detail but have not been able to accomplish my goals I have a bunch of folders saved on my local drive under "Personal Folders" which is on the same tree level as the main mailbox. I would like to 1) Disable Grouping 2) Disable the Reading Pane For 1) I tried View->Define Views->... per outlook-tips.net but it did not work across the subfolders in the Personal Folders directory. I also tried dis...

can't save
Write using Word - 2007 - Windows 7 When I try to shut word file down with the red "close" button - Word/Windows will not close. Even after saving the files - the "word document" simply stays open Hope you have some help....I've been frustrated for weeks. Even tried a Word Uninstallment (didn't work) - and tried a COMPLETE Office 2007 Series Uninstall - No luck.... Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Pete firpro1@comcast.net Add the CLOSE command button to your Quick Access Toolbar. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &qu...

Is it possible to set an alarm in EXCEL?
Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to set an alarm in Excel. I' working with a lot of dates in Excel and I've got one column which i called "DATE OF NEXT ACTION" and at that date I'll need to call specific client. I know that I can filter the data on that column. But is there a way t set Excel so that something pops up on the screen? Or any other possibility that Excel checks the dates in that column an makes me aware if today's date is the same as the one in the column? If not, is there another software that can do that? Thanks so much for any help yo...

Problem of Truncation on Excel 2003
When I open a spreadsheet (saved on an earlier version of Excel) in Excel 2003, the "cell wrapped" cells lose most of the ending information, as if there were some sort of limit on the amount of data to be stored. The spreadsheet in question has links, which I do NOT want updated. I have been working with Excel for as many years as it has existed, therefore you may consider I am not making a mistake. We need this problem fixed ASAP. Additional information: Just discovered that the problem is in the handling of MERGED cells. Only the first cell of the merged group is kept ...

Run a macro when cell value changes
I have a macro that I would like to run, onlly when a particular cel value reaches a pre-defined value. I really do not know how to do this - I have looked on help features but to no avail. any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>save Now when cell c1 calculates to >32 your macro will fire Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Range("c1") > 32 Then call yourmacro ' MsgBox "Hi" End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Emea training >&quo...

Missing Leading zero when importing in excel
I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is there a way to avoid this, thx. Change the properties of that field to "Text" in Excel. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@bmsar.com "MOI" wrote: > I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I > import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is...

How can I graph the #of times a certain word is found in Excel?
For example I have a list of reasons of what brand of butter a group of customers choose to buy.... How can I take the number of times "I can't believe it's not butter" is listed as compared to "Brommel and Brown", etc. and graph them accordingly onto one graph so if I have 512 occurances where customers chose "I can't believe it's not butter" and 256 occurances where customers chose "Brommel and Brown" - then I would like the graph is twice as large for the "I can't believe it's not butter". Hi, Just put in an ...

Allowing Full Menus
In the Startup dialog box, I set the "Allow Full Menus" and "Allow Shortcut Menus" options to No. Is there any way that I can undo this. When I open the database, I only have access to my switchboard. I would like to block users from viewing tables. The only way I know to view the back-end is through the "Database Window". Is there any way that I can restrict the opening of these tables, while still allowing the administrator to open the Database window or tables? You can open your database with the database window showing and with your menus if you hol...

can't sum up items i cut&paste from access to excel..
i can't sum up no.'s i cut&paste from access to excel. excel recognizes the correctly cut&paste values as "zero" and so when i add up the columns, i get a zero for the total. They have probably come across as text rather than numbers. In a spare column you can enter the formula: =VALUE(A1) assuming your data starts in cell A1, then copy this down for the extent of your data. Highlight all the cells with this formula in, then click copy | Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK and press <enter>, then copy all these cells to overwrite the data in column A. You ...

Formula for Dates and CF Colour then convert to Text
Hi, Part 1 - Although I can do the CF on the cell, I am looking for a formula based on the following: 1. Date entered is from Today up 7 Days - My CF will format cell to Green 2. Date entered is between 8 days and 14 days - CF will format Amber 3. Date entered is greater than 14 days (15?) - CF will format Red My current formula's in CF based on: Condition 1 - Formula is: =IF(D4<>"",D4>TODAY()-7) Condition 2 - Formula is: =AND(D4<>"",D4>TODAY()-14) Condition 3 - Formula is: =AND(D4<>"",D4>TODAY()-600) -60...

where can i get a excel league table template?
for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70B7EB1-F42D-4B54-9E9C-76F4394B34FC@microsoft.com... > for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games ...

Change button caption on each click
How to change button caption from "Check All" to "Check None" when clicked, and change back when click again (toggle)? Because of space limitation, I don't want to create 2 separate buttons. When click Check All, I update the field to -1 When click Check None, I update the field to 0 Thanks Something like this in the button's click event. With Me.cmdBtnName If .Caption = "Check All" Then .Caption = "Check None" ElseIf .Caption = "Check None" Then .Caption = "Check All" End If End...

changing the reply address for Outlook 2003
I have two accounts defined in Outlook 2003: one that connects to my Exchange server and another that connects to a web-based IMAP account. I've set the IMAP account as the default and changed the reply to address. My outgoing server is also set to the IMAP server. However, every message I send goes out with the default reply address of my Exchange account. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do to fix this? Outlook Express handles it correctly. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet message...

Custom Format : Gb/Mb/kb/bytes : Need help debugging command
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to format a few series of bytes as something that is a little more legible, and truncating the number of decimal points. While the link 'Local Tips on Custom Formatting eg.' (http://www.exceltip.com/st/Formatting_numbers_according_to_criteria_in_Microsoft_Excel/71.html) has been a great aid in getting the general drift of how to write the custom format strings, it doesn't aid debugging something that errors. I have the following line: > [<1099511627776]((#,##0.000)/1099511627776)" > TB";[<1073741824]((#,##0.000)/1073741824)"...

Excel help #5
Hi, Can anyone please help me. I was trying to enter the below no in excel. 0000081563 But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563. how can i enter zero's infront of the number. Any help will be great. THanks -- kaushi Try formatting entry cell as "Text" before you enter the 0000... value. HTH Regards, Howard "Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45786724-0795-4E0D-AA9C-7C9EFF8AD564@microsoft.com... > > Hi, > > Can anyone please help me. > I was trying to enter the below no in excel. > > 000008...

How to Unset Customer
Hi Does anyone know how can i revert back to walk-in customer if I mistakenly select a customer in the POS screen regards, Joie Have you tried using the clear customer button or function "Joie" wrote: > Hi Does anyone know how can i revert back to walk-in customer if I > mistakenly select a customer in the POS screen > > regards, > Joie > > > Should be Ctrl-Shift-7 Marc "Paul Houston / Eastern National" <PaulHoustonEasternNational@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9C52238-1110-48B6-8D61-2AF6FEB51FEE@microsoft....