Excel should allow macro on a shared workbook.

We are using excel tables all the time at my company. There are more than 20
people working on the same excel file which has thousands of columns so we
use autofilter or some other macros.
Shared workbook will help us alot because we will be able to change the file
at the same time which is very time saving.
Is there any way that macros are allowed at shared workbooks?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=eea154e3-84ee-4928-98cd-3448ced6c388&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
Sahin (2)

You can run macros on shared workbooks.

You can't edit them, but you can run them.

And somethings can't be done in shared workbooks--even by macros.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Print an Excel document directly without starting Excel
Hello I like to print an Excel-sheet directly. The sheet is an phone-list, and has to be printed directly, so that bad- schooled users can use that button too. I guess that there are some parameters or so that send a document directly to the default printer. Straingely I can't find them anywhere. Greetings, Pieter Palsma Pieter If you find the file in Windows Explorer, for example, you can right-click on it and print it from there. This opens Excel, loads the workbook, prints it and then closes Excel. Andy "Pieter Palsma" <pieter.palsma@corusgroup.com> wrote in mes...

Embed Excel Spreadsheet in Word ?
I have created a Gantt Chart with Excel. I would like to embed that spreadsheet in Word for a report. I have used "Paste Special" --> "MS Excel Object" However, there is 2 problems 1) Part of the Excel Spreadsheet is not shown in Word (Even though I have chosen A3 as paper size for the Word Document). Is there any way to include the whole spreadsheet ? 2) Is it possible to paste in such a way that the gridlines are shown ? (Like the one that I print with gridline shown) Your advice is sought. Peter It depends on the size of the data that you are pasting. If...

Convert text to number
Hi guys, I receive a workbook that contains unformatted text and need to wor with numbers. I have MS Excel 2000 and can not convert text to number Just do not know how. P.S. Select Range - Format to number does not work. Thanks a lot to everybody who has any advice. Irina -- Irin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Irina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26345 Hi what type of text does your range contain. Could you post an example? ...

want Know Excel deeply
Hi, I am prince, n i want to know some commend in excel EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic GetXmlReader Data Access Method http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4b9d6e1c-abe2-4f4d-9abd-b6ebb3575e5e/generic-getxmlreader-data.aspx Here's a few websites that you can work your way through: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.aspx http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.html http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index.html http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm There are ...

Macros in Excel
I am trying to automate two function for multiple users of a series of microsoft files. While running a macro to create a new file for archiving specific data, I would like the user to be able to assign a filename while running the macro that creates the file. Is this possible? If so, how? Second, for the above mentioned file I would like to create a macro the automatically launches the send to mail recipient function, but allows the user to select the recipients from a corporate mail list while running the macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Take a look at Appl...

Excel Spreadsheets Reformat Question
I have a disk full of Excel files; I suspect they were created by exporting from an accounting program to Excel to share the financial information with others. Each of these files needs to be PDFd and Bates stamped for production in a legal matter. The problem is this: every single one of these Excel files is not formatted to display all of the information - in order to get a readable page, the columns need to be reformatted to display all of the information contained in each of them, then saved. There are literally hundreds of these files; would there be an easier way of gett...

Maintaining the size of the excel tables
I have been trying to insert tables from excel into my publisher file. I tried to insert them as an object and they didnt look good. I used pase sepcial and inserted them as enhanced pictures and other time as an excel sheet. However, no matter what I do I cant get these tables to look the same as they are in the excel sheet. They dont maintain the size and neither the look. Either the table looks too loose or the letters and numbers looks bigger than the orginal. Any tips or advices please ? Maybe the solution would be to create a table in Publisher, copy the cells in Excel, p...

After 10.1.5 update, word entoruage ok. Excel and Powerpoint crash
Hello All, Previously running Office v.x 10.1.3 and decided to download and install 10.1.4 and 10.1.5. Things seemed ok but then Excel and PowerPoint will unexpectedly quit after the splash screen and seeing the menu options. Word and Entourage work just fine. I've rebooted and also run First Aid to repair permissions. Still the same. I even reinstalled 10.1.5. Please help! This is driving me crazy! In article <_vubb.122055$mp.62781@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, "Tech Guy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > Previously running Office v.x 1...

Excel Date
want to be able to have a cell auto fill the first time the sheet i saved so i have the creation date. Then if poss - never let them chang the cell so it keeps record of when the file was first created. Thanks - any help will get some free chocolate! ;-) Arie Astor Chocolate Corp. www.astorchocolate.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try some code in the workbook module ; e.g. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If Range("Sheet1!A1") = "" Then Range("Sheet1!A1") = Date End If End Sub Then set Sheet1...

# NEW CHALLENGE: HOW TO PRODUCE COMBINATIONS OF DIFFERENT RANDOM NUMBERS AND DO NOT FULLY single repeatable in Excel 2003?
# NEW CHALLENGE: HOW TO PRODUCE combinations of different random numbers AND DO NOT FULLY single repeatable in Excel 2003? Well I found a function that produces random numbers different each other. The only problem is that since they need to apply function repeatedly through a cycle of VBA macro (DO. ... LOOP) it (a function that returns random numbers different from each other) combinations can produce duplicate (eg 1,2,3,4,5) (, (7, 10, 11, 4), [1.2.3.4.5) ...<-- COMBINATION DUPLICATE!) And I would like to know how to do that is avoid this and produze randomly all the different possible ...

Excel Reference?
I get a tooltip telling me that: Name 'EXL' is not declared and EXL has a squiggle line under it. I went to Project > Add Reference > COM > Microsoft 10.0 Object Library and still get that tooltip popping up. Code below: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim WSheet As New Excel.Worksheet() WSheet = EXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\TEST.XLS").Worksheets.Item(1) EXL.Range("A2:E3").Select() Dim CData As Excel.Range CData = EXL.Selection ...

Updating SQL Queries in Excel
Hi, as a newbie I have created queries on several work sheets of a work book. Each one is saved with a different name. This is all working fine. However, when I want to update each query I have to log on individually to each one. I really wanted to log on to the database only once and then have all the queries run and update similtaniously and to avoid have to log on to each one. Can anyone help me with that? You need to create stored procedures. What database is it? HTH Bob "Laura" <lvlandmark@gmail.com> wrote in message news:03c96f3c-8b14-49ef-9ab8-0cf...

Saving spreadsheet with a Macro (VB)
Hi all. I am trying to write some VBasic code within Excel to save to the path as follows: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents I know in windows world you would use %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%My Documents, but I can't figure out the proper use within VBasic MsgBox CreateObject("WScript.Shell").SpecialFolders(16) -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Jon Arbuckle" <NOSPAM@Nospam.com> wrote in message news:46b9ea68$0$4696$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Hi all. I am trying to write some VBas...

Can CRM Share an Exchange Server
Hello, We installed CRM on W2K3 server with Exchange 2003 running on it. We are assuming that this configuration will be OK given that they are supporting an install on SBS. Howerver, we had trouble adding users so we uninstalled. Upon reinstalling we keep getting a failure during provisioning. Can anyone shed any light on 1. Is it Ok to put this think on the Exchange Box? The exchange box only supports 10 users, but it is P4 Dual 2.8 Dell 2850 with 2G ram, so it is plenty powerful. 2. What do we do about this failure during the reinstall? Any suggestions as to where to look ...

howtofix excel 2000 says invalid AddIn for valid excel97 AddIn
how do i repair/fix/load my excel 97 AddIn into excel 2000 e.g. upon load of MYEAD.xlaEx2000 says: c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.....\AddIn\MYEAD.xla is an invalid AddIn TIA rob ...

date problem--excel changing entry
I want date to show as 11/05/03 and not have to enter the / or a -. Have formatted cells to date and that but excel ix changing to a totally different date----7/19/06? You could use a macro that converts numeric entries to dates. Chip Pearson has shared his: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Or if you're consistent (leading 0's for days and months), you could format the column(s) as text, do your data entry and then use data|text to columns to convert them to real dates (choose mdy as the field type). D Blount wrote: > > I want date to show as 11/05/03 and...

Distributing my macro to everyone in my office
Hi 1st post :) As the title states I have an excel macro I need to distribute to th rest of my office, I have tried to save the macro as an excel add-i but (then including it in the add ins loaded and restarting excel) When I open the add in I have no way of running the macros, do I hav to create an extra button on the toolbar as part of an automaticall run macro?? Or is there another way involving the default template for all users i the office? Or creating a new template? If anyone knows how to do this type of thing or has similar experienc I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks, C...

From Excel to VBA Chart appearance
Does anyone know when you move an application out of excel to a vba platform, is there any loss in quality and capabilities in the charts? Kind regards, Mark Mark Both of your questions have gone unanswered and I suspect it is a confusion. To get the data to any type of chart object/applet you would need to automate XL. While you are doing that, why would you want to *not* use XL's charting features, via the same automation? Is there something missing in XL's features. If you are using automation, then by default, you are using XL's charting object and there will be ...

outlook 2003 and windows shared fax service
I have noticed that windows shared fax service will not fax a document using a dialing rule (in this case "9") to dial out of our PBX system unless you go into each and every fax number and double click the number in the contact and select ok. This enables the international code: +1 (310) 123-4567 format. I was wondering if there was an easier way (through a policy, script, etc.) to accomplish this. To accomplish what? Al Microsoft Fax services require the phone number to which you are sending the fax is in "international format." Details on how to use international f...

Failure to lanch Excel of Office 97
I installed an English version of Office 97 sp2b in a Chinese Windows XP Pro. All components are working correctly except Excel. When I open Excel, the system asks me to close down due to error. The error message was incorrect signature: AppName: excel.exe, AppVer: 8.0.1.5618, ModName: vba332.dll,ModVer 3.0.0.7019, Offset: 000b66ff. I reinstalled several times without success. Actually, it worked correctly when I used it in my old computer running Chinese Windows ME. Can someone tell me the possible bugs and fixes Thanks, Ray ...

How can I find the alpha numeric codes in excel please,Thank you.
Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in excel and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you. choose font <symbols> and type a you will get alpha character map in system tools will have alphanumeric codes in English =char(65) is A =char(90) is Z =char(97) is a etc "Crazylady_2" <Crazylady_2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E69866F-FB14-47A4-A662-83087A361B22@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how I can find the alpha numeric codes in excel > and also are they english,greek or other ? Thank you. ...

Excel hangs when pasting HTML from Internet Explorer
When I copy data from Internet Explorer and paste it into Excel, Excel hangs or behaves very very slowly. This does not happen when I select 'paste special' and then either 'paste as text' or 'paste as unicode', but then the format of the data becomes garbled. Anyone know a possible cause? -- BigFurryMonster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BigFurryMonster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387752 Answered...

Do you know a good book on Excel Formulas?
I haven't used excel in awhile. I am trying to create formulas on percentage, subtraction and addition. Is there a good book that would have all kinds of formulas in it? Hi, Bluebell. This is Allentown. The Excel help files has a description of every formula that Excel contains. Also, just searching the web for the name of the function provides many, many examples. There are thousands of Excel sites out there. Also, most any book should work. There just aren't THAT many formulas that you'd need more than the help files...that's my opinion. -- ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArti...

variable "speed" of excel operations
I hope someone can explain this to me..... Why is it that Excel operations such as merge cell, or fill, etc.... takes so long on one file, and then speeds like a demon on another file? There's no rhyme/reason that I've been able to identify thus far. I.e., one file that has lots of worksheets will work through the operations really fast, and then another with only a couple of worksheets will move along like a snail, as though it has 50 things it has to do before it gets to what I've selected. Then, the next one will be a lot of worksheets, and it moves really slow, to ...

Excel Autofilter Capacity
We appear to have hit a barrier on the number of records autofilter will return. From a spreadsheet of over 5000 rows, only about 999 can be returned using autofilter. Is this a real capacity limit others have encountered or just us? Is there a solution within Excel? Mike Christie Yes, the autofilter pull-down can only display 1000 different values. There are ways round it, like filtering another column first (eg if your values are text, put =LEFT(A1,1) in a spare column and copy down - this will give you the first letter, so you can filter on this first - eg selecting "C" - a...