Excel sheet not visible

When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu
bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages)
in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired
the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is
something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up
just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas.
0
944 (1)

Maybe it's just off the screen.

Window|Arrange|Tiled
(and then resize it the way you want)

--

Dave Peterson
0

The only time I have seen this is when there are hidden rows at the bottom
of the worksheet.

Try Ctrl & Home or just Up arrow.

Being able to see the contents of a cell in the formula bar and the fact
that Print Preview works would tend to indicate this although I don't know
why other users would not share your problem.

Doug

New group user 944 > wrote in message
<54B54D3A-1DE3-47AB-8B17-99DF0D400780@microsoft.com>...
>When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu
>bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3
Pages)
>in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have
repaired
>the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is
>something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up
>just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas.

0
dug4xl (12)
6/9/2005 8:21:02 PM
I tried  Window|Arrange|Tiled  and it works for me.
Interesting thing is that it would open ok for some people and not others.
We use Office 2003 with XP OS.

Thanks for the tip!

"Doug" wrote:

> Hi
>
> The only time I have seen this is when there are hidden rows at the bottom
> of the worksheet.
>
> Try Ctrl & Home or just Up arrow.
>
> Being able to see the contents of a cell in the formula bar and the fact
> that Print Preview works would tend to indicate this although I don't know
> why other users would not share your problem.
>
> Doug
>

> New group user 944 > wrote in message
> <54B54D3A-1DE3-47AB-8B17-99DF0D400780@microsoft.com>...
> >When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu
> >bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3
> Pages)
> >in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have
> repaired
> >the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is
> >something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up
> >just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas.

0
shadow1 (5)
6/16/2005 9:07:08 PM
Do your users use laptops and desktops?

There could be a difference in the display settings that's causing the trouble.

Shadow wrote:

> I tried  Window|Arrange|Tiled  and it works for me.
> Interesting thing is that it would open ok for some people and not others.
> We use Office 2003 with XP OS.
>
> Thanks for the tip!
>
> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > The only time I have seen this is when there are hidden rows at the bottom
> > of the worksheet.
> >
> > Try Ctrl & Home or just Up arrow.
> >
> > Being able to see the contents of a cell in the formula bar and the fact
> > that Print Preview works would tend to indicate this although I don't know
> > why other users would not share your problem.
> >
> > Doug
> >

> > New group user 944 > wrote in message
> > <54B54D3A-1DE3-47AB-8B17-99DF0D400780@microsoft.com>...
> > >When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu
> > >bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3
> > Pages)
> > >in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have
> > repaired
> > >the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is
> > >something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up
> > >just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas.

--

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)

How do Excel define the application area?
When I run a macro as shown below, how does excel define the application area? Disable re-calculation option before processing coding After processing coding, enable re-calculation option calcmode = application.calculation application.calculation = xlCalculationManual 'open worksheet2.xls by using worksheet1's macro application.calculation = calcmode Case 1 If I open an excel worksheet1.xls, then I open worksheet2.xls within this open worksheet1, do I open 1 excel application? If I set calcmode, will it apply to both worksheets at this moment? Case 2 If I open...

Excel work done in Me
I did all my work on excel. I recently purchased a new computer that is using XP Home and, after downloading my work files, I cannot pull them up. What did I do wrong? Any help would be truly appreciated. Rick It sounds like you do not have Excel installed on your new computer. "Rick" <no1plantman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a93301c3ebdd$82fbb6a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I did all my work on excel. I recently purchased a new > computer that is using XP Home and, after downloading my > work files, I cannot pull them up. What did I do wrong? > Any help would be...

Numbers dont display or add up correctly in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I type in 1000 and it divides all numbers by 100, 23 becomes 0,23. Then if I Sum a list of numbers it doesn't ad up coretly (even the wrong numbers don't add up) Excel doesn't work for me - although the product was provided (bundled) by Apple - apple won't support it - and neither will Microsoft so I end up with no-person to talk to - amazing. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks On 6/5/09 6:35 AM, in article 59b75f96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Clive@officeformac.com" <Cli...

Time in Excel '97
Is there a way in Excel '97 to get it to insert the exact time? What I mean is that if I push Ctrl+Shift+:, the time inserts only hours, minutes and AM/PM, but no seconds. Actually, I just tried this in Excel XP and it does the same thing. Any ideas? Would really appreciate it. Matt You could put this code in your personal.xls workbook and assign it to a keyboard shortcut. Sub InsertTimeWithSecs() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "hh:mm:ss") End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Matt J."...

Alt Tab not Working in Excel
Hey, hopefully someone can give me a hand here. Alt+Tab just stopped working to switch between sheets in excel. I DO have Tools>>Options>>View>>Windows in Taskbar checked. I do see multiple sheets in the windows taskbar so this isn't the problem. Additionally, I'm aware of Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+F6 (and their reverse "shift" capabilities). I really need to be able to have the little window pop up (with Alt+Tab) to be able to select the correct file without going through them all like you have to with Ctrl+Tab. Additionally, switching between other windows works ...

In Excel, what is CharMap.exe?
In Excel, what is CharMap.exe, where do I find it and how do I get help using it? I need to include characters which are normally only found in MSWord. From that other thread: Insert Symbol was added in xl2002. So if you don't run xl2002+, you'll have to find a different way. You can hit flying windows R (or windows start button|Run) type charmap hit enter or even windows start button|Programs|accessories|System tools|charmap if you like to mouse. Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm (look for Sy...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

Make Excel upload files via FTP??
A few days ago I asked about creating files from a Excel worksheet that can be shared online. Someone suggested this VBA: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xladvhtml.htm I've been trying this and it works. Now I want to get Excel to run the VBA-code every time the file is closed, AND (and now comes the tricky part), to upload the created html-files to a FTP account. Every time the file is closed the macro "make_htm" should run, and get the files got created upload from the local folder, to a FTP account. Is this possible?? ...

inventory shows as net income under Equity on balance sheet
Im new to MS Money Small Business 2004. At setup, the input of inventory shows up as net income under Equity on my balance sheet. How can I un-do or re-do this? Thanks in advance ...

How to copy a field of A excel file to B Excel file automatically?
I need to copy some fields of A.xls to B.xls every night at 12:00. how can I do that? I'd try one of two methods. First, use the MS Windows "scheduler" to fire off you spreadsheet at midnight (make sure to leave the computer turned on) and have a VBA macro triggered when the workbook is opened to perform the data movement. A second, albeit more difficult method, would be to write VBA code to structure an internal timer that would watch for midnight. In this case, you'd have to open the workbook before going home for the day, and activate the macro that sets ...

Excel PC vs. Mac issue
We have a bunch of Mac excel files (Office 98 Mac) which when printed fill the page left to right (invoice type), when opened on a PC (Office 2K) the print seems narrow. re the form stops 3-4 inches from the edge of the page (right hand side)as opposed to the 1 inch border experienced on the Mac printed page. Printer is HP5si both printing through the same cue using the same drivers. Looking for ideas as to why... thx Well, sometimes Windows is like that...kinda narrow and comes up a little short. This sometimes happens when a font on one platform is not available on the other, and ...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

? do i create raffle result sheet
Hi you may give some more details. Also post your question as body of your message :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "daff" <daff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F9C6C5AA-D559-48DB-8231-8DBEA63C5A7E@microsoft.com... > Peo This one's for you<g> Gord On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:01:04 -0800, "daff" <daff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: lol -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d74es0pofu129bgf47m4ma4lc6poviufbr@4ax.com....

Find function in a macro
I want to set up a macro that searches a column for a value 'X' and then selects the cell right under the cell that contains 'X'. I have been stumped on this for a few days now and would really really appreciate any sort of help or guidance. Thanks a lot! SK --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sub Findit() Dim r as Range For Each r in Range("A1:A1000") 'Or whatever yours is If r.Value = "X" Then Range("A" & r.Row+1).Select 'Change A to your column Exit For End If Next End Sub K P.S. You could probably use an...

Is there a way to protect just one cell, not the whole sheet?
The books I read seem to indicate so, but say you first must turn on the 'Protect Sheet' option. When I do that, everything is protected. Any help much appreciated. Hi try the following: - first select all cells you don't want to protect - goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked' - now protect your sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fred Exley" <fexly221@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:10hsd5t42ghdt65@corp.supernews.com... > The books I read seem to indicate so, but say you first must turn on the > &...

Copying to new sheet
Hi, I have 12 WORKBOOKS (not worksheet) all the same and you can mak entires into them of stock. I also have a master workbook - exactly the same as the 12 others. Is there a way of copying whatever someone enters into any one of th 12 into the master one automaticaly? for example, i enter something into book 1 and book 6 and then i loo at the master one and it's been updates for me with those entrie aswell. many thanks, Simon. :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have linked the master workbook to the others with formulas thi should automatically oc...

Alternate Column Shading to be applied only to visible columns
Dear Experts: Below macro applies alternate shading to the used range considering ONLY visible rows (alternate row shading to visible rows). Could somebody please re-write the code to perform COLUMN banding (alternate column shading) instead of row banding (alternate row shading) . Only visible columns should be considered. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub ColorRows() Dim c As Range Dim CI(0 To 1) As Long Dim i As Long Dim Rng As Range CI(0) = xlColorIndexNone CI(1) = 15 'I actually changed this from her's for li...

Export to EXCEL
Can I export my account list to MS EXCEL so I can edit the transactions, specify the dates etc? Thank you. There's an add-on called Moneylink which can get the data out, or alternatively you can export from reports. However, if you want to put the data back in, that's another matter - you'd need to import that data using QIF and that's not so easy if you are attempting to purely change the existing data and not doing further analysis "Jae" <jva@world-net.co.nz> wrote in message news:6c1b01c341fa$653e7f90$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Can I export my account lis...

mail merger in excel
Hi everyone, Can anyone help me in creating mail merger type of application in Excel... its important. I want to select one record (may be by drop down form) and values associated with that record should automatically be transferred to the fields. Example. if i have engine then i will select the engine name and all parameters will get enter in the forms. Prompt reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance gautam duplicate post ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "gautam" <gautam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3887B867-A614-478F-BA...

Excel to XML: Need some help fine tuning a macro
Hey all, I've downloaded a Macro http://meadinkent.co.uk/ and have been editing it get the exported XML to appear as required, however I can't seem to get the 2 of my fields to display correctly. There are two fields which have numbers in but are formatted as text because I do not want them rounded up. One cell has -0.08162498 in it and in the exported XML doesn't even appear. Another cell has 51.51891794 in it and in the exported XML appears as 52. My question is how can I get the information to appear as I've typed it in rather then rounding it? I have cha...

error in excel help. how to select a cell after clicking the Select All button?
Hello "To see all the relationships on a worksheet, in an empty cell type = (equal sign), and then click the Select All button. Select the cell, and press Trace Precedents twice." is written in Excel 2002 help. It's not possible to "Select the cell" following the procedure. Or How to "select the cell" in the procedure? begin 666 0486.gif M1TE&.#EA%0`4`)$``/___V9XI0```)D`F2'Y! ``````+ `````5`!0```)* MC(^I`>T/GP&BUHBG<'MCIW%-]VF61Z'0A%DE,[:GQU+M@ \T,T-"KFO45)P> @8/AP96"R5TI)6MIBQ$@H]I'P3EEM-UO[KA9D10$`.P`` ` end Ma...

Excel 2003: Cell rounds 16 digit numbers- How to advoid rounding?
When I enter a 16 digit credit card number, excel rounds the last digit to 0; How do I format to reatin the exact number I entered (Have formatted cells to numbers, no decimal places now.) Hi, Format as text or precede your number with an apostrophe; it won't show up in the cell. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Max T." wrote: > When I enter a 16 digit credit card number, excel rounds the last digit to 0; > How do...

Common header/footer in Excel
An option should exist to create a uniform header/footer format across worksheets in Excel. I shouldn't have to create the same header/format format across multiple sheets. I should be able to create one header format and then just change the text/content across the sheets. This is a big hassle when trying to create print-ready, multiple worksheet files in Excel that have similar formatting. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Excel 2002 external links do not work
When I open excel files with external links (Blooomberg Prices for example)in Office XP 2002, all links show #divd or #ref. even when the option do not update links is choosen. This was not the case in Windows NT. Is thsi a bug in Windows XP and is there a way to fix this? Thanks for your help! ...