excel sheet all caps and needs to be only the first letter caps..

I have an excel shhet that is all caps and I would like to change only the
first letter to caps without retyping the whole sheet...is this possible?
0
kroberts (1)

There is no built in way to do this.  You can use the following
macro to do this.

Sub AAA()
Dim Rng As Range
For Each Rng In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells( _
        xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
    Rng.Value = UCase(Left(Rng.Text, 1)) & Mid(Rng.Text, 2)
Next Rng
End Sub

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"kroberts" <kroberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an excel shhet that is all caps and I would like to
>change only the
> first letter to caps without retyping the whole sheet...is this
> possible?

0
chip1 (1821)

Excel '97
Is it possible to purchas an original install copy of Excel '97 anymore? Hi try ebay -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:003401c4f287$24f9e480$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to purchas an original install copy of > Excel '97 anymore? I've tried Amazon and Ebay, and they both have UPGRADES available, but the original Office package wasn't part of the 97 OS was it? >-----Original Message----- >Hi >try ebay > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >F...

How to open MS Excell 2007 Sheet in MS Excell 2000???
Hello, All! Is anybody know any converter for this trouble or how to . . .??? With best regards, Alek Luchnikov. E-mail: alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru REMOVE ---FORSPAMERS--- Alek Luchnikov wrote: > Hello, All! > > Is anybody know any converter for this trouble or how to . . .??? > > With best regards, Alek Luchnikov. > E-mail: alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru REMOVE ---FORSPAMERS--- > > Search for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack. It should have prompted you to download it when you open the doc. Once it's installed you will be able to vi...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Excel to publisher import
How can I import an excel spreadsheet to publisher doc.? If you want to insert the actual spreadsheet, you can go to Insert > Object > Create from file and browse to the Excel file. If you want to merge the contents of the cells, you can use the Mail Merge feature in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F32E78-1710-40E9-8922-CE4EBD69F5C2@microsoft.com... > How can I imp...

Analysing data from several excel workbooks
Hi, I'm totally new to excel and i need to analyse the changes in a funding position across several years in a seperate excel sheet. As in, submissions are made year on year showing the amount of revenue spent on several different services. I need to be able to compare how those have moved over the last 5 years in a single spreadsheet. I appreciate any help. Thanks To give a clear answer we would need a bit more detail of the data layout Give us a simplified version of what the data looks like Your 'subject' talks about different workBOOKS but the text of the ...

HELP: Need To Print Better Quotes
I am having a terrible time being able to print a good looking quote from MS CRM. it either prints the plain quote (Address, amount..etc) or i can print the product list (With no address, or nothing).. is there anyway to print a normal quote as others do where you can have the company informaiton and also all of the products that they are buying listed there? one would think that is the most basic feature that is not there.. don't you guys think? ANY help you can provide will be appreciated.. Thanks Quoteless In DC :-) Add a customized quote via Reports using Crystal. >-----Origin...

Too Many Excel Apps running
I recently installed Excel 2010. My operating system is XP Pro. Ever since I installed Excel 2010 I find that every time I open an Excel file it opens a new Excel. It is not unusual for me to have 5 different Excels open even after I close a file. My bottom ribbon is full of Excels! I previously used Excel 2003 and did not have this problem. I know these are different Excels operating because I am unable to open a split window to show two different files. Note - I usually open my files via Explorer. Is there a setting that I can use to require that my single open Excel can open any new Exce...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

Excell 2007 messing up graphics
I have an invoice Excel sheet setup with my company logo on it. For some reason Excel 2007 messes it up during printing. It prints it about 10 times the size. I tried to re create the work sheet and it still will not print the graphic. It show it ok but will not print it. When I go to Print Preview the logo (JPG graphing) is not seen at all. Any Ideas what is going on? ...

novice needs info
I am trying to construct player cards for a baseball game...what i need to be able to do is to type constants like at bats, hits, etc. from one sheet and have them appear at different locations on the second sheet(the actual card)...some information such as average or era...needs to be affected by a formula before appearing on the second sheet....also need to know how to draw lines...vertical and horizontal in the second sheet...help..i am a dummy when it comes to this...thanks... -- mac53 Can you post a example of what sort of data in sheet 1 . Any thoughts on layout ?? -- VBA Noo...

Small Caps?
Why is there no small caps option in Excel... Hi try: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "wthrman699" <wthrman699@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76F76EAF-6D73-4071-8E8E-C8922D3D3189@microsoft.com... > Why is there no small caps option in Excel... Probably because Excel was/is designed primarily to deal with numbers. Word does a better job of word processing. Only the developers know for sure. Perhaps you could find a Small Caps font on the 'net and install that? If you want a macro to change t...

change font size of first character
I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user enters the text in upper case. The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is: With ActiveDocument For intLoop1 = 1 To 10 .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBef...

Need help with cursor spacing problem
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3173510125_666133 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello: I�m trying to fill in a form that�s MS Word based. I�m using MS Office X on a Mac G4 with system 10.3.4. When I type, the cursor seems to have an extra space between the last letter and the place where I want to put a new one. In other words, I�m unable to align the cursor exactly where I want it to go. It makes typing almost imposs...

how do i report a bug in excel
how do i report a bug in excel Hi Dave well if you'ld like to post here what you've found we can (probably) tell you if it is a known one already and maybe even suggest a solution or workaround. Cheers JulieD "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF36F937-24C7-4E2C-A4FF-D743A4E9AAC0@microsoft.com... > how do i report a bug in excel Or, as is often the case, not a bug at all but "just the way things work". -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JulieD&q...

Excel & PDF
With Excel 2000 there was a PDF conversion function. Now I have Excel 2003 and there is no PDF converter. Is this right? I don't have a PDF conversion at work (xl2k). You sure your conversion software didn't come separate and installed itself as an option in excel (maybe with your Scanner/OCR???). Bob Purcell wrote: > > With Excel 2000 there was a PDF conversion function. Now > I have Excel 2003 and there is no PDF converter. Is this > right? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?
I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" when choosing the colour in Format Data Series, but I still get blue for both. David, The concept described here should work: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/conditional_column_chart/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "david_hutton.NO_SPAM" wrote: > I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they > are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" wh...

open excel 2007 refresh query from batch file
Hello all, I have a simple script saved as "C:\refresh_excel.vbs" that opens an Excel file, and does a refresh for a query on Sheet 1. I created a scheduled task to run this every day. It worked fine for previous versions of Excel, but since I have upgraded to Excel 2007 it doesn't work. Any help it helping me figure this out would be appreciated. /*contents of refresh_excel.vbs*/ Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objExcel.Visible = True Set objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\reports\UPS.xls") objWorkbook.Sheets("...

how do you chang language in excel
I have a swedish version of office 2003 it is in swedish but i speak english, can anyone tell me how to change it to english, other than having to go out and buy the english version. "peter curran" <petercurran17@eircom.net> wrote >I have a swedish version of office 2003 it is in swedish but i speak > english, can anyone tell me how to change it to english, other than having > to go out and buy the english version. That's a good way. In fact, it's the only way. -- Bob http://www.kanyak.com ...

excel #18
I have works 6.0 instaled on a xp system but i want to upgrade to excel because i have save document as save type formated text(space delimited)(*prn)and works does not have this format. First, I don't use MSWorks. But if that's the only reason for your upgrade, you might want to try this to see if it works in MSWorks: In excel, you can concatenate a bunch of cells into one cell. You could use the =concatenate() function or the & operator: =a1&b1&c1 will join a1, b1, c1 in one cell. But if you're shooting for .prn file (fixed width), you could see if you have t...

Quit Excel problem
Hi, Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this macro? Its meant to save the spreadsheet (which it does), shut down the worksheet (which it does) and quit excel (which it doesn't!) I wondered whether it had something to do with the worksheet containing the macro shuting before excel executed the quit, but if I take out the ActiveWorksheet.Close, whilst excel closes I get a Dr.Watson application error. Sub Exit_Save() ' ' Exit_Save Macro ' This macro saves the current work and quits the application Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _ FileN...

Catalog & Excel formatting
I am using Excel as a data source for a catalog. One of the price fields in Excel is a 'currency' format and is the result of a formula. Publisher imports the field but only displays the figure as 45 instead of £45.00. Anyone know of a solution to this problem ? I can get around it by re-formatting the field as a 'number' format but as most catalogs will involve lists of products with prices I think the 'currency' format should work. Thanks. The best thing to do is do a SAVE AS in CSV (Comma Separated Values) and add a � to the figures and then copy and paste th...

Hierarchical Worksheet Tabs??? New Excel feature?
I do not know if newer versions of Excel than I have have this function, but in working with a budget in Excel, it sure would be a nice feature to be able to "stack" in a hierarchy the worksheet tabs at the bottom, instead of scrolling horizontally for hundreds of feet! In other words, I want to have a Worksheet "Travel Budget" and instead of having each month's in a horizontal tab, I could scroll up and down from a "Master" worksheet to sub-worksheets ties to the master...instead of just adding worksheet after worksheet in an ever growing hard to mana...