Excel Save / Saveas / Tools- Customize buttons not working

When I click on Save or Saveas button in Excel there is no
response from it. My OS is Win ME. How do I solve it. I
have re-installed Office but the problem still remains.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Brian!

With a re-installation of Office it looks like one of two things:

A macro in your Personal.xls file
Or
A case of the NIMDA virus.

Try out virus removal first as it is quicker than another re-install.

Here's the site for downloads of various virus removal tools:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

You'll see Nimbda in the right hand side list twice. You should
download both
of the files and run them both.

If the problem persists it may be better to completely uninstall
Office and
reinstall rather than use the repair facility. Before uninstalling
make sure
that you find and remove to another location your Personal.xls file,
and any
files in XLSTART directories. It could be that these are guilty of
causing
your problems and you shouldn't put them back without checking them
over.

Once you have a clean installation, post back and we'll go through the
process of checking out any files that you are suspicious of.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

It is  imperative that the patches provided by Microsoft in its April
Security Release be applied to Systems as soon as possible. It is
believed that the likelihood of a worm being released SOON that
exploits one of the vulnerabilities addressed by these patches is VERY
HIGH

"Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on Save or Saveas button in Excel there is no
> response from it. My OS is Win ME. How do I solve it. I
> have re-installed Office but the problem still remains.

0
njharker (1646)

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Excel 2007

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Grammar check not working

Charging customers
We use Credit Card Advantage with Great Plains. We just upgraded to GP 10.0 and now the sales team are unable to book the orders that they enter. I have looked at the settings and am unable to figure out which security setting I have wrong. Any thoughts? Thanks Angie Starting with the basics, did you get the V10 installation package of CCA? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Angie" wrote: > We use Credit Card Advan...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

can't customize toolbar

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Quote customize
Ok I have CRM 3.0 installed and want to modify the qoute to add a logo an make some changes, where do I do that? Thanks Carlos If you are talking about the word merge document, you can open the quote.dot file (it will be in your user templates dir on your machine) and edit it. You need ot show the Field codes as most of the content is embedded in merge fields. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Carlos" <palcar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OG5d%23ElRHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... Ok I have CRM 3.0 installed and want to modify the qoute to add a logo an make ...

Excel Problem

Custom Headings in Work Order and Sales Receipts
Where can I edit the headings of receipt formats so that when they are printed instead of "Work Order" in the right corner, I want it to say "Delivery Note" Instead of "Sales Receipt" I want it to say "Invoice" Also, how can I make a Work order print without each item taking up 3 lines... ie: I need it to print just like a quote or regular receipt, but be a work order? The receipts in RMS are saved as a .XML file. If you are somewhat familular with programming you will be able to navigate your way around the template and make some edits. typic...

Excel DNS query

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...