excel's active cell

how to highlight the active cell with a color each time it moves

angelaexceluser, have a look at Chip's addin here for one way to do it,

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"angelaexceluser" <angelaexceluser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:48BB20C8-3DF8-43AB-B913-9CDB2A288748@microsoft.com...
> how to highlight the active cell with a color each time it moves

Right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>SAVE workbook

'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett.
Dim MyRng As Range
Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow
Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo end1
Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
With MyRng
  .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _
        "=ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL(""address"")))"
  With .FormatConditions(1).Font
       .Bold = True
       .Italic = False
       .ColorIndex = 1
  End With
  .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End With
end1:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"angelaexceluser" <angelaexceluser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:48BB20C8-3DF8-43AB-B913-9CDB2A288748@microsoft.com...
> how to highlight the active cell with a color each time it moves

0
Don

When saving a worksheet in excel message "document not saved"
When saving a worksheet that I use every day and changing data everyday today I am getting a message saying "document not saved" and it will not save the new information either through the icon or File Save as. Any suggestions what is going wrong. Can you save it as a new name in the same folder? If no, can you save it as a new name in a different folder? Bailey wrote: > > When saving a worksheet that I use every day and changing data everyday today > I am getting a message saying "document not saved" and it will not save the > new information either th...

Duplicate entries in excel spreadsheet
I have lists of attendees to an annual event. I've taken the lists and combined them, and sorted them by first and last name alpha. I want to keep the names and corresponding collumns for those that attended my event more than once and dump the rest. Is there a way to sort them quickly as i have over 15,000 names. Cheers! I'd insert two new columns before the list, say A and B. In the first data row in B, say B2, I'd enter a formula that combines the first and last names to create a field the uniquely identifies each record: =C2&D2 and copy it down to all records. N...

Excel file size reduction
Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. For one possible problem (and solution) see http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. > > "Stacie Pierson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280...

What is the cell data reference for 5th row and 7th column called
Can someone help me with this question? I need to get the answer for my homework. Thanks for your help. I'm guessing, but might it be G5? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Shy-di@verizon.net" <Shy-di@verizon.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0979494-228B-435E-98F7-6BD26C900266@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me with this question? I nee...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Excel question ?
Hi, can anyone help me out with this .... I have excel 2003 table and sheet inside of it have some formulas. I would like to paste text data from notepad to that sheet without of erasing any of the containing formulas which are like I said already there. Thanx Hi Steve You could create a textbox from the ">View >Toolbars > Drawing menu, then paste your information in it. The textbox can be size and position any place on your sheet. HTH John "Steve" <steveaa@dzemail.com> wrote in message news:id0ci1$mh2$1@localhost.localdomain... > Hi, can anyone help me o...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Active cell highlight
Hi, I would like to know if there was a way to have an active cell always in yellow or any color. Example: If the active cell is moved around, the active cell will be always in yellow. Thank you in advance maybe.... you may want to try Chip Pearson's Rowliner: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm E wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there was a way to have an active cell always in > yellow or any color. > > Example: If the active cell is moved around, the active cell will be always > in yellow. > > Thank you in advance -- Dave Pet...

Cell Contains Data.
How can I tell a cell that IF a cell contains data (numbers, text, whatever) do x or y. How can I identify data?? I don't want to tell the function to look for a specific number or text, just data, just something in the cell... =IF(A1<>"","Data","No Data") "GEM" <GEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07916799-F312-4E89-A926-59356B74ED89@microsoft.com... > How can I tell a cell that IF a cell contains data (numbers, text, > whatever) > do x or y. How can I identify data?? I don't want to tell the function ...

Need to separate multiple numbers in one cell
I have multiple number in one cell and i need to somehow put each number into one separate cell for each number: I have : column A row1 2 5 8 10 I want: column B column C column D column E row1 2 5 8 10 How do I do it on Excel 2007? thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Map Stored Procedure Output To Class Properties http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2853a1aa-5db7-40d0-9cde-46847fa770ef/map-stored-procedure-outp.aspx Hi, Use Data > Text to columns and specify the delimiter as space ...

How to put graphics in Excel 2000 footers or bottom of page
I am attempting to place a company logo at the bottom of my excel pages, but you cannot do this through the footer method. Any ideas on how to do this? thanks Try going to Page Setup | Headers & Footers and select "Custom Footer". There should be a "insert Picture" button there. (It looks like a mountain with a sun rising). Click on that and you should be able to insert your picture there as a footer >-----Original Message----- >I am attempting to place a company logo at the bottom of >my excel pages, but you cannot do this through the footer &g...

copy value in cell above to cell below for a whole column
I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists the employee name once. There is a way to copy the value of the cell above to the cell below. I can get as far as highlighting the blank cells with the Go To function, then I can not remember the steps to tell excel to copy the data into the blank cells. Can anyone help? Ctrl+D will copydown the value of the top cell to the highlighted cells below. "tarthur" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists > the employee name once. There is a way to copy th...

How can I remove the previous lock cells and keep the new ones.
Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect. How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells (A21`:H40) only. Thanks. Maperalia In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:- 1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 t...

Does anybody know why these two Excel files must be open in the same process?
Hi all, I am doing the following sequence of operations all the time: 1. Open up an Excel 2003 sheet A; 2. Click a button and run a macro in that Excel sheet; 3. After it finishes running, open up another Excel 2003 sheet B in the same Excel session/process; 4. Press F9 to do calculation/update the sheet, and save the Sheet B. B has a lot links linked to A... ----------------- Sometimes, if I update file A, save it, and close it before opening B, (i.e. now the file B and A are not in the same Excel session/ process) , B's update will fail (i.e. B's links will not ge...

CRM 4.0
Hi! We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it... Any suggestions....? Best regards, Ivica I'm sure this is a bug - we had it on the fax entity with "to" - Team please take note I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence Pete "Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message news:5534F8F2-930B-45F1-A503-4D4DBA092E0F@microsoft.com....

Adding data from multiple cell and linking to a new worksheet
I have data in a sheet with names and amounts due. Like A 500 B 300 A 600 B 300 C 400 C 200 There is a second sheet named summary. I want the totals of each person to appear in the summary sheet. These should be linked cells and any change in data in sheet 1 should be updtaed automatically Create a PivotTable http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Rashmi" <Rashmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56DC0F3A-8D60-4FE2-B778-3A07790EFE8A@microsoft.com... >I have data in a sheet wi...

Move cells down to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7...

using data from another cell
I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of another cell locate in the same row where. Can some one help me? Create your second list and use VLOOKUP as follows: Name is typed in: A1 List of names and values in: C1:D10 =VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$10,2,FALSE) "leo" <reani1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OiO5fCTWDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different > column) if the same name is there, and if it is t...

Excel Frequently Used Worksheets
I am looking for a funtion in Excel similar to the MS- Word menu option "WORK". In Word, this feature keeps a separate list of frequestly used documents that could be used a default docs such as a monthly report, letter(s), project headings/sections, etc. This list is separate from the standard 1-9 last opened documents. In Excel I see this feature as a great way to keep a similar set of spreadsheets that one must access frequently, but in the recently used list (1-9), could get rolled off. I looked through all the commands in Excel and could not find it at all. As far a...

Converting excel files to doc files
Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Alvin, You can open an Excel file with Word, then save it. Word saves as doc files (if that's what you mean). Be sure to type the doc extension, or Word will overwrite your original xls file. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Alvin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2501c4316d$5e715b20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Dear Earl, Not good... My excel file...

How to exclude cells from a datasource?
Hi, I have an XY chart in excel97 that uses a range of cells for the data source. Every now and then I would like to exclude a XYnode from the chart. Without having to reselt the datasource. Is there a value one can enter in the cell that exludes it from the graph (compare: putting text in a cell excludes it from the SUM() function). For example point X Y a 1 1 b 2 2 c 3 3 Gives a graph with two lines connecting the three points While point X Y a 1 1 b ? ? c 3 3 Should give a graph with one line connecting point a and c. Point b is left out. Or is the...

Disable Activate Product
Hi, I need to be able to disable the Activate Product option on the Help menu. I have been able to do it with all of other office 2003 apps. I have tried using [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Publisher\DisabledcmdBarItemsList] TCID1 = 5933 but it just won't work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Scott ...

Excel combinations from groups
I have the following problem with excel. I have a varied amount of groups of names and each group contains a different amount of names. I need excel to list all the possible combinations from each group. The combination size also varies. EG Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Dave Fred Janet Harry Bob Selina Jim jane Jo The group sizes vary and the amount of group vary. I need excel to make various combinations eg In a "2" combination Dave can go with Fred or Janet. Fr...