Excel program

I have a simple program in excel for data entry. When I
protect the sheet, and use tab to move about within the
spreadsheet, sometimes the tab button will not move the
cursor to the next cell. It will pick a random cell to go
to next. Is there a way that I can designate what cell it
will go to next. Thanks for your help, jb
0
jgblanton (1)

On a protected sheet, it is going to the next unprotected cell. So, if you
don't want it to go to a cell, protect it.

"JB" <jgblanton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a simple program in excel for data entry. When I
> protect the sheet, and use tab to move about within the
> spreadsheet, sometimes the tab button will not move the
> cursor to the next cell. It will pick a random cell to go
> to next. Is there a way that I can designate what cell it
> will go to next. Thanks for your help, jb

0
Don
10/13/2003 10:16:09 PM
Gord Dibben has posted this workaround that might be something you can use:
http://google.com/groups?threadm=bnhohvo12tqci8rpa1lfs390fhas3iuoru%404ax.com

He suggests selecting the range (in a specific order), giving it a nice range
name and then selecting that range when you want to follow a specific tab order.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Excel as a database #3
is there any possibility that i used to print a invoice through excel for my product sale. is there any way excel can generate monthly sales book as a database. Please show me any path Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao, Consider Access for this project. To do this properly, you'll likely need a table for your products (your inventory or product line), one for your invoices, one for the items in your invoices, and if you're keeping customer information, one for your customers. Excel is terrific, but a lot of darn work to implement related tables, move records around, ...

access 2003 (sp3) The program stops responding
Hi When I change something i a form (design view) ,the program stops responding for while. Not used network connection are disconnected. Hodde <Hodde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I change something i a form (design view) ,the program stops responding >for while. Not used network connection are disconnected. Check your table links. You might have some tables pointing to a network share. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://ms...

Problem with komma versus period in Excel
Hej I am have problems with the use of period in Excel. I Denmark komma is the decimal seperator. If I convert (from within VB Editor) the content of a cell from "6340,00" to text and replace the komma with period I get "6340" (I wanted "6340.00). If I make the convertion in Excel and record the macro at the same time I get the desired result i my sheet. BUT when I put in my code in VBA and run it from here I still get the wrong result, "6340" and not "6340.00". I know Excel (VBA) transform "." to "," probably acording to...

Flag a date in Excel
I wish to flag a date so that 10 days later, the input date will tur red so that I can follow it up. I have seen it done but don't know ho to do it. Please hel ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try using conditional formatting: Select the cell(s) Click Format > conditional formatting Put the settings "Under Condition 1" as : Formula Is | =TODAY()-A5>=10 Click Format button > Font tab > Color > Red > OK Click OK -- hth ...

ost2pst program--does anyone have a key code?
Thanks! Don't think that you will find that here, but here is a question for you that might help down the road. Do you still have access to an exchange server where you can build a new profile (w/ new ost) file? The reason that I ask is there is a way to fool Outlook into opening an orphaned OST w/out resorting to using a 3rd party program like ost2pst. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "xx" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:eovNzU9wDHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Thanks! > > Tha...

Excell attachement do no shows up
I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to have an attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the attachment anywhere in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the attachment to open it. I do have Office 2003, but never have used Excell. Any advise on how to find the attachemnt? Thanks in advance. Octavio, This question would be better asked in an Outlook newsgroup, not an Excel newsgroup. That said, are you sure that the sender actually attached the file? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, ...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Excel shutting down when opening file
This is a follow up from a previous post. When opening a specific file with excel 2003, Excel will immediately shut down. When I re-open Excel it shows the file in the recovery box. When trying to recover the file it gives a message that file damage is too extensive to repair. I have no problem opening other Excel files. I also have Excel 2003 operating on three other computers and they do not have any problem opening the same file. I have started Excel in safe mode and tried to open the file but I get the same problem. I have started Windows XP in safe mode and then opened Exce...

Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?
Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574CCC66-72EA-44D0-8D36-2147B6C7C279@microsoft.com... > ...

Can I move Excel 2002 from my laptop to my desktop
My desktop has Excel 97 and I wish to have the same version on both computers. They are networked. You cannot 'move' Excel, or copy it. You have to install from the original CDs. If you don't have them you'd have to acquire them or you might be out of luck. -- Jim "X_Drive" <X_Drive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1AA36E6-D7E2-4060-A661-1601C6879D41@microsoft.com... | My desktop has Excel 97 and I wish to have the same version on both | computers. They are networked. ...

Output query to excel 08-12-07
Hi, Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular worksheet in an Excel workbook. Using an "Output To" macro, I've managed to output my query to Excel so that it replaces the whole .xls workbook. But what I need to do is output to Sheet 1 of the .xls workbook and leave Sheet 2 intact as it will have formulas referring to Sheet 1. Thanks Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:52:07 +1000, Bob wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular > worksheet in an Excel workbook. > Using an "Output...

CSV in Word==>Excel....?
I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by commas, that I would like to separate into different cells.....Is this possible? If so, how Thank you Matthew After you import the data, you could use Data>'Text to Columns' to separate the data. If it's not the last column in the imported data, move it temporarily, or insert sufficient blank columns to its right, to accommodate the split data. Matthew wrote: > I have one field from a Word document that imports perfectly. Then, I have another field, separated by comm...

Printing In Excel 12-01-09
I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages? The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? Never seen this before and I am sure file is ok Thanks for any help Steve On Dec 1, 11:05=A0am, k11ngy <k11...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line > > I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages?= =A0 > The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? =A0Never seen thi= s > before and I am s...

Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily
Dear Microsoft... With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily, with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the colours... Please make it as easy as the other office products. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

How to remove a program from Windows XP without using Add/Remove program
A couple of years ago I had trouble removing "Dynamics GP 10.0" using the Add/Remove program. I stumbled onto an article that showed me an alternative method of removing installed programs from Windows without using the Add/Remove program. I launched some native application on Windows that listed all the installed programs and was able to remove it that way (without messing with the registry). I cannot recall what that application or folder is. Anyone know what I am talking about? I am not talking about a 3rd party application. Thanks. Nergock wrote: > A couple of...

How do I view and edit the source code for a Chart in Excel 2003?
Is there a way to access the code (VBA?) for a Chart created in Excel 2003? I have generated a complicated Chart or graph which I want to then "Copy" and modify to make several more which access different spreadsheets. It is cumbersome to click in the Toggle box for the data ranges for X and Y. Instead, I was hoping there might be a way to use Search and Replace to change the text describing the data ranges. EBB Excel does not create VBA when creating a chart unless you have specifically recorded the steps of creating it (Tools>Macros>Record New Macro...). Even when y...

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

Excel help please
How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines? I am trying to install Excel to my computer. On the box it does not indicate that Microsoft Office 2003 is necessary and I don't have Office 2003. Is that why I cannot install Excel? -- George "Anthony" wrote: > How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines? You should be able to install Excel as a stand-alone. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "george" <george8798@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:6367F467-57A8-442D-AEFF-D586744EC...

Excel 2007 03-10-10
Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if items are all put into one column after a person is through inputting them? Or must everything be input in 'alphabetical' order? Thank you. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4932 (20100310) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Click Data, Sort David Dyke wrote: > Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if > items are al...

Excel 2003 charting circular or spherical coordinates
Long time user of Excel, long time issue: Is there a way to plot (chart) using circular or spherical coordinates? I have Excel 2003. Scott - Go to the charting section of Stephen Bullen's web site: http://oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look for FunChrt6.zip, which shows how to use polar coordinates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Scott @ Nordion wrote: > Long time user of Excel, long time issue: > Is there a way to plot (chart) using circular or spherical...

Export Excel data to Access
I have an Excel wookbook template that I use to create new project files to track and manipulate data on individual projects. I also have an Access database where I record some common data as the spreadsheet resulting in duplicate data entry. How can I export data easily (i.e. novice programming experience)on a regular basis from these separate Excel files to a common Access table to eliminate this duplicate data entry? Thanks, Jim H. Jim, initiate the process from Access. Open your Access database and File > Get External Data > Import. Set Files of type to Microsoft Excel, then ...

Send email from vba code in excel
Help! I need to write code to send a work book when it is saved or when it is closed. This is what I have but it will not send the email. I am using excel 2003. I am very new to VBA. Sub Email() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object email_ = Range("F5") & ";" & Range("F3") cc_ = "" subject_ = "Flagged Order" body_ = "New Flagged Order" Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0) With OutMail .To = email_ .Subject = subject_ .Body = body_ .CC = cc_ .Di...

How do I publish Excel as a webpage so macros work?
We are trying to publish some of the activities we have written on a school website so the students can use them but when we publish with interactivity on anything to do with the macros will not work (including the buttons the macros are assigned to disappearing). We are desperate to give students access to these resources so we need a way round the problem if anyone can help When you publish an Excel sheet as a web page with interactivity it is no longer an Excel sheet, or affiliated with Excel. This new web page uses the Office Spreadsheet Component to (SSC) provide Excel-like funct...

Excel 2000 does not filter well
Hello All: I am finding out that Excel 2000 is not doing a good job with filters when it comes to cells with large amounts of text. I just wanted to see if this is others' experience as well, not me doing something wrong. Comments appreciated. Deguza I'm assuming youre using AutoFilter. This will only display 1000 different entries in the drop down list, although it will filter the whole column of what can be seen. Advanced Filter is an option, Look here on Debra Dalgleish's site, she is the expert on this subject, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Regards, Alan...

Can excel automatically place a negetive sign in a number
One of our employees routinely enters a column of numbers that are all negetive. Is there some way to have Excel automatically enter the negetive sign? "MKLeisure" <MKLeisure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8C7E68E-E177-4EF2-BC3C-9F6B511BFDBA@microsoft.com > One of our employees routinely enters a column of numbers that are all > negetive. Is there some way to have Excel automatically enter the > negetive sign? Set up a custom format of (for example) -#,##0 . Then if you enter 2 in the first cell so formatted, Excel will show -2. HTH I am not ...