Excel Problem - Help!

I have a 23.8 meg excel 2000 spreadsheet set for manual calculation saved to
my local hard drive.  Every time I try to open it, it takes forver and
sometimes never opens but I do not get any error messages, let me just tell
you that I am running a P4, 1 GB memory, Office 2K with SP3, and nothing else
running when I try to open it. As I said it is set for manual calculation,
and it is cleared to not auto calculate when opening or closing. Any idea's
as to why this is happening?
--
Todd
0

I don't know why you're having this problem but I would like to point
something out for what it's worth.  Just because Excel was in manual calc
mode when you saved a workbook does not necessarily mean the workbook will
re-open in manual calc mode.  Calc mode is set by the first workbook opened
in an Excel session.  If that workbook was saved with auto calc mode then
Excel stays in auto calc mode when any subsequent workbook is opened,
regardless of the mode it was saved in.

This may not have any relevance to your situation of course but do check the
mode Excel is in prior to opening this workbook.

--
Jim
"tgleo" <tgleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 23.8 meg excel 2000 spreadsheet set for manual calculation saved
> my local hard drive.  Every time I try to open it, it takes forver and
> sometimes never opens but I do not get any error messages, let me just
> tell
> you that I am running a P4, 1 GB memory, Office 2K with SP3, and nothing
> else
> running when I try to open it. As I said it is set for manual calculation,
> and it is cleared to not auto calculate when opening or closing. Any
> idea's
> as to why this is happening?
> --
> Todd