Excel: printing with hiddent columns

My worksheet with hidden columns in the middle should fit easily on one
sheet, but print preview shows a page break after the hidden columns.
Apparently the width of the hidden columns was included.  How do I get the
print setup to ignore the hidden columns when determining page breaks?
0
MLE (2)

Excel Conditional Formula Problem
undefined::undefined::undefined I'm modeling the development of a 57 unit housing project, and need t determine the number of units under construction in any given month The inputs are as follows: C7: Total Units 57 C8: Unit Construction Start Month: 2 C9: Unit Construction Starts per Month: 2 C10: Unit Construction Cycle (months): 5 Row 48 contains the number of housing starts by month. There are 3 columns, which represent the total months in the project. I've writte a formula which indicates the number of housing starts per month. C4 through AL46...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Print GL Account Desc on PO Blank Form
Hi, I've successfully added the GL Account Number to the printed form via KB859289. The instructions for that linked a table and then in the calculated field, it did: Function_Script(RW_GetAccountNumber POP_POLine.Inventory Index) Now, I am trying to add the Account Description. There is a core function called RW_GetAccountNumDesc. I tried Function_Script(RW_GetAccountNumDesc POP_POLine.Inventory Index) but that did not work. I also tried Function_Script(RW_GetAccountNumDesc AccountNumber) where AccountNumber is the calculated field from the KB859289 article. Anyone have any sugges...

My pictures appear to be hidden on my Excel spreadsheet.
I created a spreadsheet with pictures in Excel 2003. My computer has been upgrade to Excel 2007. Now when I open my spreadsheet the pictures I had added do not appear. I know they are still there because they appear on Print Preview and the Picture Tools menu appears. They just seem to be invisible, which is hard because I can work with them. Try using the Find and Select button on the home tab of the ribbon. If you select Selection Pane (on the bottom of the menu) you can see all of the object and thier visibility status. If your pictures don't have the eyeball symb...

Excel window visible!
Can someone tell me why do I see the Excel Window(without the sheet)at the execution of my script that read the first line third column ofa specific sheet? This script run's under XP on my local machine. Hereis my code: Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.Visible = False Set Workbook = app.Workbooks.Open("D:\Robert\DOCUMENT\XLS \ClasseurDoc.xls") app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Visible = False app.Sheets("DAILY").Select intRow =...

How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel?
How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? What have you done so far? Is there a specific problem that you need help with? R1_4Life wrote: > How do I set up a financial planner using Microsoft excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do you work the Excel timeline template?
I've downloaded the timeline template from Excel off the MS web page. I do not know what they mean to change the dates. Probably they mean for you to enter your own dates in place of the example's dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "betsy" <betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E57933C-7F75-4E8A-B8C5-ACAF36CA2F4D@microsoft.com... > I've downloaded the timeline template from Excel off the MS web page. I do > not know what they me...

Page view vs. Print View
One of my co-workers has a workbook that has 1 page that is huge on the screen (2 screens wide) but prints normal - the problem I have is if I try to copy/paste the page in to a new workbook it formats out to about 8 pages. Any way to fix this? -- MsG Hi rather than copy / paste to a new book how about right mouse click on the sheet tab and choose move or copy - choose a new book from the drop down and ENSURE that you click create a copy then you'll have the same formatting as the original ... you might also need to check under file / page set up, if scaling or fit to page is tur...

excel review bar
The review bar in Excel has vanished! Its not in the drop-down options in the toolbar menu where it usually is! How can i get it back? View -> Toolbars then check reviewing -- Gary's Student "broke" wrote: > The review bar in Excel has vanished! Its not in the drop-down options in the > toolbar menu where it usually is! How can i get it back? Idiot, read the question... It aint there! Anyway ive sorted it now! "Gary's Student" wrote: > View -> Toolbars > then check reviewing > -- > Gary's Student > > > "broke&qu...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Can I change the "white cross" cursor in Excel to another cursor?
I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be changed to another cursor? Not an option that anyone has been able to alter as far as I can recall. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:23:01 -0700, "KFEagle" <KFEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be >changed to another cursor? ...

Exporting from Smartlist to Excel error
I need to export records from a Smartlist into Excel. There are approximately 3800 records and everytime I try I get the following error: "Unhandled object exception:Call was rejected by callee" Any ideas what this error means?? I have searched this list, the Microsoft site and even Googled the error and have had no luck figuring out what this message means or how to fix it. Others users also have gotten this error when exporting large amounts of data into Excel. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Dawn Hi, Dawn! I know some of my users occasionally get a err...

automatically close excel
is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been made for a certain time? thanks in advance Patrick Patrick, From a previous post............ If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code. John <snip> Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity. Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity. Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy. Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would restart and they could continue working else the...

Input calculation in specified rows and columns
Sub Inspectthis() Dim F As String Dim I As Integer Dim PrevRow As Long Dim R As Long Dim Rng As Range Dim RngEnd As Range Dim SumArray As Variant Dim Wks As Worksheet Set Wks = Worksheets("Sheet1") SumArray = Array("O", "R", "U", "X", "AA", "AD", "AG") Set Rng = Wks.Range("A2") Set RngEnd = Wks.Cells(Rows.Count, Rng.Column).End(xlUp) Set Rng = IIf(RngEnd.Row < Rng.Row, Rng, Wks.Range(Rng, RngEnd)) PrevRow = 2 For R = 2 To Rng.Rows.Count If Rng.Item(R) = "Renovation"...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...

Outlook 2003 calendar events into Excel 2003?
Hello, I would like an Excel sheet that grabs my calendar events (i.e. to have a list of my Outlook calendar events, such as people's Birthday's, in an Excel sheet and updates whenever you open up the Excel sheet. A lookup formula would be useful as I already have a list of the year's dates with my hours worked, sunrise and last's average temperatures for each day. Is this possible in some way? Kol Kolin, I have posted an example of how to navigate the Outlook Object Model to: http://www.Galimi.com/Examples/Outlook.xls http://HelpExcel.com "Kolin Tregaskes&...

Export Data from B-Trieve to EXCEL
I am upgrading Great Plains from 4.0 to version 9.0. The current data is in B-Trieve version. Is there any way that instead of Migrating data from B-Trieve to SQL, I export data from B-Trieve to Excel and then import it in SQL via integration manager. Any help in exporting the data from B-Trieve to Excel would be highly appreicated. Thanks It's possible to export from Btrieve to Excel. GP used to provide a DDF creator that would enable you to create the five DDF files that would give you access to your data via ODBC. But, are you planning on exporting each file to Excel and then...

Excel file locked by user/process problem
Hi all, I need help! We have a shared Excel file on the network. The las person who worked on it on Saturday says he closed the file properl and everything was fine. However, today, Excel keeps saying that he' in it. I've asked him to reboot his computer. I've searched fo temporary files in the folder where the file resides. Still couldn' find anything. I tried deleting it with DOS and it still doesn't le me because it says "The file is in use." I don't care who's using i now. I just want to terminate the process and delete the file. I was going t...

How do I convert rows into columns?
J C's Generator Starter & Alternator Co 1160 Providence Rd Scranton, PA 18508 570-347-0861 A J's Auto Clinic 1430 Main Ave Ste Rear Scranton, PA 18508 570-343-7828 AUTO REPAIR Aamco Transmissions 1230 Keyser Ave Scranton, PA 18504 570-969-1940 AUTO REPAIR "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F66082C-9DBE-42BE-B02C-B96805172660@microsoft.com... >J C's Generator Starter & Alternator Co > 1160 Providence Rd > Scranton, PA 18508 > 570-347-0861 > > > A J's Auto Clinic > 1430 Ma...

Print Preview trouble
Periodically when printing Excel spreadsheets (my present situation is with a spreadsheet that is part of a Word document but I believe the same thing has happened when using Excel on its own) some text that is visible in the print preview window does not appear in the printed document. This is not a Print Area issue. What can I do to prevent this? Thanks! ...

Print Preview scrolling
This might seem trivial...but its really annoying me! Some spreadsheets viewed in print preview allow me to use the mouse wheel to instantly scroll up and down and view the entire spreadsheet... but with some other spreadsheets I have to click the Next button before the wheel will scroll....why???? There doesnt seem to be any discrepancies in how the spreadsheets have been created/saved etc. any ideas appreciated. cheers, Nadia The only difference I've ever noticed is when I've zoomed on a single sheet. Then the scrolling just stays within that page. If I zoom out, I can use t...

All spreadsheets keep hiding first few columns
I have a load of excel spreadsheets. They used to open fine. Now, whenever I open any of the them they always hide the first fe columns and I have to unhide them. Any idea why? I am using a mac powerbook and office '98. Cheers Jame -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Two possiblities that I can think of: 1) You have an Auto_Open or Workbook_Open macro in your workbooks that hide the columns. Unlikely since you have many of them. 2) You saved the workbooks as a workspace in which the columns are hidden. If neither of these are the problem, feel free to send one of ...

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

In Case You Didn't Notice
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980150 -- Regards, RD ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have you installed the patch? And more importantly, does everything still work? <VBG> -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message news:%23zrTeFTwKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > http:/...