EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.

I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row
headings at the top of every page.  I see the sheet tab
and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be
printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells
are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible.  Is there something
else I need to do before I can access this function?  It
seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be
printed.

Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you
need to ungroup and set the print area.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"mtmail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row
> headings at the top of every page.  I see the sheet tab
> and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be
> printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells
> are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible.  Is there something
> else I need to do before I can access this function?  It
> seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be
> printed.
>
> Any ideas?

---

ken.wright (2489)
4/23/2004 1:58:01 PM
Hi mtmail

If you want to change it in the Print Preview it is not possible.
Use File Page Setup

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"mtmail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34d401c4293a$1c297ee0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row
> headings at the top of every page.  I see the sheet tab
> and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be
> printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells
> are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible.  Is there something
> else I need to do before I can access this function?  It
> seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be
> printed.
>
> Any ideas?

0
rondebruin (3790)
4/23/2004 2:04:08 PM
THANKS! That was it, I went to Page Setup
(which was invisible since I hadn't used it in a while
-DOH!!) ;-)

Got it working thanks

0
anonymous (74722)
4/23/2004 2:36:07 PM
> (which was invisible since I hadn't used it in a while

Right click on a toolbar and choose customize
On the Options Tab check "Always show full menus"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"mtmail" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:349401c42940$50169700$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> THANKS! That was it, I went to Page Setup
> (which was invisible since I hadn't used it in a while
> -DOH!!) ;-)
>
> Got it working thanks

0
rondebruin (3790)

Print Preview Multiple Paints
I am having problems with my standard Document/View application with Print Preview. If I choose only to have one page displayed, it works fine. If I choose 2 pages to be displayed side by side, my OnPrint() function gets called over and over as follows: OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 1) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 2) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 1) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 2) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 1) OnPrint (pInfo->m_nCurPage = = 2) Again and again, up to 11 times. My printing code isn't (yet) the fastest on the planet so this takes agessssss. I...

Excel 2007

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

Custom Headings in Work Order and Sales Receipts
Where can I edit the headings of receipt formats so that when they are printed instead of "Work Order" in the right corner, I want it to say "Delivery Note" Instead of "Sales Receipt" I want it to say "Invoice" Also, how can I make a Work order print without each item taking up 3 lines... ie: I need it to print just like a quote or regular receipt, but be a work order? The receipts in RMS are saved as a .XML file. If you are somewhat familular with programming you will be able to navigate your way around the template and make some edits. typic...

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...

Merge- top to bottom not left to right
I ahve a list of over 300 names that i am tryiing merge onto a ticket format that carries 8 tickets to a page. Problem is when I try and merge I get all the same name on the 8 tickets each page 300 times. I want to have each name only once --or 8 names per page. If I merge and change the format by taking and changing each of the 8 tickets ( name1, name2, name3 etc.) That turns into me ahveing to change up all my names by moving them from top to bottom and going left toright. If I could just merge them eight at a time in each column that would be great. Since you say your list contains over 3...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...

HELP in printing A3 size newsletter-magazine which has a centerfold.
hi! i want to print a newsletter magazine in A3 size. so that means, the newsletter must have a paper size of H:17" and L:11". When i set the paper size in mspublisher to A3 portrait, the centerfold expands to h:22".... which consists of two A3 size papers.... how can i correct this so that each page will print like two short bond papers combined in the middle? also, how can i set mspublisher to print without borders? in my printer setup, there is a borderless settings. problem is, if i select that, some of the layout will be cropped out in the borderline.... so it look...

Shared services admin page missing
PS2007 SP2 FebCU and WSS 3.0 SP2 FebCU Installed PS2007 and migrated data on a new dev server with win2k8. Everything is running good and i even got through the migration. However, i cannot build cubes. The error says that it cannot connect to the analysis service Db, then below that is says "provider cannot be found..." I used the technet guide in addition to MSProjectExperts Implementing and Administering MOPS2007 to retrace my steps and it appears that I've not missed any steps. I then noticed that my SharePoint Services Provider admin site is no longer a...