excel printing #8

how can I print
pictures in excel sheet properly as it is getting printed thrice whereas
it shows once in the print preview.

0
yong (11)

I've never seen xl do this--but I don't print too many pictures using xl.

But after verifying that the pictures are indeed correct (there aren't
triplicates), I'd look at the printer driver.

Do you have another printer you can try?

If it works on that other printer, I'd visit the printer's web site and look for
a new (or fresher) copy of the driver.

(But this is just something to try!)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@netscape.com

excel resets charts SizeWithWindow and Zoom
I have a series of procedures which generate a lot of statistics and charts and set the charts' property .SizeWithWindow = False and the window magnification .Zoom = 100 Everything works fine and the charts are output as specified in the vba code. But after I close the workbooks and reopen them, excel has reset all the chart Views to Sized With Window (checked) and Zoom to 127%. Is there a way to prevent excel from resetting the View and Zoom properties? Thanks for any help or suggestions. ...

How do I show a percentage in Excel? Or do a simple subtraction?
I'm making a spreadsheet showing every mortgage payment I make split into: Payment Taxes Insurance Interest Principal Balance Based on the fixed payment amount every month, the fixed Tax and Insurance amounts every month and the difference in Balance from payment to payment, calculating what percent of the payment and the dollar amount that went to interest and what percent of the payment and the dollar amount that went to pricipal is pretty remedial - but I can't find the function to insert under Interest and Principal to calcul...

Z-out will not print
I just install MSRMS and everything works fine until I do a z-out; it allows to do it but does not print. Any suggestions? Make sure that you have a receipt format selected for X and Z Reports. "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A7B1E94-BCB9-40A1-A9FC-93B68DB32178@microsoft.com... >I just install MSRMS and everything works fine until I do a z-out; it >allows > to do it but does not print. Any suggestions? And turn on printer before you run Z. because You can not reprint through POS. Otherwise you have to print though Store Mang...

print button greyed
print button greyed in OE on the menu bar. How do enable it? Mike Triber <mrt@thecomputerlink.com> wrote: > print button greyed in OE on the menu bar. How do enable > it? No need to ask more than once, but there is a need to ask in the correct newsgroup and this isn't it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Hyperlink in excel...
hi all, i m trying to add hyperlink into my excel...but it is stating..."This operation has been canceldue to the restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator"...I never have that problem before, all the sudden i cant get online with that hyperlink in excel!!! can anyone please help me to solve this problem!!!! Thank a million folks!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the messa...

filepath excel 2007
Hi, I would like to know if there is a better way to do this. I have 4 worksheets (WH1, WH2 etc) that linked the value of 1 workbook to another WH1 cell X34 i have a formula ='O:\path\path\path\[filename July 2009.xlsx]Rpt'!$K$84 WH2 cell X34 i have a formula ='O:\path\path\path\[filename July 2009.xlsx]Rpt'!$H$83 The thing that changes is month in the filename & the cell that it links to eg. K84. Currently i import a text file so i only have to change those 2 values. -- HT Just do it with Find-Replace. You could even put the target and replacement values in c...

Excel 2007 display wrong "document in use by ... "message
When person A creates an Excel file and saves it, Person B opens it and C tries to open it concurrently to person B, C receives the wrong message "<doc-name> is locked for editing by person A". This should be person B. People lose time finding the real editor on the document! ...

Printing multiple sheets from a macro
How do I print multiple sheets from a macro. I don't want to select them individually and print them individually, but rather choose multiple sheets and print them with one print call so they end up as one print job... Thanks Taylor Try Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3")).PrintOut 'all sheets in the array ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut 'print all selected sheets -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Taylor Francis" <etfjr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:401A70C4.2070401@yahoo.com... > How...

excel changing last number
I'm sure this will turn out to be something very simple, but I can not figure it out yet! I am trying to enter a 16 digit number in my spreadsheet. Everytime I enter it it changes the last digit to 0 no matter what I put in it. If I only enter 15 of the digits, it works fine. It is driving me crazy! Any ideas? Thanks Donna you can only use 15 digits precision for numeric values but you might just want to enter a credit card number for storage, either precede the entry with an apostrophe ' or pre-format as text will work If you indeed need to make calculations with 16 digit numbers ...

Question about comparing text columns in Excel?
I am trying to figure out how to create a Vlookup formula that would do the following: I want to find the names in Column D that are not in Column A. Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Name $$ amount Blank Name $$ amount Any suggestions? Check this out: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3036/nonamed.png Micky "hamdodger" wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to create a Vlookup formula that would do the > following: > > I want to find the names in Column D that are not in Column A...

Add new Data Series in Excel 2007
Back in the old days in Excel 2003 when I had a graph and I wanted to add a new data series all I had to do was click on Chart-->Add Data and it was easy to do. How do I add a new data series, and more importantly tell it whether I want the first column to be the x-values etc. Like in the old days when I added in data series to a previously established chart? Hi, Select the chart then use the ribbon, Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data > Add. Or right click chart, Select Data > Add. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info &...

Cell Format #8
Nope, didn't want to do that either (it's not actually my workbook). The best method may be to set the word wrap and then set the column height. ...

how to generate data from graph in excel
I've a graph (source data of which is not avalable), from which I want to extract data (X & Y values). Can anyone guide me how to do this? Hi, Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643 Mike "Vads" wrote: > I've a graph (source data of which is not avalable), from which I want to > extract data (X & Y values). Can anyone guide me how to do this? Excel 2007 Translated http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643 macro into Excel 2007 VBA code. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/11_21_09.xlsm ...

Excel and Access talking
Basically I am wondering how I can get excel macros to call access macros or vice versa. Specifically I am looking for a way to have a macro built that can liase between Excel and Access. Ultimately I would like to have a macro that populates a data sheet in Excel (by pulling data from multiple Excel files), opens Access and runs the Access macro that pulls the aforementioned Excel sheet. An alternative would be to have an Access macro that opens up multiple Excel docs, runs certain functions within those workbooks and then enacts the Access macro. ...

Probelms printing
I'm having a problem printing workbooks in excel xp, the text is not printing in the cell. The first two rows are fine but as the work sheet progresses each row prints slightly higher so that by the end of the worksheet the last row has moved an entire row. When I look at the worksheet in print preview everything is fine and if I send the file to someone else in the office to print it prints fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling just excel & then all of office. I'm printing to an HP 5si. Please help! Just a guess... Are you and the other person using th...

How do I get rid of this black box in my Excel charts?
I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me crazy! Help! On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:10:11 +0000, Margi wrote (in article <D1D4C9A9-1A0F-46E3-8816-FFDD5F6F9757@microsoft.com>): > I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, > then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me > crazy! Help! Why in Hades do we get Excel posts in here?! Outlook posts I can sort of understand, being that O comes directly before...

In Excel can I rotate a column from vertical to horizontal.
Data is exported into Excel as a vertical column, is it possible to rotate the column 90 deg to make it a horizontal row? Hi one option, select your data (as long as it's not more than 256 cells) and copy it click on a cell (e.g. A1) and choose edit / paste special - transpose You can then delete the original list Cheers JulieD "kend" <kend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9321E71-2B36-4C6D-A72A-8DB0F8128C56@microsoft.com... > Data is exported into Excel as a vertical column, is it possible to rotate > the column 90 deg to make it a horizontal ...

Save & Save As features in file menu of Excel
The save button and both "save" & "save as" options in file dropdown menu are not highlighted in Excel 2003. How do i restore the capability to save my work in Excel. Only way I can do it now is to close the program and wait for a prompt to save the file. I double checked to see if any features were inadvertently disabled on the "About Microsoft Excel" help tab, nothing was listed. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Blue wrote: > The save button and both "save" & "save as" options in file dro...

Excel: Remove characters from cells using wildcards
Can you anyone help me with this problem please? I have a column of data like the one below and I would like to remove the the front part, (x) from the cell, but I don't want to remove the parts in bracket that come later in the cell, for example (Queensland). I tried using Replace (**), and it did remove the first set of brackets and its contents but unfortunately it also removed the second set of brackets and its contents. If it helps in the first set of bracket, (x), x is always a number . While in the second set always contains a word. Before: (1) ABC Far North (Queensland) 0630 New...

Working with excel on the web
I am looking for a possible solution or bump in the right direction when working with excel on the web. Currently I am using and developing in visual studio 2005. Here is the situation I have a lot of spreadsheets with macros that I would like to deliver to people via a web application.... Some problems that I am running into are: 1) macros do not work when embedding the excel sheet in the browser. 2) Trying to figure out charting and graphing.. Sorry I am still a bit new to all this and am looking for some advice.... Thanks jeremy.bird@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for a possible so...

Excel sorting #2
I had a membership list on Access which was converted to Excel. When I try to 'sort' the members by membership numbers all the new members' numbers that have been inputted since the setup of the Excel spreadsheet appear at the top of the list and before the 'old' membership numbers. I need those members correctly sorted into proper numerical order - any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks Juan Kermode Everton FC Supporters Club, Isle of Man branch One of your lists of numbers has probably been put in as text. Excel will sort the numbers first and the...

Line charts with missing data points in Excel 2007
The data points will not connect in a line chart due to missing data in between. I see a thread where you can solve this problem by selecting the interpolation option in Tools menu > Options > Chart tab. But I can not find this Chart tab options under Excel option in Excel 2007. Could someone please tell me how to deal with this problem in Excel 2007? Thank you very much. turen turen - Right-click a point of the data series, choose Select Data from the shortcut menu, on the Select Data Source dialog box click Hidden and Empty Cells, click (Show empty cells as:) Connect da...

Excel sheet problems
I am having a problem in excel where it will not show negative figure in brackets...even when I go to format cell, and number the option i not there to choose brackets. The excel package I am using is a part of Office 2000 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like: Format/Cells/Number/Custom #,##0_);(#,##0);0_);@ or #,##0.00_);(#,##0.00);0.00_);@ etc. In article <neilangelo.1c17gb@excelforum-nospam.com>, neilangelo <<neilangelo.1c17gb@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I am having a problem in excel where it will not show negati...

Excel Charting and Active X Controls
Is there a way to use active x controls to make a scroll over pop up with excel charts? The same kind of concept that is implemented with comments when you mouse over the cell. Thanks, R Tanner Bonsour=AE tanner.robin@gmail.com avec ferveur ;o))) vous nous disiez = :=20 > Is there a way to use active x controls to make a scroll over pop up > with excel charts? The same kind of concept that is implemented with > comments when you mouse over the cell. ;o))) all is explained there : http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=3D221 --=20 --=20 @+ ;o))) Hi, You can pos...

Problems with Excel 97 after installing Windows XP
Hello together I have the following problem with Excel 97 after installing Windows XP: When I want to change the options (menu extras options) excel 97 closes itself automatic without showing me the options. Has someone already had this problem and could solve it? If yes, please let me know what is wrong. Thanks in advance. Hi Darilenz, > When I want to change the options (menu extras options) > excel 97 closes itself automatic without showing me the > options. > Sounds like a known problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 (url all on o...