Excel Printer Driver

Is there such a things a Excel printer driver I can install like a normal
printer driver for printing all/any documents to an excel spreadsheet
format.

Looking for better ways to improve my exporting options.

Cheers

0
Sam1269 (5)

Great fantasy, but no such thing. Be MUCH MORE SPECIFIC about your goals and
we can help you address them.

"Sam Benson" <Sam@abacusdx.com> wrote in message
> Is there such a things a Excel printer driver I can install like a normal
> printer driver for printing all/any documents to an excel spreadsheet
> format.
>
> Looking for better ways to improve my exporting options.
>
> Cheers

Thanks for that. I will stop looking for such a beast.

"Doug Kanter" <ancientangler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Great fantasy, but no such thing. Be MUCH MORE SPECIFIC about your goals
and
> we can help you address them.
>
> "Sam Benson" <Sam@abacusdx.com> wrote in message
> > Is there such a things a Excel printer driver I can install like a
normal
> > printer driver for printing all/any documents to an excel spreadsheet
> > format.
> >
> > Looking for better ways to improve my exporting options.
> >
> > Cheers

0
Sam1269 (5)

Excel 2007 Chart colorindex?
I have a macro that changes colors in a bar chart. The following code worked in Excel XP. Sheets("Chart").SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 This command crashes Excel 2007, and I've noticed that the ColorIndex property does not ever appear to be a property of the SeriesCollection object in Excel 2007. Does anyone know how to control chart colors in Excel 2007? Here is a macro I recorded in XL 2010 beta . It works in XL2007 with the ..ForeColor.Brightness statement commented out (or deleted) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP...

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

Macro Help Please excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range sheet 1: A21:S81, it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. I need it to export all the data onto sheet 1 of the external workbook, and each time the button is pressed it needs to find the first available row of the external workbook and copy over, this is so that all data is always saved on a massive long list. Thanks Neil. let us stick on to the original post. I have posted a response for your latest request. -- Jacob "Neil H...

Is Excel this Intelligent ?
I would like to know if it is possible to do the following with the Excel product and if so how ? I want to hilight, change the colour or look of a result in a cell. The parameters are that the value calculated is above a certain value. Steven. Hi use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Steven Ridley" <resurgam@iprimus.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:618301c482a9$d2851f00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to kno...

Excel Graphing Question
Hi, I was wondering if Excel had a way to accentuate intersecting points in a graph. I have a graph with several plots (horizontal) and some more corresponding plots (vertical). Each of these plots intersect and I was wondering if there was a way to dim out (make transparent) the non-intersecting points to accentuate the intersecting ones. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help, Andrew Andrew - This may get you started: Click once on a point to select the entire data series. Wait a second or two. Click on an individual point to select just that point. Format ... For more de...

Templates in excel start folder not working
I'm developing an excel app which stores it's code in a template. I would like to place this template somewhere that is visible to all users, which the excel documentation suggests is the "xlstart" folder. When I place my template in this folder it does appear in the list when I try to create a new document, but I can not actually create a document from it (clicking on the template name has no effect). Any ideas on what's going on? The same template works fine if I put it under my documents and settings template directory. I'm using Excel 2003 Pro SP1. - Rick Do ...

Unable to Sum cells in Excel
Hello, I am having issues trying to use the SUM function to autosum a couple of cells that have If functions within them. I am trying to do the following: In Q12 I am trying to get the Sum of N12, O12 and P12. I have only tried =SUM(N12:P12) as the function formatting the cell as text, general, numeric etc but the total always ends up being 0.00, I never get an addition of the values in the other cells. Each of the N, O and P cells has the following function within it, =IF(F12="","",IF(F12>=90%,"5",IF(F12>=85%,"4",IF (F12>=78%,"...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

Excel formula problem SUMPRODUCT
Hi Guys, I have a problem with a formula adding up rows against 2 parameters. I am trying to add up rows on a report that 1) show that the actio against it is "open" and its target completion date is overdue. I have tried the following formula but it will not work. =SUMPRODUCT(--(H5:H47="OPEN")*(G5:G47="<TODAY())) This formula works if I substitute the date part with another tex parameter but will have nothing to do with dates even if I put in specific date that I know matches one from the column, I still get 0 Any ideas. Thanks in advance And -- Message ...

Install error on GPD-only XPS printer driver
I'm trying to create a very basic GPD-only XPS printer driver, but when I try to install it through the Add Printer wizard I get an error 0x00000002. I'm primarily a business application developer, so my knowledge of printer drivers is rather limited, and any help on this will be greatly appreciated. My INF file is: [Version] Signature="$Windows NT$" Provider=%AS% ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Class=Printer DriverVer=10/17/2008,6.1.6930.0 [Manufacturer] %Microsoft%=Microsoft,NTx86,NTamd64,NTx86.6.0,NTamd64.6.0 [Microsoft.NTx86] &qu...

sending document content to excel to open it
Hi! I'd like to write an application that stores excel-sheets in a database. Now I need to open that document, but i don't want to buffer it on the harddisc, because that's confidental data. Thanks for support Joe ...

Excel Combo Box #2
I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten different selections. The combo box is linked to a cell. I want the selection in the combo box displayed in the linked cell. What I get know is the line number. How do I correct this? Instead of using the combo on the forms toolbar, try using the combo on the control toolbar (View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox) and then set the look up range and linked cell from the combo's properties. HTH Paul >-----Original Message----- >I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten >different selections. The combo box is linked ...

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

step in-between printer (LPT)
I need to develop some software that will step in between a computer and it's printer. The software should read from one LPT port (connected to printing computer) and then redirect that traffic out a second LPT port (connected to printer). It will do stuff to the data as it goes by. Can you give me any direction on what is needed to develop this? How do I read/write to/from the LPT port in Windows? Are there any libraries available that can manage the communications? Do I need to develop a driver to do this? Thanks! werdna.sivad@gmail.com wrote: <snip> > develop this? Ho...

I cant use englisch function names in a swedich version of excel
Hi, Why can't I use Englisch named function names, like =ROUND(...) in a sheet when I have a Swedich version of excel. Excel will tell me the error "#Name?" when I open an Englisch version worksheet or if I try to enter an englisch function name. But if I write a macro with the englisch function name inside the code and I call that macro in the sheet the function will be translated to the swedich function name. Thanks Pelle Hi this is just the way Excel works. For a function translation see: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

excel data base modification
hi there. i need some help please guys. i have exported some names & telephone numbers from a software packag (sms centre) & im trying 2import them in2 a package called e-txt. thes packages reads csv files. ive encountered a problem my exported files r saved in excel lik this... name - country code - area code - phon number joe bloggs - 44 - 07977 - 797898 but the e-txt database fields r as follows 1st name - surname - phone number joe - bloggs - 447977797898 ...

Formula to pull last name error (Excel 07)
In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. I tried using the function =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(“*”,SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,”*”,LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,””))))) but am getting the #NAME? error. FYI: I can't use the Text to Columns function because I have some names that have at least 2 middle names... Thanks -B Maybe something like that... [Start typing the formula(s) in column C first] http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/346/nonamer.png Micky "Outlook, eh?" wrote: > In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. > > I t...

Excel VB triggering Stored Procedures/Queries
I want to use Excel to operate SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedures. Doe anyone know of anyway I can use Excel VB to trigger a sequence o these? I will also need to be able to pass a 'keyfield' (i ParticiapantID)parameter from Excel to the Stored Procedures, is thi possible to achieve? Alternatively, if I cannot get to trigger Stored Procedures, I may b forced to export the data to Access first then trigger a sequence of M Access Queries. Again, can a query be triggered from Excel? I guess could somehow open the .mdb and have an autoexec in Access trigger th queries. Ideally Access wo...

Excel to Word mail merge problem
I am having a problem with a mail merge document taking data from and Excel worksheet. The data includes currency values. Trailing zeros are not appearing meaning that 147.50 appears as 147.5. How can I make it read 147.50 in the Word document? TIA Ian In the Mail Merge, after you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. (If you don't see the dialog box, change the setting in Word -- under Tools>Options, General -- add a check mark to 'Confirm Conversion at Open') From that list, choose 'MS Ex...

microsoft Excel 2003 always hang
I'm using WinXP Prof (OEM) and Office 2003 (OEM) anyone face the same problem??? It crashed within few minutes of work. Please advise. Thanks. Hi Andy! No need to post to different groups. Reply given in misc Group. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au ...

Opening excel #7
Hi all, Excel has stopped opening. when you open it from the desktop or from programs it prompts you to reinstall office - but if you open it from run it opens fine, still prompts you to reinstall office, but after cancelling through that a couple of times it runs ok. at the same time i lost my internet connection, it lost it's default p/word and some settings changed on the security settings under my connection for no reason. that however has been sorted - i am running on xp - also, excel is the only one i'm having a problem with - word etc are all functioning fine...! any ideas :c...

Linked Excel Field formatting Problem
I am using Access2003 and am trying to link an excel spreadsheet for use in a drop down selector. I have one column (acct#) which contains a lot of numbers, but needs to be a text field (some entries say "TBD" or have hyphenated numbers). Access insists on keeping the column as a numeric field and displays the non-numeric fields as "#Num!". I have tried: formatting the cells as text before linking; putting dummy text data in the first line (abc and 'abc ) before linking; and tried using conversions in a query (CStr, Str, Str$ & Format). I'm out of idea...

Excel 2007 Read-ony issue
recently after I opened an excel file that I have been using for sometime now. I made some modification to the content of a spreadsheet. When I attempted to save it i get a read-only restriction. i attemtp to save as under a different name and it does it again. now I cant save my changes and I dont want to loose my work. I have tried clicking on the properties box and have removed the check in the read-only box. then close but it continues. last time I ended up cutting and pasting the excel into a word document just so I could save it. any ideas?? i have tried to save it in the 2...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Is there a way to print out all the faceid's with their associated ID #? There are some really great icons out there, but they are buried in a forest of icons. Thanks, Craig See: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip40.htm Tyro "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:4rHPj.90$1b7.36@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net... > Is there a way to print out all the faceid's with their associated ID #? > > There are some really great icons out there, but they are buried in a > forest > of icons. > > Thanks, > Craig > > See...