Excel pivottable with OLAP cubes saves names, not keys

hi,

Is there a way to let the Excel XP pivottables/OLAP cubes
reports save the member keys, not meber names? The members
disapperas in the reports when the names are updated i the
dim-table, and this is a problem.

All my Analysis Services dimension levels got keys unique
and names not unique. I can't set the dim-property keys
unique, because they are not.

This is the report info (from Frontpage/OWC, cant find it
in Excel):
   <x:IncludedMember>
    <x:Name>0000 ABCDEFGH</x:Name>
    <x:UniqueName>[MyDim].[All MyDim].[0000
ABCDEFGH]</x:UniqueName>

(The ununique name column is "0000 ABCDEFGH", the unique
key column is "0000")

In Proclarity I think the keys are saved in this case.

/Jerome

0
jrmkjrm (1)

Excel Charts
Hi all , Can somebody give me information about any vendor providing a tool to that integrates Great plains data with Excel Charts and Graphs. Thanks in advance I would recommend Analysis Cubes for Excel (? not sure if that's still the name). It's the "BI" solution that MS bought from Professional Advantage. It is not too expensive, and will save you a lot of hours if you are currently doing a lot of 'reporting' thru smartlists. It is very use-able out of the box, and can also be customized with the help of the developers. Hope this helps, Maria. "vija...

Excel 2007 #4
When I instert a chart with columns in a spreadsheet, save the file, then go back to it the charts vanish. does anyone else have a fix or solution to the charts disappear? ...

Displaying report filters on Excel Pivot Tables
I am using pivot charts to display different departments' data, over the course of the year. When looking at the graph, I often filter it to see just one department. When viewing and printing, I would like to be able to see which department the chart is filtered on. Is there a way to do this? ...

Forced Save
I have a spreadsheet that is used for a log of part numbers to be generated. I am trying to find a way of preventing the save option from being available unless the cells in the worksheet have been changed colour from black to red. Anyone have any ideas Cheers Hi Shaun Farris, If you want to avoid saves when the cell color is different of black, try this: - Open your workbook - Press Alt+F11 to open VBE Window - Double click Thisworkbook object - Insert the code below: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If Range("A1").Interior.Colo...

Formula to show user name?
Hey guys I'm working with a Excel-form to be used by several users. It would be convenient to show/place the current user's name in a cell. Is there any formula that transports this user name from MS properties funktion into my Excel-cell? Regards Snoopy Create a UDF Function ThisUser() ThisUser = Environ("Username") End Function =ThisUser() -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Snoopy" <blaksnm@jjuc.no> wrote in message news:84cb9dd4-5041-4f4f-b204-f6232a583fa8@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... ...

green bullets in cells
What are the green bullet looking items for in the upper right corner of each of my cells. This appeared when I opened a workbook in Excel 2002 that was previously created in Excel 2000. Its not a cell comment. I wanted to know if this green bullet whatever it is can be turned off? Thanks, Bruce Bruce, I believe if signals potential errors in the cells. It can be removed. Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Error Checking tab. There, uncheck the "Enable background error checking" to disable all error checking. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out acros...

je voudrais savoir sur excel
je voudrais savoir comment faire pour le remplissage merci en avance ...

Excel 2007: get formula from charttitle
I have been using this code to get a formula from a charttitle: oChart.Activate sTitle = ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.FORMULA(""Title"")") It no longer works in excel 2007. Can someone tell me how to get a formula from a charttitle using VBA? Thanks b This sounds so familiar. I believe I've reported this as a bug. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ <be_675@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:95e87c55-280b-42b1-8415-6c2cd0d0a8a2@v17g2000hsa.goog...

Saving and exiting
During a recent training session, a Microsoft professional indicated that Project and Project server had, at one time, a problem with data integrity if the red x in the upper right hand corner of the screen was used to exit the application. He recommended that we use the file menu options of save-close-exit in sequence to be sure that the open data were handled and stored correctly during closing. Does this problem still exist? Is there any concern with using the red x? I can find no documentation of such a current problem in any other training or support literature, and it...

Assigning Macros to Function Keys?
Excel 2002, Windows XP I would like to simplify Edit/Paste by assigning that to the F1 key. As far as I can tell, using Toolbars\Customize doesn't help. Also, although I can assign a macro to a CTRL key, I haven't seen any options for assigning the macro to one of the function keys. Have I missed something? Or can anyone advise on how to use VBA to do this? (I have basic (very) knowledge of VB.) This is a obviously not a high priority question... but I am peeved because I know it should be do-able and don't have the time (ability?) to figure out how to use VBA for ...

Saving files with macros
I use to be able to set the protection properties to enable macros and everything with macros would work without halting. Now in 2007 I must save in ..xlsm format for this to happen. I am the only person on my computer and it's real pain to remember to file as a special format when I have created macros. Is there way to just allow macros period? -- Skip Using Office 2003 Pro 2007 Student version There is a setting in Office | Excel Options that saves all files as macro-enabled best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from emai...

Comman Name space problem
Hi, I have a parent domain controller let say 'a' and 2 child domains 'b&c' on the network... I have exchange installed on the on the parent domain and the naming convention it shows is Name@a.com and for childs it shows has name@b.a.com & name@c.a.com... But going forward i want all the people on my tree(thats is users in all domains a,b,c) to have a single naming convection for the mails has lastname.firstname@a.com... any info. on this ASAP is much appreciated Thanks all Naveen Email addresses are generated by Recipient Policy. As long as you have a single ...

Excel #75
Is there a way to make separate Excel files for each worksheet short of using copy or save as? Patty, If you right click the sheet tab of the worksheet, you can click "mov or copy". Select that and then under the "to book" drop down list select new book. This will create a new workbook for you with onl that sheet inside. Hope this helps, Jerr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

check substring of a string in Excel VBA
Hi, How do I check the subtring of a string ? I don't think I can use Strcomp. Let say I have string "Hello world" The Substring that I want to find is "orl" What function can I use? Regards, Magix Checkout the InStr() function in Help. -- Gary's Student "magix" wrote: > Hi, > > How do I check the subtring of a string ? I don't think I can use Strcomp. > > Let say I have string "Hello world" > > The Substring that I want to find is "orl" > > What function can I use? > > Regards, >...

REPLY TO: how can i creat options in a cell of excel worksheet
You really need to give more information on what you're looking for. What do you mean by "Options"? Also, if you don't leave a message in the message portion when you're posting, many of us can't reply to the request. HTH, Barb Reinhardt ...

formatting numbers in excel 2003
In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals, place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the tools, options. When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in cell. I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as describted above I get 3.29 in either case. Please tell me what to do. 20 years of entering this way will not change overnight if I cannot find the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. tammie This appears to be an inadvertant change in XL2003. See this thread from a google sear...

How do YOU organize the Excel projects? #2
I am not a pro in the programming, but I wrote several macros/programs doing various stuff over the years. Some of the rutines I use for future reference. All of them are in the Module1, Module2.....Module35. If I want to find some of the projects I have to go through 30 modules to find the right one. How do pros take care of it? Thanks. You may assign names to your modules. In the VB Editor, select the module and choose View>Properties>select the name that says Module1 and change it as desired. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "art" <a...

Macro query + excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range A21:S81 on this sheet it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. Thanks Hi Neil Try the below macro.. --Edit the extternal workbook name and path --Edit the destination sheet name... --Edit the copy desitnation. Currently that is mentioned as cell A1 Sub Macro() Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set wb1 = ActiveWorkbook Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("c:\1.xls"...

unable to customize quick access toolbar in excel 07
want to add the location box (formerly the web toolbar), however when i go into customize per the instructions online the add and remove buttons are grayed out, same w/ the 'customize toolbar' dropdown option off the QAT. it's a work computer, could there be something to do w/ permissions? Hi, I suppose that IT could have blocked your from customizing the QAT. For that I can be no help. But when you come into the Customize tab are any options available? If so try opening the drop-down Customze Quick Access Toolbar and change to the current workbook, from For all document...

Excel slow to load blank workbook on startup
Hi Excel 2003 Excel opens quickly to display the program frame but with the grey background instead of the cells of the initial worksheet. About 5-10 seconds later it loads the worksheet. It might be loading it from our companies slow server. What is the standard workbook that it's trying to load? What is it called? Is there path to it in Options? If there is I can't see it :-( Hope you can help me. Cheers Dave F. Excel isn't like MSWord. There are no standard workbooks that have to be opened when excel opens. Each user does have the option of adding any workbooks he or ...

Excel how to tell if workbook is already open BEFORE you try to open it.
I've been looking all over the net trying to find C# code to determine if a workbook is open before you try to open it so you can alert the user to close it before you update it. There must be a way. Please help. hd "hdjim" <hdjim69@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:121fe4a0-138e-497f-b6b7-32b4b3f9ef7a@o14g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > I've been looking all over the net trying to find C# code to determine > if a workbook is open before you try to open it so you can alert the > user to close it before you update it. > > There must be a w...

Excel can't open some spreadsheets sometimes (so very very odd)
I have a user who upon powering up their lap top here at work when it is in the docking station can't open some Excel spreadsheets. He's using Excel 2007, he's running XP on a new Dell laptop with 2GB of RAM. Everything is up to date. Some XLSX files that should be prompting him for a password are spitting out an error that wasn't passed along to me but says something along the lines of "this doesn't appear to be a document Excel recognizes" Some XLS files that aren't protected Excel says that the file despite its extension is not an Excel spreadsheet and...

Erasing Recent Documents History on Excel
There are files i worked on which i already deleted and trashed yet the history of the document titles still show up on the Recent Documents, on Excel. How do i erase the History of Recent Documents worked on Excel? I'm trying to keep my work private since i share a computer. Hi Lady M In XL2003 Go to >Tools>Options>General Tab> You should see Recently used file list : plus a window for you to select the number of entries, change that to 0 or to your choice. HTH John "LadyM" <LadyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46B02761-20...

microsoft excell file converter for quatro pro 7
I am wondering how to convert quatro pro 6 and 7 files to excell format. I have Office xp professional specifically version excell 2002. If any one can give me assistance on this I would be appreciated I've never had to do it but excel does support quatro pro. i'm not sure about your versions. click file>open. at the bottom ,click the down arrow of the type of file box. scroll to and select quatro pro/dos this will light up all quatro pro file. open and save as excel. I would try one first then look it over to make sure that all went well. >-----Original Message----- &...

Multi sheet Excel file overwrites to single page PDF file