excel path incorrect problem

Strange problem with excel 2002 sp3 on windows 2000 sp4.

If we open an excel document via exel - eg file - open the document opens.
However if we go to the network folder directly and try to open the same
file we get an error - cannot find file - path/libary incorrect ?

I did a seach for .xlb file which I know can be a problem and cannot find
this at all but symptoms of this are usually excel hanging and not opening
at all ?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Carolyn

0
Carolyn

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

excel resets charts SizeWithWindow and Zoom
I have a series of procedures which generate a lot of statistics and charts and set the charts' property .SizeWithWindow = False and the window magnification .Zoom = 100 Everything works fine and the charts are output as specified in the vba code. But after I close the workbooks and reopen them, excel has reset all the chart Views to Sized With Window (checked) and Zoom to 127%. Is there a way to prevent excel from resetting the View and Zoom properties? Thanks for any help or suggestions. ...

How do I show a percentage in Excel? Or do a simple subtraction?
I'm making a spreadsheet showing every mortgage payment I make split into: Payment Taxes Insurance Interest Principal Balance Based on the fixed payment amount every month, the fixed Tax and Insurance amounts every month and the difference in Balance from payment to payment, calculating what percent of the payment and the dollar amount that went to interest and what percent of the payment and the dollar amount that went to pricipal is pretty remedial - but I can't find the function to insert under Interest and Principal to calcul...

VLOOKUP/OFFSET Problem
Hi all Have a huge worksheet and loads of dates and data. It is regardin stockmarkets and trading for my thesis. I am looking up dates an returning a value using a VLOOKUP formul =VLOOKUP(S2;LAIS2!$A$3:$G$438;7;FALSE) and it is working like i should. I am trying to find out trading dates before and after the value th VLOOKUP returns. I thought of using a OFFSET formula but that does no seem to work with the VLOOKUP. Does anyone understand what I am trying to do and able to help me? Regards, Vilhel -- XavierXX ----------------------------------------------------------------------- XavierXXX...

re: Windows mail problem
Rec'd the following msg when I tried to log into my acct Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 Any suggestions? seems we're all having the same problem. keeps asking me to sign in (never did before) and then I get the same error message. HELP!! "marcie" wrote: > Rec'd the following msg when I tried to log into my acct > > Account: 'mail.optonline.net...

PLEASE HELP! WMM to DVD problem
Hi All, First let me apologize for not having the time to make a formal introduction post but I have been pulling my hair out here trying to take what is a nice and clear 30 minute video in WMM and transfer it to DVD with custom menu and such. I am using Winodws Vista on a Sony Vaio laptop. Now the film as I see it in WMM is nice and clear and the sound is nice and stereo-sounding. It is an .avi in the timeline and is only one large file that is already edited. As I said, it looks clear and sounds clear in the preview pane. Now I have ripped through an entire 50 pack of blank ...

ID / IDREFS problem MSXML vs. System.XML
Hi all. Does id() xpath function work in System.XML? I have built dtd, schema, xdr for a simple xml which includes attributes definded as ID and IDREFS. Validation is occurring properly for all the types of metadata, but the id() function applied to the IDREFS attribute allways returns nothing. I have tried it from xslt and using the XmlNode.selectnodes or XPathNavigator.Select nada zilch The same code works using MSXML 3.0 and 4.0 class COM objects. I am getting to the point of wanting to import them into .Net ( I know it is not supposed to work that way but the code works.) I have also...

MSExch2003 Cluster, change drive letters data path
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by ed...

Hyperlink in excel...
hi all, i m trying to add hyperlink into my excel...but it is stating..."This operation has been canceldue to the restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator"...I never have that problem before, all the sudden i cant get online with that hyperlink in excel!!! can anyone please help me to solve this problem!!!! Thank a million folks!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the messa...

filepath excel 2007
Hi, I would like to know if there is a better way to do this. I have 4 worksheets (WH1, WH2 etc) that linked the value of 1 workbook to another WH1 cell X34 i have a formula ='O:\path\path\path\[filename July 2009.xlsx]Rpt'!$K$84 WH2 cell X34 i have a formula ='O:\path\path\path\[filename July 2009.xlsx]Rpt'!$H$83 The thing that changes is month in the filename & the cell that it links to eg. K84. Currently i import a text file so i only have to change those 2 values. -- HT Just do it with Find-Replace. You could even put the target and replacement values in c...

Excel 2007 display wrong "document in use by ... "message
When person A creates an Excel file and saves it, Person B opens it and C tries to open it concurrently to person B, C receives the wrong message "<doc-name> is locked for editing by person A". This should be person B. People lose time finding the real editor on the document! ...

excel changing last number
I'm sure this will turn out to be something very simple, but I can not figure it out yet! I am trying to enter a 16 digit number in my spreadsheet. Everytime I enter it it changes the last digit to 0 no matter what I put in it. If I only enter 15 of the digits, it works fine. It is driving me crazy! Any ideas? Thanks Donna you can only use 15 digits precision for numeric values but you might just want to enter a credit card number for storage, either precede the entry with an apostrophe ' or pre-format as text will work If you indeed need to make calculations with 16 digit numbers ...

Question about comparing text columns in Excel?
I am trying to figure out how to create a Vlookup formula that would do the following: I want to find the names in Column D that are not in Column A. Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Name $$ amount Blank Name $$ amount Any suggestions? Check this out: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3036/nonamed.png Micky "hamdodger" wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to create a Vlookup formula that would do the > following: > > I want to find the names in Column D that are not in Column A...

Add new Data Series in Excel 2007
Back in the old days in Excel 2003 when I had a graph and I wanted to add a new data series all I had to do was click on Chart-->Add Data and it was easy to do. How do I add a new data series, and more importantly tell it whether I want the first column to be the x-values etc. Like in the old days when I added in data series to a previously established chart? Hi, Select the chart then use the ribbon, Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data > Add. Or right click chart, Select Data > Add. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info &...

Mailbox problem
We were having a problem with OL97 and before we reinstalled OL we archived and exported to a backup PST file. Restore went okay and everything came back in to OL. All our addresses are in the contact list with no problem. But nothing is in the address book. What happened? How can we move the info we have in our contact list to the address book? Thx Ted Try adding the Outlook Address Book service in Tools | Services. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***...

Re: Problem with backup
I need help with this as well On 23 Jan 2010 14:29:18 GMT, mark.aoyagi <mark.aoyagi@gmail.com> wrote: > I need help with this as well Since you've quoted nothing, and since many of us don't save already-read messages, I have no idea what you need help with. Please state it. -- Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003 Please Reply to the Newsgroup "mark.aoyagi" <mark.aoyagi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2JD6n.4325$Kf5.2060@news.usenetserver.com... > I need help with this as well With what???? This is al...

Outlook 2000 ZIP problem
When I attach a file in Outlook 2000 (could be .doc file) and send the mail Outlook automatic sends the attachment as a zipfile ???? Does someone know why??? You have an addin that zips the file. (Quickview+ and ZipOut are two programs that I am aware of that does this.) "Kolding" <lostinmix@gammelmorfar.DK> wrote in message news:0afc01c355c2$e6da7a00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I attach a file in Outlook 2000 (could be .doc file) > and send the mail Outlook automatic sends the attachment > as a zipfile ???? Does someone know why??? You are a GOD , she had just ...

how to generate data from graph in excel
I've a graph (source data of which is not avalable), from which I want to extract data (X & Y values). Can anyone guide me how to do this? Hi, Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643 Mike "Vads" wrote: > I've a graph (source data of which is not avalable), from which I want to > extract data (X & Y values). Can anyone guide me how to do this? Excel 2007 Translated http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300643 macro into Excel 2007 VBA code. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/11_21_09.xlsm ...

Excel and Access talking
Basically I am wondering how I can get excel macros to call access macros or vice versa. Specifically I am looking for a way to have a macro built that can liase between Excel and Access. Ultimately I would like to have a macro that populates a data sheet in Excel (by pulling data from multiple Excel files), opens Access and runs the Access macro that pulls the aforementioned Excel sheet. An alternative would be to have an Access macro that opens up multiple Excel docs, runs certain functions within those workbooks and then enacts the Access macro. ...

Public Folder Problem #4
We have a public folder set up on our Exchange 5.5 server that handles all of our web requests off of our website. There are a few users who go through these emails and either delete them because they are garbage or forward them to the appropriate user who needs to see the email. The problem lies in the fact that when an email from this public folder is forwarded or repied to, you do not get the normal mail icon that shows that the email was forwarded or replied to. Also, many of the email come in as read even though they were not. This applies to using a preview pane and also not us...

problems with the .bsc file
Hi, I have a project that has a strange behavior. I turned on both options "generate browse info" and "build browse info file" for this project. If I hit the F12 key for "Go to definition" over a variable, I get a dialog box telling me that "Browse information is not available for this project. Do you want your build setting altered (if necessary) and your project rebuilt to generate browse info?". After hitting "yes", sometimes another dialog box says "the project's .bsc ... cannot open file. File not found". And it ...

How do I get rid of this black box in my Excel charts?
I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me crazy! Help! On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:10:11 +0000, Margi wrote (in article <D1D4C9A9-1A0F-46E3-8816-FFDD5F6F9757@microsoft.com>): > I keep getting this crazy black box on my Excel charts. Distorts the chart, > then jumps from one to another. Cannot get rid of it and it's driving me > crazy! Help! Why in Hades do we get Excel posts in here?! Outlook posts I can sort of understand, being that O comes directly before...

In Excel can I rotate a column from vertical to horizontal.
Data is exported into Excel as a vertical column, is it possible to rotate the column 90 deg to make it a horizontal row? Hi one option, select your data (as long as it's not more than 256 cells) and copy it click on a cell (e.g. A1) and choose edit / paste special - transpose You can then delete the original list Cheers JulieD "kend" <kend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9321E71-2B36-4C6D-A72A-8DB0F8128C56@microsoft.com... > Data is exported into Excel as a vertical column, is it possible to rotate > the column 90 deg to make it a horizontal ...

Incorrect Checkbook Balance
Hi all, I have a weird problem in my Checkbook Balance Inquiry. My user reported that even though she had posted an Increase Adjustment and a Decrease Adjustment in Bank Transaction. The Checkbook Balance Inquiry display zero amount in the Balance. I tried to manually key in the Current Balance in the CM00100 table but it keeps reverting back to zero. I tried Reconcile and also Check links but it still does not work. User is not able to do Bank Recon. Anyone has any ideas? Hi, What version you are using? Did you try to check the checkbook transactiona in table CM20200? As per my info., ...

Save & Save As features in file menu of Excel
The save button and both "save" & "save as" options in file dropdown menu are not highlighted in Excel 2003. How do i restore the capability to save my work in Excel. Only way I can do it now is to close the program and wait for a prompt to save the file. I double checked to see if any features were inadvertently disabled on the "About Microsoft Excel" help tab, nothing was listed. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Blue wrote: > The save button and both "save" & "save as" options in file dro...

Problem With Mny 2003
Hi all, Ever since I switched over to Mny 03, I have noticed that when I click on "common withdrawals" and then click on the next upcoming bill(s) list. The date is always stuck on the original date when the recurring bill was made in "bills & deposits"?! I never had this problem with Mny 01. Has anybody else ever had this problem before? Regards Any ideas on how to fix this? "Rusty Fender" <rfender2003@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23uJKXzTBGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... | Hi all, | | Ever since I switched over to Mny 03, I have...