Excel & Outlook Personal Folders

Does anyone know if there is a way to search through a public folder in
Outlook by using excel?

The idea is that a spreadsheet can be made to show the number of files
in public folders that meet certain criteria, e.g received on a
monday.

The public folder holds internal messages for the company I work for,
and these are worked by different people dependant on the day they are