Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

I am having issues with opening an Excel file.  The file opens, but the workbook is not displayed.  I tried the resolution in the article XL97: Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158996&Product=xlw97), but neither of the resolutions fixed the problem.  Any suggestions??
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you using Excel 97?

-John Baughman
Fort Collins, CO

my first question is:

Are you sure the workbook is open?

Try window|Arrange|tiled
If it shows up, resize by hand and save the workbook.

If it didn't show up,
Try window|unhide
if it appears then, save the workbook.

If it really wasn't open, but you can open it via File|Open,

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

An alternative might be to do:
Try Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

(this alternative was in that KB article.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

number rounding in MS Excel

open two different Access reports

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

opening .pst archives

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

opening a .docx with word 2004

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Macro