excel opens up looking like it is in ms dos

how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in MS-DOS mode.
I get an error message that wants to send the info to microsoft, when it hit
yes send or no don't send it then shuts down.
0
osborne4 (1)

Hi
what exact error message do you get and does this happen all the time for
all files?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

osborne4 wrote:
> how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in
> MS-DOS mode. I get an error message that wants to send the info to
> microsoft, when it hit yes send or no don't send it then shuts down.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/22/2004 8:03:58 AM
Sounds like you're having startup problems.  This article may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280504
--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"osborne4" <osborne4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in MS-DOS
mode.
| I get an error message that wants to send the info to microsoft, when it
hit
| yes send or no don't send it then shuts down.

0
jrrech (1932)
12/22/2004 11:48:41 AM
More for your reading...

Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques that deal with start up errors at:

Maybe something in there will help.

osborne4 wrote:

> how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in MS-DOS mode.
> I get an error message that wants to send the info to microsoft, when it hit
> yes send or no don't send it then shuts down.

--

Dave Peterson
0

number rounding in MS Excel

Outlook Freezes when opening e mails
Has anyone seen a problem when opening a new mail message that arrives and your Outlook completely freezes and the the only way to get back into it is to end task on it and re open. As the user you can not delete the message. As an administrator you can open the users mailbox and delete the message for them. We are using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2000 clients. Thanks Try removing the profile thru control panel>mail>show profiles and then recreating the profile. >Has anyone seen a problem when opening a new mail message >that arrives and your Outlook completely freezes a...

Clients can open each other's mailboxs
I have exchange 2003. All my clients can access each others mailboxes. When I look at the mailbox right I see the everyone group with full access. I am unable to remove it because it is inheriting permissions. Where can I change this? What is weird is that my administrator account use to be able to open everyone's mailbox and now it can not. have you looked at permissions at the top level of the Exchange Organization? Looks like maybe they've been set there...also check the "security" tab for "send as" right... "Paul" <pkernicky@swca.net> wr...

open two different Access reports

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

opening .pst archives

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

opening a .docx with word 2004

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...