Excel Opens Numerous times

each time I open an excel workbook, a new session of excel
opens. How do I prevent this from happening?
0
anonymous (74722)

If you're speaking of what happens when you double-click an Excel file, try
having Excel re-register itself.

From Start->Run enter "Excel.exe /regserver" (w/o quotes).  If the installer
pops up just cancel it.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)
11/5/2003 1:34:42 PM
Are you sure this is the case, or could it be you're
misled by each workbook having its own button on the
Windows taskbar?
If you're not sure, try this: from the menu, choose Toos >
Options, tab View, and remove the tick from Windows in
Taskbar. If the behaviour changes, then it's just this
setting, not multiple sessions.

Nikos Y. (nyannaco at in dot gr)

0
anonymous (74722)
11/5/2003 1:37:19 PM
Hey that worked. Thanks :-)

0
anonymous (74722)

Print an Excel document directly without starting Excel
Hello I like to print an Excel-sheet directly. The sheet is an phone-list, and has to be printed directly, so that bad- schooled users can use that button too. I guess that there are some parameters or so that send a document directly to the default printer. Straingely I can't find them anywhere. Greetings, Pieter Palsma Pieter If you find the file in Windows Explorer, for example, you can right-click on it and print it from there. This opens Excel, loads the workbook, prints it and then closes Excel. Andy "Pieter Palsma" <pieter.palsma@corusgroup.com> wrote in mes...

Custom Format time to arc
I'm trying to find a symbol to Format/Cells/Custom, a symbol that represents the max value of 360�. I know "H" is equal to the max value of 24 hours, "m" is equal to sixty minuets and "s" is equal to sixty seconds, this [h] will roll hours over past 24, and I know to format cells like this h� m' s.00\" but these symbols represent time not the arc of 360�. I want to convert arc to time and time to arc with the symbols in costum format, I don't think this is possible, is it? Am I doing this backwards? Should I be working with a formula or a combina...

How to put Time or Date Only in Cell 1) Time HHMMSS 2) Date YYYYMMDD
I need to have a cell = the current time in the format HHMMSS And when I export as Comma Delimited or Fixed Length Ascii, I need for it to remain in that format. Ditto for Date as YYYYMMDD I've played around with both =TIME and =DATE but no luck. Can anyone tell me how to do this? AND, once the forumula is in the cell... how can I get it to update to the current time or date? thanks for any help I formatted my times as hhmmss and my dates as yyyymmdd and then did a file|saveAs. I chose the comma separated values (*.csv) and I got what you wanted. I opened it in notepad to ver...

Embed Excel Spreadsheet in Word ?
I have created a Gantt Chart with Excel. I would like to embed that spreadsheet in Word for a report. I have used "Paste Special" --> "MS Excel Object" However, there is 2 problems 1) Part of the Excel Spreadsheet is not shown in Word (Even though I have chosen A3 as paper size for the Word Document). Is there any way to include the whole spreadsheet ? 2) Is it possible to paste in such a way that the gridlines are shown ? (Like the one that I print with gridline shown) Your advice is sought. Peter It depends on the size of the data that you are pasting. If...

Cannot open a practice document
When I try to do the practice from any of the Access courses on Microsoft training website (http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/training/CR061829401033.aspx), the practice file downloads correctly but then a strange thing happens. The first letter in the file name seems to dissappear. For example: the practice file to download is "Why use forms.mdb". The file downloads into My Documents as required but then I get an error message saying that Access cannot fing the file "hy use forms.mdb". Has anybody had the same experience? "Lilka" <Lilka@discussions.mi...

Convert text to number
Hi guys, I receive a workbook that contains unformatted text and need to wor with numbers. I have MS Excel 2000 and can not convert text to number Just do not know how. P.S. Select Range - Format to number does not work. Thanks a lot to everybody who has any advice. Irina -- Irin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Irina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26345 Hi what type of text does your range contain. Could you post an example? ...

want Know Excel deeply
Hi, I am prince, n i want to know some commend in excel EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic GetXmlReader Data Access Method http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4b9d6e1c-abe2-4f4d-9abd-b6ebb3575e5e/generic-getxmlreader-data.aspx Here's a few websites that you can work your way through: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.aspx http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.html http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index.html http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm There are ...

Excel Spreadsheets Reformat Question
I have a disk full of Excel files; I suspect they were created by exporting from an accounting program to Excel to share the financial information with others. Each of these files needs to be PDFd and Bates stamped for production in a legal matter. The problem is this: every single one of these Excel files is not formatted to display all of the information - in order to get a readable page, the columns need to be reformatted to display all of the information contained in each of them, then saved. There are literally hundreds of these files; would there be an easier way of gett...

Macros in Excel
I am trying to automate two function for multiple users of a series of microsoft files. While running a macro to create a new file for archiving specific data, I would like the user to be able to assign a filename while running the macro that creates the file. Is this possible? If so, how? Second, for the above mentioned file I would like to create a macro the automatically launches the send to mail recipient function, but allows the user to select the recipients from a corporate mail list while running the macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Take a look at Appl...

Maintaining the size of the excel tables
I have been trying to insert tables from excel into my publisher file. I tried to insert them as an object and they didnt look good. I used pase sepcial and inserted them as enhanced pictures and other time as an excel sheet. However, no matter what I do I cant get these tables to look the same as they are in the excel sheet. They dont maintain the size and neither the look. Either the table looks too loose or the letters and numbers looks bigger than the orginal. Any tips or advices please ? Maybe the solution would be to create a table in Publisher, copy the cells in Excel, p...

After 10.1.5 update, word entoruage ok. Excel and Powerpoint crash
Hello All, Previously running Office v.x 10.1.3 and decided to download and install 10.1.4 and 10.1.5. Things seemed ok but then Excel and PowerPoint will unexpectedly quit after the splash screen and seeing the menu options. Word and Entourage work just fine. I've rebooted and also run First Aid to repair permissions. Still the same. I even reinstalled 10.1.5. Please help! This is driving me crazy! In article <_vubb.122055$mp.62781@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, "Tech Guy" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > Previously running Office v.x 1...

Excel Date
want to be able to have a cell auto fill the first time the sheet i saved so i have the creation date. Then if poss - never let them chang the cell so it keeps record of when the file was first created. Thanks - any help will get some free chocolate! ;-) Arie Astor Chocolate Corp. www.astorchocolate.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try some code in the workbook module ; e.g. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If Range("Sheet1!A1") = "" Then Range("Sheet1!A1") = Date End If End Sub Then set Sheet1...

97 in XP Open Already
Hi, I am sure this is an old issue to a lot of folks, so please accept my apology. I am running Windows XP on a somewhat new Compaq Laptop. I created a new document in Excel 97 or Word 97. Saved it and closed it. When I reopen it from the Excel or Word program I DO NOT get a message. When I reopen it by double-clicking it through Explore I get a message that says that the file is already open. I have downloaded and installed Service Packs 1 and 2. As well as the Unique Identifier Patch before creating the document. In addition all the other available downloads for Office 97. My ...

# NEW CHALLENGE: HOW TO PRODUCE COMBINATIONS OF DIFFERENT RANDOM NUMBERS AND DO NOT FULLY single repeatable in Excel 2003?
# NEW CHALLENGE: HOW TO PRODUCE combinations of different random numbers AND DO NOT FULLY single repeatable in Excel 2003? Well I found a function that produces random numbers different each other. The only problem is that since they need to apply function repeatedly through a cycle of VBA macro (DO. ... LOOP) it (a function that returns random numbers different from each other) combinations can produce duplicate (eg 1,2,3,4,5) (, (7, 10, 11, 4), [1.2.3.4.5) ...<-- COMBINATION DUPLICATE!) And I would like to know how to do that is avoid this and produze randomly all the different possible ...

Open form to third tab
From one form button, I want to open to a another form on a specific tab. I've tried to figure this out, but to no avail. In form RegionalCompetitions, I have a button that I want the user to click to open another form called ChurchInformation. ChurchInformation has 6 tabs. I am trying to use OpenArgs, but I just can't seem to get it right. Here is what I have for the button in RegionalCompetitions: Private Sub Contact1_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Contact1_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Contacts" stLinkCriteria =...

Excel Reference?
I get a tooltip telling me that: Name 'EXL' is not declared and EXL has a squiggle line under it. I went to Project > Add Reference > COM > Microsoft 10.0 Object Library and still get that tooltip popping up. Code below: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim WSheet As New Excel.Worksheet() WSheet = EXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\TEST.XLS").Worksheets.Item(1) EXL.Range("A2:E3").Select() Dim CData As Excel.Range CData = EXL.Selection ...

Updating SQL Queries in Excel
Hi, as a newbie I have created queries on several work sheets of a work book. Each one is saved with a different name. This is all working fine. However, when I want to update each query I have to log on individually to each one. I really wanted to log on to the database only once and then have all the queries run and update similtaniously and to avoid have to log on to each one. Can anyone help me with that? You need to create stored procedures. What database is it? HTH Bob "Laura" <lvlandmark@gmail.com> wrote in message news:03c96f3c-8b14-49ef-9ab8-0cf...

How do I keep the EULA from popping up every time I open a doc?
A box saying I must Accept or Decline the Microsoft End User License Agreement (EULA) pops up every time I open a Microsoft document. I ACCEPT it every time, I've printed it, but it STILL keeps popping up. It's annoying as heck. Is there some way to make it go away for good? I understand the terms already! Sheesh! "License Agreement Popup Question" <License Agreement Popup Question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58CF6A60-6010-471B-A2CC-A9730A9D6E31@microsoft.com... > A box saying I must Accept or Decline the Microsoft End Use...

Go to worksheet upon opening
Is there a way to have the same worksheet pop up every time the excel file is opened...... hi yes. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1").Select End Sub adjust the sheet name and range to suit this is workbook code. press ALT+F11. this will bring up the vb editor. at the far right, expand your project(file). double click ThisWorkbook. in the code window(far right), click the right drop down and select Workbook. the workbook open event should default in (see above). paste the two line between workbook open and end sub above betwee...

Opening Calendar to current time instead of start of day
Whenever I click to Mail and return to Calendar...it reverts to 8am and I must scroll to current time of day. Any way to get calendar to open to current time? "NoviMich" <NoviMich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEFFC4EC-D505-4BE3-A670-8F6185616493@microsoft.com... > Whenever I click to Mail and return to Calendar...it reverts to 8am and I > must scroll to current time of day. Any way to get calendar to open to > current time? When switching back to the day view, your day's start time will be at the top. Make your time interval ...

howtofix excel 2000 says invalid AddIn for valid excel97 AddIn
how do i repair/fix/load my excel 97 AddIn into excel 2000 e.g. upon load of MYEAD.xlaEx2000 says: c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.....\AddIn\MYEAD.xla is an invalid AddIn TIA rob ...

date problem--excel changing entry
I want date to show as 11/05/03 and not have to enter the / or a -. Have formatted cells to date and that but excel ix changing to a totally different date----7/19/06? You could use a macro that converts numeric entries to dates. Chip Pearson has shared his: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Or if you're consistent (leading 0's for days and months), you could format the column(s) as text, do your data entry and then use data|text to columns to convert them to real dates (choose mdy as the field type). D Blount wrote: > > I want date to show as 11/05/03 and...

Slow respond for open message from Outlook 2000 Client connected to Exchange 2003 server
Dear All, We have migrated the Exchange 2000 server to 2003 (active-passive cluster) for more than five months. Most of our client still using Outlook 2000 and work fine with the Exchanger 2003 server. However, few days before most user complained the Outlook client need long time to open a message (1MB size need around 1 minute to open). After investigation we found the Exchange server utilization and memory usage is normal, and this problem only occurred in Outlook 2000 client, but OWA and Outlook 2003 client still work normally. We have tried to restart the Exchange cluster, but...

From Excel to VBA Chart appearance
Does anyone know when you move an application out of excel to a vba platform, is there any loss in quality and capabilities in the charts? Kind regards, Mark Mark Both of your questions have gone unanswered and I suspect it is a confusion. To get the data to any type of chart object/applet you would need to automate XL. While you are doing that, why would you want to *not* use XL's charting features, via the same automation? Is there something missing in XL's features. If you are using automation, then by default, you are using XL's charting object and there will be ...

Failure to lanch Excel of Office 97
I installed an English version of Office 97 sp2b in a Chinese Windows XP Pro. All components are working correctly except Excel. When I open Excel, the system asks me to close down due to error. The error message was incorrect signature: AppName: excel.exe, AppVer: 8.0.1.5618, ModName: vba332.dll,ModVer 3.0.0.7019, Offset: 000b66ff. I reinstalled several times without success. Actually, it worked correctly when I used it in my old computer running Chinese Windows ME. Can someone tell me the possible bugs and fixes Thanks, Ray ...