Excel opens as read only from IE

I'm not sure whether this problem is Excel related or IE related. Whenever we
launch an Excel file, whether it be from the company intranet or even from a
web-based email, it opens as a read only. Can anyone shed any light on how to
alter this?
--
Regards,
Darren

Excel 2007
Hi to all, I'm truly a beginner with pushing excel a bit, but what I'm trying to achieve seems logical and simple enough in my mind. I've got a simple daily sales sheet that is edited at each salepoint. I've got a drop-down list of vendors in Column A sorted in a Data Validation list so that much is straight forward, another few columns of details and {price totals} at the end, such as: Company X | Details | QTY | PriceEa | PriceTotal | I'm trying to automate a result that if the Company equals {Company1} then the total in that rows {pricetotal} gets added to a particul...

XML and PivotTables on Excel 2003
Hi, I've got an enormous XML file I'm attempting analyze through pivot tables. For small versions of the file, I can load the whole thing into the worksheet, and construct a Pivot table from the list. But I have a file that is large enough to go far beyond the worksheet size limitations in Excel (64K rows). I've tried loading my XML into Access, but that doesn't seem to give me anything meaningful. (It seems to remove the hierarchy from the XML). I'd like an "XML Datasource" option to Pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be available. Can anyone gi...

Execute C++ from Excel
HI all, can anyone tell me how to execute a simple C++ code from an excel spreadsheet? For example take a C++ program that adds two integers, how does one execute it from an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance -- serine ------------------------------------------------------------------------ serine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27884 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473888 ...

Excel 2007
On Windows XP SP2 using Excel 2007 I am unable to print from the Open file dialogue. Here is what I am doing: Clicking Open from the Office button Navigating to the file I would to Print Highlighting the document Selecting Print from the Tools menu in the lower left hand corner of the dialogue box The error message I receive states: Cannot print file. It then gives a series of possible reasons, none of which apply because I can print the document if I open it first and then print it normally. Also, I can use the above sequence to print the document if the document is already open. This ser...

HOW DO i ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOL (NOT NAMES) IN EXCEL
HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOLS Please don't type in ALL CAPS. It is considered to be "shouting" and rude. Example??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "GERRIREN" <GERRIREN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70D108A6-2909-49C9-9F92-E110FC900A6B@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHOOLS Select all of the cells involved in all columns and rows, then use Data Sort and it will lead you through the process. "GERRIREN" wrote: > HOW DO I ALPHABETIZE A LIST OF SCHO...

Open Items
I have a client that uses open items for things like shipping. They have the price set to $0.00, and it marked Must enter price at the POS. The problem is when they put the price in it changes back to $0.00, and they have to put the price in again. I know this will happen if the item is on sale, but it's not. Anyone else have any ideas? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C92AFD.F5BBAE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If you are using Price levels, that is the source of the probl...

Mac OSX How to open a .pub image.
I received an image in the .pub file format from a non-computer literate person. In what program can I open it, or to what program can I import it to - being on Mac OSX 10.3.9 as I am? Thanks! --Doc. On 7/15/05 6:30 PM, in article BEFDB139.E017%drcocktail@bigfoot.com, "DrCocktail" <drcocktail@bigfoot.com> wrote: > I received an image in the .pub file format from a non-computer literate > person. In what program can I open it, or to what program can I import it to > - being on Mac OSX 10.3.9 as I am? It won't open in anything on the Mac. It needs Microsoft Pu...

Excel #26
I started a new job, and am having to build a call list for potential clients. When I find these companies on certain websites or what not, they are listed on a page from top to bottom, sometimes in the many hundreds of companies in one column.. Here is a link , to a sample of what I am working with . http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhkqFcg9vgGhdGhWSnQ2a01mRzlJVU1vVl9fOHZZYUE&hl=en But Imagine Column A cell values go to A4032, Which is how much information I have to enter. : SO I have list with over thousand company?s names and contact info, But, I am getting company in...

Calender and organizer tips for excel
Hi, I need to make a sheet that contains a list of my team members and the days they want to take a day off. My team consists of nine people and there should always be 6 people present. Everyone has a certain amount of days they can plan as a day off. We work in a shiftsystem that changes according a certain schedule. I want this sheet to show me when there are more than 3 people that want to take a day of. Decrease the amount of days left they can plan. Even count the days they are ill. And much more. I don't need you to make this sheet, but I'm looking for calendertools with wich...

How do I change the default font in an EXISTING Excel workbook?
I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one day to the next in one particular workbook. I can't get it back. Any suggestions? Blue Format>Style>Normal>Modify. This is a workbook property so may be different from your default style in other workbooks. Change the Font to what you would like. NOTE: this also affects the Column and Row headers. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:51:06 -0800, "Blueski" <Blueski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to change it normally, but it seemed to switch on me from one...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

excel not updating text boxes
i have several charts with textboxes lind to specific cells within my workbook. inside these cells are formulas that calculate values that I am trying to display on my charts in the text boxes. My calculations are set to automatic, but these text boxes are not updating unless i click in the formula bar for each of them and hit "enter." since i have several charts i don't want to be doing this hundreds of times a day. I have a total lack of confidence that my chart text boxes are displaying the correct values. is there some way to force them to update, maybe wit...

had a virus, now cannot open IE
I have icons on desktop..try to click aol or msn icon get reply cannot find file....same with trying to open from start..I had Total PC Defender and finally got rid of it with Malwarebytes. Did I delete something that maybe I shouldn't have? Chicken wrote: > I have icons on desktop..try to click aol or msn icon get reply > cannot find file....same with trying to open from start..I had Total > PC Defender and finally got rid of it with Malwarebytes. Did I > delete something that maybe I shouldn't have? First, we need to know the name of the malware. O...

Making Folders Stay Open?
I have a couple of Personal Folders that I would like to stay open at all times. Mainly, I would like them to be open when I start Outlook 2003. Is there any way to set up a folder so that it stays open? Thanks, -barry Only your default folders. The other personal folders you will have to expand manually. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Barry F Margolius asked: | I have a...

excel minimized?
I am trying to find an answer to an issue with one of my teachers and I have no idea how to help. When she gets an excel attachment in email (AOL) sometimes it opens maximized and other times it minimizes to the task bar. XP OS. Any help appreciated, thanks in advance. -- Thanks,, Kim Hello When a file is saved in Excel on one computer, information on the size of the window and cell location is saved with it also. When the file is reopend it will return to the window size it was last saved under. My guess is that when a file is sent to another computer, there could be different s...

Publisher can't open a file it just created
Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a computer because it started have problems opening publisher 2003 files. If I create a new file in publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it tells me that it can not open this file. Has anyone else run into this? It happened on another computer once before and we formated and reinstalled windows. I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help it. Chris Are you saving the file to the hard drive? Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable "Of...

Non specific error on opening Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 Pro system
"Cannot Open Microsoft Outlook. A program error has occurred. Quit Outlook and Windows and then start again." This happens with all profiles on the system. I've repaired Office, reinstalled Office, then uninstalled and reinstalled Office (and redownloaded and applied all patches). It still errors. Other Office apps open just fine. Outlook does connect to the Exchange server, since I can configure services and it recognizes the LAN ID. Any thoughts? Does it start in safe mode, go to Start > Run > type "Outlook /safe" without the quotes "Paula&qu...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

Error Opening archive .pst
I have archived several years worth of Outlook data. I have created an archive file for each year, and moved the archives to CD. The file does not span CD's. The archive files were created some time ago, and I get an error when attempting to open them. Access denied. I opened them before... What is the trick...? Is it because they are on CD now...? or is it because I have migrated to a new version of Outlook (2003)...? or is it because I have changed user names from my business address when the archives were created to my personal outlook program at home...? i.e. userid changed..? ...

>>>Live Chat
On October 4, 2007, the Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) team will host an Open Forum Live Chat. In this chat, our experts will take questions on any Microsoft Dynamics RMS topic. If we get a high volume of questions during the Open Forum chat, our experts might not be able to respond to all of them within the chat timeframe. In that event, our experts will respond after the chat ends, to the extent possible, and their answers will be included in the transcript for the chat. The transcript will be posted to the using page.http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using Si...

Reading Attributes -getAttributeNode
I am using MSXML2.XMLHTTP40 to send a SOAP Request, when i use ResponseText, i am getting back the following <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema- instance" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"> <soap:Body> <MyMethodResponse xmlns="http://xx.xx.xx/aaaa/bbb"> <MyNode Attrib1="AA" Attrib2="BB" ......> <Node2 atrb3=" /> </Mynode> </MyMethodResponse> </soap:Body> </soap:Envelope> I did create a MSXML2.DOMDocument3...

how do i transfer existing excel macros to a new computer?
I have Excel 2000 with some macros. I'm getting a new computer and don't know how to get the macros transferred to the new pc. Likely, they are stored in your personal.xls file. You can search for it and copy it to the new PC. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "rwr2333" <rwr2333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F95693C-8048-4B1A-9115-8733F0ECE9C4@microsoft.com... > I have Excel 2000 with some macros. I'm getting a new computer and don't > know how to get the macros transferred to the new pc. Macros live in wor...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

Exporting Access into Excel workbook
Is there a way to export an access report into excel workbook where data is broken out onto multiple spreadsheets? Please help. Thank you!! In the absence of another reply ..... I think not. In my opinion you would be better off exporting sets of data from th *original Access table* to Excel - or using Data/Get External Data i Excel. I am currently experimenting with a similar job where it is necessar to have an Access table containing worksheet names linked to the mai table to enable this. I am setting up an Excel macro to import t worksheets. It may be quicker to use an Access Make T...