Excel opening a "phantom" worksheet at random times

I have a user who will have a phantom Excel spreadsheet, entitled Object,
open at random times while she is trying to open another spreadsheet.

This Ojbect spreadsheet will stay open, and she can open other spreadsheets,
but the only thing that will open is the Menu bar, toolbars, and the status
bar.  The file itself doesn't open, the space is empty and the user can see
the desktop.

When this happens, the user has to shut down her machine, not a restart,
before she can continue on in Excel.

Any ideas?
0
lbfries (3)

delete phantom
how do you use outlookspy ? I'm having the phantom issue also phantom what? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-R...

Outlook tries to send two phantom messages, gets "bounce denied" error?
I'm running MS Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP. Everything is fully patched. Whenever I do a Send/Receive, even with nothing in my outbox, it says "Sending message 1 of 2..." and then "Send/Recieve error - click here". Clicking there gives me the error: Task 'mail.celebration.fl.us - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 RFC2821 bounces are administratively denied' The connection to...

Phantom email accounts won't go away
We have a strange problem with phantom email accounts that won't go away. E.g. users occasionally send a message to a global distribution list and will get a bounced back message saying that one of the recipinets could not be found - someone who has not worked here for over a year and has long since been removed from Active Directory. Also, occasionally someone will send a messge to a global distribution list and the list name autocompletes in the message address line enclosed in tick marks - e.g. 'Marketing' - and if it appears in tick marks it will always bounce back saying the...

Phantom wireless network detected
I have a WinXP SP3 laptop. Even with the wireless network hardware switch turned off Windows is showing a wireless network name "wireless". I have File and printer sharing disabled for the wireless card and am not sharing any resources on the laptop. Bluetooth? Jack B. Pollack wrote: > I have a WinXP SP3 laptop. Even with the wireless network hardware switch > turned off Windows is showing a wireless network name "wireless". > > I have File and printer sharing disabled for the wireless card and am not > sharing any resources on the lapt...

Budget phantom transactions
Hi, I've just installed Money 2004 and load all my accounts into it. When I started with the budget and schedulled bills and deposits I made several tries and it kept getting worse. Now, even with a blank budget, I still have two categories that I cannot delete: Transfers into budget accounts and transfers out of budget accounts, both are sucategories of "Special". How can I get if of that so I can start over ?? I used Q318841 to solve the same problem in other accounts, but this does not wok on these... thanks in advance, pablo. Those categories cannot be manually r...

Outlook 2003 Phantom IMAP Account
I deleted four IMAP accounts out of seven from Outlook 2003. The four deleted accounts immediately disappeared from "Favorite Folders" but they still appear in my "All Mail Folders" view. This is strange and bothersome. The deleted accounts not not have .pst files. They do not appear in theTOOLS|Email Accounts (where I deleted them from). When I click on the account to try to delete it I get this error message: "The Set of Folders Could Not be Opened." Then I click on "show help" and get an inane message about running the scan program, et al ...

HOw to a stop Outlook loading a 'phantom' file
Outlook is now opening as well as my regular .pst file one called 'ow25'. There is nothing there but I can't close it or get rid of it. Can you please tell me how to ensure it doesn't open any more? rfc rfc <rfc_net@ yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook is now opening as well as my regular .pst file one called > 'ow25'. There is nothing there but I can't close it or get rid of it. > > Can you please tell me how to ensure it doesn't open any more? Can you remove it with File>Data File Management? If not, you'll need to create a new mail p...

Phantom Mail
I am running Outlook 2003. My outbox is empty. Nevertheless it appears to believe that there are 3 emails which it MUST send. The send function continually fails. Does Outlook 2003 have a mail queue that I can pull up and delete emails from? I have a queasy suspicion that these phantom emails may have something to do with many viruses and trojans that hit me in the 10 minutes it took me to download windows and NAV updates in the course of building my new system. THus my aim is to prevent these mails going out rather than finding some way to send them. Sean Sean Jones <sean@seanjones.or...

Phantom request for username and password.
Let me start by saing that my knowledge of networking is very basic. Another IT person setup Windows Server 2008. The server allows remote access to Access databases. There are 20 users at this time. Two of the users have started experiencing an "odd" problem. In the beginning they had no problem logging on and clicking on a desktop shortcut to start up a non-password protected database. Now when they log on and click on the shortcut it requires a username and password. I can log on remotely... go to their desktop and click on the shortcut without any prompts. ...

Remove phantom com ports from the registery ... how ?
Remove phantom com ports from the registery ... how ? Is there a simple way to remove 'old' com ports from the registery .. any application .. of is a diy job ?? The pc has 4 com pors (usb > serial) but the registery has retained all the previous device settings (caused by mother board change) Tnx - G .. "Graham" <g0nbd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:93e90252-a6c9-4437-a9a2-86a38c095207@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Remove phantom com ports from the registery ... how ? > > Is there a simple way to remove 'old' co...

How can I best "scrub" a wkbk of "phantom macros"?
Hi, I hope one of you can help me here - I've a large workbook (several worksheets within; no chart-sheets or otherwise) that I've created pro bono for local public agencies. Problem I am having is that when loading it on a system with moderate macro security, it issues the "do you want to really do this" sort of msg, with "Enable Macros", "Eat More Burritos", etc. sort of pane. Further, even though no change might have been made to the wkbk, Excel (2003 and later) prompts for a "Save Changes?" when closing. While I thought of e...

Phantom unread message
Gurus, How do I fix a problem in Outlook 2000 where the unread message indicator appears next to the system clock, but when I open the inbox there are no messages in it? ...

Deleting Phantom Lines in Excel
I am finding phantom lines when I print. They are not in the file and don't show up on the print preview. Please help ...

Phantom Column border
Win 2K Office 2K Hi folks, I have a unique problem, which I haven't seen before and can't correct. I have a workbook, broken out in 3 worksheets. Sheet one lists daily nationwide gaming results & includes graphs on the average results on a nightly basis. Sheet two, contains the same data via copy - paste special, with the daily data broken out by month. This is the sheet that has the formatting problem. This is a two page report, with Jan thru June on one page and July through December on the next page. I have three pages after that with graphs on the nightly results broken out ...

Need help: phantom emails being created W2K3 SBE
I am running Exchange on Windows Small Business Server 2003... I am apparently under attack from somewhere... emails are being created with spam-type FROM addresses (ie... jhjskskj@jhsdkjhsd.info , and sometimes postmaster@{MyDomain.com} ) and are trying to go out my exchange server. Mostly, they are denied transport by the receiving email server (or are non-existent TO addresses) and so sit on my server, eventually prompting SMTP Server Remote Queue Length Alerts and requiring me to go in and delete. I can see these outgoing messages in both the queue page, and also message tracking... HOW...

Phantom Item number
I started putting in a new Lot Matrix Item, and canceled out in the middle and did not finish putting the item in. Now when I try to put the item in, it comes back with the message "Item Lookup Code Must Be Unique". The Item Code must be in the database without any other information linked to it. I want to delete that item entry so I try to search for the item number, but it does not appear. I have done a Re-Index of the Database, and it still give me the Item Lookup Code Must Be Unique message, and the Item code is not in the database. How do I find the Item to delete when it ...

4294967015 phantom unread emails
Outlook 2007 tells me there all there, but crashes when I try to see them. They all seem to be Microsoft at Home or Microsoft at Work, which means I have just been seriously spammed by Microsoft. When I go near them... to mark then read, or delete them, Outlook crashes btw, did anyone think about roaming profiles when locating .pst files? hmmm, thought not. pst's should not be in a roaming profile - they default to the local appdata folder that does not roam. If you want them to roam, you need to put them in the home folder - with Exchange accounts, use the Exchange ...

How to remove phantom Bill transactions
Money 2004 Standard. The other day I noticed that the amount in my checking account on the Home Page (and in the Accounts List) did not match what was shown in the checking register. The checking register was correct. The Home page was several thousands of dollars less. Poking around I discovered on the bill calendar a number of paid bills corresponding to the next payment of yearly (and bi-yearly) bills last paid in Dec. '03 to April '04 (i.e. the bills in Dec. '04, Jan-Apr '05, etc. were marked as paid) A duplicate of the same bills also showed up on the same day as sti...

phantom blank on right of field
I am combining values in 3 columns and then using a vlookup to compar two inputs and output the value if they're equal or output -500 i they're not equal. I've tested my code on several inputs and it' worked beautifully but on my last attempt, one input sheet has a colum with a phantom blank on the right side of SOME of the data (I can se it when I click the cell there's an extra space). How it should work if values are equal: Value 1: "NGA001CR_1_183_5" Value 2: "NGA001CR_1_183_5" Output: "NGA001CR_1_183_5" OR if they're not equal Out...

phantom headers
I have a header which keeps coming back after I remove it in the print preview window. Does anyone know why this might be happening? tia, Dave If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does the header still come back? If it doesn't come back, it sounds like you have a macro that runs right before you print. Take a look under ThisWorkbook to see if you have any code in the workbook_beforePrint procedure. dave wrote: > > I have a header which keeps coming back after I remove it > in the print preview window. Does anyone know why this > might be happening? > &...

Phantom Word window in Outlook 2003
Hi, I have this issue in Outlook 2003 SP2. If I create a new message and then decide not to send it, when I cancel the message I get a message asking me if I want to save the message, I select "no" and then a blank Word window opens. I need to close this word window to return to outlook. Is there a way not to get this phantom word window, besides removing Word as my email editor. Windows XP MS Office 2003 Outlook 2003 ...

Phantom Account?
I'll try to be brief - I had an account in AD called 'Assistant', that has been deleted as has the mailbox for this account. When anyone tries to include me in a meeting and sends the meeting request to me, I get it fine but it also tries to send a request to that 'Assistant' account which of course does not exist and a NDR is returned to that user. This only happens when including my account in meeting requests. If users send me ordinary email, it works fine. Does anyone have any idea what is different about meeting requests and were it is associating me accoun...

"Phantom" payee... need help troubleshooting
So I've been running Money 2004 for almost 3 years now and am trying to figure out this latest puzzle: A few days ago I was perusing my list of Payees and noticed that "Comcast" only had 1 transaction listed in it. (from 2005) I was stunned, since I pay those morons a foolish amount of money for cable TV every month. There should be tons of transactions listed. I made sure there weren't 2 payees called Comcast but there weren't. I then took a look at my checking account (from which I pay all my bills) and tried to find my last month's payment to Comcast....

Phantom Printer
I have a very simple OnClick event on a Cmd button that opens a form using DoCmd.OpenForm ......... When I try the same thing with DoCmd.OpenReport the report does not open but rather is sends the report to a printer automatically. I have no reference to a printer in my entire project. Any thoughts?? "Opening" a report is roughly analogous to printing it (reports ARE intended to be printed, right?). If you want to open the report in Print Preview mode, take a look at Access HELP for the correct syntax for the DoCmd.OpenReport command. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Acc...

Money 2003
I thought I had resolved this issue previously, but it appears not. I had Money 2005 Small Business installed on a laptop that died. It had been upgraded, full install, from a Money 2003 Deluxe & Business version. I parked my data files on a mapped drive on another computer . . .previously I had XP professional on my laptop. Now I'm running XP Home. Upon reinstalling the software I get prompted for a password. When I enter what I know to be correct (because I'd written said password down), the file does not open. Neither trying the password nor checking the "I do not ...