excel office home and student freezes all the time

I purchased office home and student 2007 several months ago. I have Vista on
my computer.  I had issues with Word, but was able to fix it.  I have had no
reason to use Exce, until now.  When ever I open it, it constantly freezes
up, with the little circle spinning.  It says all the updates are on my
computer.  I have no idea how to fix this issue, and it is very frustrating,
and time consuming trying to fix this issue.  Thanks for you help.

Steve

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Excel Formula 02-06-10
I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of which product is chipset and from which suppliers.Thanks for any help I get. A B C 1 Product 1 Supplier 2 £10.00 2 Product 2 Supplier 1 £8.00 3 Product 3 Supplier 2 £8.00 4 Product 2 Supplier 2 £6.00 5 Product 1 Supplier 2 £11.00 6 Product 3 Supplier 1 £7.00 Farid, I think you mean:- cheapest - and not chipset. "Farid" wrote: > I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of > which product is chipset and from which ...

Excel spreadsheet template
I try to find an optimal solution for my Excel spreadsheet template for developing a financial calculation(expenses, taxes, S&H, retail prices)for various products in small business. I just browsed templates section in MS Office templates but not found there any specific, all very generic/abstract etc Lots of other sites have Excel templates that you can download. Do a search through Google: http://www.google.com/advanced_search? using keywords like "financial Excel template download" trend5 wrote: > I try to find an optimal solution for my Excel spreadsheet template ...

Excel macro deployment
Hi I have been deploying Excel macro to workstations using an MSI. The MSI creates a folder under program folders and drops the xla files in the folder. The installer also sets a registry value. When the user opens Excel, the macros begin. This works fine for Excel 2003. What do I need to do to properly install Macros under Excel 2007 and Excel 2010? Thanks ...

Importing to access from excel
I understand that access uses the first 15 rows of an imported excel sheet to determine whether the access field is numerical or text. I have a worksheet with a date column, and columns that contain both numbers and text entries (in the form of less than values e.g.<1). Therefore the date column cannot be changed to text or number otherwise it looses the correct format. And although the numbers can be changed to text in excel they are only recognised as numbers in access. The only way I have found to get the all the information across from excel into access without error values (e...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

Date and Time setup
I work at a 24 hour job we take readings every hour. I want to have the date autofill a cell as the current date but our sheet changes at 0700 every day. So if the sheet is worked on at 0100 the date needs to be for the past day starting at 0700, if the time for the current day changes to 0800 the cell will display the new date. ie: 0100hrs = 4/18/06 0600hrs = 4/18/06 0800hrs = 4/19/06 etc... =TODAY()-(A1<=TIME(7,0,0))*1 HTH -- AP "Joe" <jdbarnes63@earthlink.net> a �crit dans le message de news:28db731403ef4144bf9b3800591a428e@ureader.com... > I work at a 24 ho...

Excel 2003 #4
Hope someone out there can help, I have lost the toolbars and menu bars in Excel, at first I thought it was showing full screen but it wasn't I then tried to Alt/V to bring up the view menu but again nothing. Have re-installed Excel but still not showing, can anyone help me with this please. And you're sure that the window isn't just too far up and off the visible viewing area--so all that you would need to do is resize that window? If you can see excel's application title bar, then this isn't the problem. If you want to reset all the toolbars back to factory default...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

Outlook Express Freezes on Opening
I'm not sure why, but it just started a couple days ago. But whenever I try to open Outlook Express, it just freezes up. I got it to open once or twice, and that was it. I have tried downloading every single update for Windows XP. I haven't installed anything new, except for those updates, so I don't know what would be causing it. But if anyone knows why any help would be greatly appreciated. Either reply to this post or email me at chazzy1864@yahoo.com Charlie Charlie wrote: > I'm not sure why, but it just started a couple days ago. > But whenever I try to ope...

Accessing Excel pages using VB
Hi. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having. It's likely a trivial answer, but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'm using VB 6.0 and Excel 2002. I have an Excel workbook that has information about days of the month -- each day having an individual spreadsheet 'Day (1)', 'Day (2)', etc. as tabs along the bottom of the workbook. I want to be able to access information from individual "days" using a VB application and do some processing and then printing of the data in VB. First of all, when addressing data on spre...

Need product key for Office XP Developer
Please take pity on the absent minded. Back in the heyday of Office XP, I never had the need to set up the developer tools for it. I was a subscriber to MSDN Universal so have all of the DVDs. I just never jumped through their hoops of going on the MSDN site to lookup the product and get the key. I didn't need it then. Now it's out of support and the keys for obsolete products are no longer available from MS. My email address is readily decodable. I'll be most grateful. Thanks -- -Larry- -- To anyone who may have been digging in their archives on my behalf; Thanks, but ...

How do I link Excel pages to a different master Excel workbook?
I am trying to take part lists from different assemblies and link them to a master part list. Ideally one sheet from the assembly part lists will have many pages and be linked to a sheet in the master part list with the name of that specific assembly. I am operating on Midrosoft Office Version 2003. open both the master and your part list on your master if you set a cell to (="name of part list book"!A1) you can do that by clicking any cell on the other workbook with them both open its just like a formula on the sheet only instead it has the workbooks name first i hope thi...

Graphing in Excel
Does anyone know any good graphing tutorials for excel??? I am havin difficulty graphing a dual line graph. I don't know the problem origin. Any help would be tremendous -- Mrinkli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mrinklin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38935 M, Get familiar with internet searches (like www.google.com). It's a good resource. A search for "excel chart tutorial" (w/o quotes) would find Jon Pel...

tangent excel question
this isnt necessarily an excel question, but it is related in that i affects a spreadsheet im working on. ive been looking for a centerline symbol, but none of the fonts i hav installed seem to include this symbol. it is a blueprint / surveyin symbol that has a L superimposed by a c. i am using CL right now bu would like to use the actual symbol for aesthetics. is there a way i can make a custom symbol or does anyone know where can find a font that would include such a symbol? thank you. i lov excel. ^_ -- lsu-i-lik ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables
1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downloaded from a mainframe database? I have been told this could be done in previous versions of Excel. 2. If I get a new text file each day, how can I refresh the existing Pivot Table, without the necessity of recreating Thank you very much Marsh Import the Text file into Excel. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Marsh" <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C480551-AE4D-4E31-B6DC-DF527E532091@microsoft.com... > 1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downlo...

Excel Function VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names". The table deifene below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables. Error where: =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE) but no errors where =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE) or =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE) ANS: ACT_IS The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to NAME. If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated. Thanks Elizabet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly =VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKU...

Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex. A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to see when working in selected range. I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the selection color at all. Also tried to change the Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced option>Item areas, thi...

Time Formula #3
I have a two times (ex 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM) I want to figure out the number of hours from the start of one time to the end of the other time. What formula do I use? The formula is =[cell showing 5:30 PM]-[cell showing 8:30 AM]. Format the answer as 0.00 and the formula will show hours and fractions thereof (e.g. 4 1/2 hours will show as 4.50). "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3db001c4a662$2dd276b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a two times (ex 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM) I want to > figure out the number of hours from the start of one time...

BP Project Time and and Expense should have a settings page.
Currently in Project Time and Expense, the administrator must use SQL to manipulate PTE settings. A quick look at the PTE admin guide shows the following settings are controlled by manually altering the PmaTimesheetConfig or PmaExpenseConfig tables: 1. Displaying Department, Position, or Pay Code fields in the Task Detail dialog 2. Configuring whether to display a confirmation message when users delete line items on timesheets or expense reports 3. Enabling action notes so users can provide additional information on timesheets or expense reports It seems like we should have a...

Bug Excel 2007
a1=38641972,52 a2=-38416033,72 a3=(=a1+a2)=225938,800000004 a4=225938,8 a5=(=a3-a4)=4,48198989033699E-09 ;) On Oct 21, 5:06=A0am, Slava Galinski <galinski.sl...@gmail.com> wrote: > a1=3D38641972,52 > a2=3D-38416033,72 > a3=3D(=3Da1+a2)=3D225938,800000004 > a4=3D225938,8 > a5=3D(=3Da3-a4)=3D4,48198989033699E-09 Not a defect, but a very common artifact of the way that Excel stores numbers and performs calculation called 64-bit binary floating-point. Not limited to Excel 2007; common in all versions of Excel. (I use Excel 2003.) Also common in most applications, althoug...

How do you turn off the Undo feature in excel?
It seems to be slowing me down as it records actions. i'd like to turn the feature off. Is there a way? This sounds very drastic to me. (I screw up enough that I like to have Undo available.) But.... xl2k and above XL: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211922 xl97 XL97: How to Modify the Number of Undo Levels http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=162944 bvlumber wrote: > > It seems to be slowing me down as it records actions. i'd like to turn the > feature off. Is there a way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Budget Wizard-option to create multiple excel files
Allow for an option during the budget wizard to create multiple excel spreadsheets breaking by department . This would prevent a client from having to export a budget for each department or manipulating the large spreadhseet into many spreadsheets ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Cannot Open Microsoft Office Outlook
Hi, I cannot open outlook. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook and still receive the error message below: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook windo. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\Jay\AppData\ Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to daignose and repair errors in the file. for more information about the inbox repair tool, see Help." Thank you for your consideration of providing advice for thi...

Having a different Excel file on Each Screen (Multiple Monitors)
HI, I've noticed with WORD I can have one word document up on one of my screens and another file in a different screen but for some reason I can't do it with Excel. Am I doing somethign wrong? Thanks Don't know that you're doing anything wrong, just maybe not enough right. Got to Window>New Window, then go to Window>Arrange and pick how you want to have the windows of your workbook positioned. You can the work back & forth, even on different sheets in each window. If you want more than 2 windowns on the same workbook, just repeat the process as necessary (do...