Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2

This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search
groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous
thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity.

When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook
contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting
you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer
is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email
instead of Outlook.

Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Change the
email option to Microsoft Outlook and restart Excel.

Hope that helps. :)

0
wkwork (1)

Perhaps Outlook should send Excel some flowers.

"wkwork" wrote:

> This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search
> groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous
> thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity.
>
> When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook
> contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting
> you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer
> is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email
> instead of Outlook.
>
> Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Change the
> email option to Microsoft Outlook and restart Excel.
>
> Hope that helps. :)

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

setting HasDataTable to true from C# VS2003
Hi there I am using Visual Studio 2003 C#, ASP, calling Excel, passing it data creating a chart (line) which it passes back as an image for my we app. ...but I need to display the DataTable below. In Excel I see i has a "Show Data Table" and from VB I can set HasDataTable, but from C how do I reference it??? I will appreciate any tips or direction! Thanx in advance!!! Many thanx Kind regards Ashley:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there ...after doing some research, I don't think this is possible. I am using the Office Web Components (OWC), a...

Missing Measures in .cub file created in Excel
After using Excel's Offline OLAP features which create a local cube file (.cub), many of the desired measures which I included in the wizard setup are not displayed. I'm looking for a reason for this. The data populating this cube file is from a virtual cube, so background calculations take place. I considered that those measures requiring calculation would not be included once seperated from the original virtual cube... but many calculated measures WERE included so I don't think that's the complete explination. I've varied the measures included in the .cub file...

Customisation not showing in Outlook..Urgent
Very Urgent... I have added a button on the toolbar and set "ALL" in web.config for customisation. But the button does not appear in Outlook Client CRM. What more change in settings and where abouts am i missing? Please help.. you have to publish the customisations "Atul Gadre" <AtulGadre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37C849A5-CB2A-4F4D-B58A-AAABDF452BE1@microsoft.com... > Very Urgent... > I have added a button on the toolbar and set "ALL" in web.config for > customisation. But the button does not appear in Outlook Client CRM....

Deleting rows in Excel based on criteria
Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the macro and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. >and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. last column IV ?? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "SteveM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05ac01c3afb9$b76f96a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a > criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the > macro an...

Unable to set property required to True
I imported a modified form to a customer's system. The field I added to the window has the Required property set to True. However, when I imported the form, I got the following message, "Unable to set property required to True". The customer does not own the Modifier - only the Customization Site License - so I change can't the field property on their system. Why did it not import correctly? ...

Outlook 2003 freezes & crashes
Outlook 2003 worked fine on XP SP1, but on XP SP2, it stalls, freezes, crashes, needs debugging. I installed the entire Office 2003 Pro. I can't use it & must use Yahoo or something else for email. I have Trend Micro for anti virus & email, but I"m still having trouble. What is going on? Why is it freezing & crashing? Try Detect and Repair and a new profile via the Mail icon in Control Panel. "d. rahim" <drahim1122@netscape.net> wrote in message news:eh2FTzohFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 worked fine on XP SP1, but on XP SP2, it...

How do I update Excel 2000 macros to work in Excel 2002?
Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel 2000, I get an error message "Subscript out of range". How do I update the macro to work in Excel 2002? Hi normally the macro should work without a problem. Best to post the part of your code which generates this error -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BobPetrich" <BobPetrich@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CF34907-0A45-4392-8F04-556EFB1F89E4@microsoft.com... > Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel > 2000, I get a...

How do I subtract 20% from one column in Excel and place totals i.
I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20% from totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on same spreadsheet. Can anyone help? Spent way to long trying to figure out correct formula. =A30*80% assuming totals in A30 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Full Effect Landscaping" <Full Effect Landscaping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ACF893B-54DF-4EE4-A931-3BB5FA365821@microsoft.com... > I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 2...

Month display in Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar
When using Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar in Month view, Saturday and Sunday are combined as one square (yes, they do have the date numbers and a line between them). This may be convenient for people using Outlook only for business purposes, but if someone were to have a job that involved weekends, or was not using Outlook for business purposes at all (which is my case), this could be extremely annoying. I would like to know if there is a way to display the Month view as the standard Sunday on the left and Saturday on the right, with Monday through Friday in between. I want all d...

Some emails do not pop from my gmail account
I am using Total Access Emailer to send email messages. It uses a local smtp server on my computer. I am sending test messages to my gmail accounts, some of the mails are then being pop'd to my outlook 2007, but others are not. For example, I sent 3 examples of one mail & report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, and all 3 pop'd to outlook I then sent 3 examples of another report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, only 1 pop'd to outlook I then sent 3 examples of the third report - all 3 arrived in my gmail webmail account, non pop'd to o...

New Email addresses
I am looking for a way to change all of my users email addresses to use one standard naming convention. Currently we have a wide mix of formats. I would like to settle on firstname.lastname@domain.com Is there a tool or utility that I can use to force a change and make the new ones the default address as well as keeping the original address. thanks LDIFDE will do this. You could also add the new address to your recipient policy and force it to run, but that might have side effects you don't like. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!...

how do i set up a "send as attachment" shortcut in in a document
I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would enable the viewer to enter data, click on the button, and then have the document sent to an assigned email address as an attachment. Check out Ron's articles on working with worksheets/workbooks in email: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb268022.aspx -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "SB47MASS" wrote: > I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would > enable the viewe...

After clicking Reply the window opens but Outlook stays on top
When replying to an email Outlook usually opens the window on top of the program so the Outlook window is covered. However, occasionally when I click on Reply it opens a "reply" window underneath the Outlook window. I have to minimize Outlook to access the reply email. This is an intermittent problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

Forward generic email to multiple accounts?
Hi! We have several "generic" email accounts; "info@xyz.com", "sales@xyz.com", etc. We need to make sure several different individuals receive any email sent to these accounts. The forwarding feature in the user account properties only permits one address as a forwarded recipient. Permitting users to "also check these mailboxes" in Outlook seems to direct the email to whomever checks the generic mailbox first. How do we get mail the generic mail to several people simutaneously?? Thanks! create a mailing list and forward to that list "S...

Outlook 2003 locks up while adding address to new mail message
I have Outlook 2003 installed with Business Contact Manager and Word as my email editor. Frequently, Outlook will lock up while I'm in the process of creating a new message and adding my first address in the To: field. I suspect that it has something to do with the AutoComplete feature as it appears to occur when the name is not automatically recognized or displayed even though it has been previously. Has anyone else encountered this bug and/or found a solution? I have the latest Outlook SPs installed. Haven't seen it, but it is more likely a corrupted profile than a corrup...

Need help #2
I have a column full of photo names such as 2801.JPG. There are aroun 500+ image names in this column. What I need to do is add "photos/" i front of every image name in this column; e.g. "photos/2801.JPG". I there any way to do this other than one at a time. It would take a ver long time doing it this way. Thanks for your help example: _current_ 2801.jpg 2802.jpg 2803.jpg _What_I_need_ photos/2801.jpg photos/2802.jpg photos/2803.jp -- trima ----------------------------------------------------------------------- trimax's Profile: http:...

2 Bugs: PasteSpecial syntax & EnableEvent in ws_deactivate
Can somebody please look at this? I give the subs with remarks and you find two bugs in it. Bug 1 = sub FormulaPaste , Bug 2 = sub Worksheet_Deactivate Bug #1: When I move out from the sheet and in again, I always get an error on the row ".PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone" Why? It works fine afterwards if I resume the debbuger mode and copy - paste from and to cells within the same sheet !!! When I hold the marker over the code at " With selection" I see the text of the content into the selected/activated cell. Should it not idication the range? I...

not enough memory to print excel ws in 7
other office files will print as well as other excel files, but this one says there is a problem with the printer, or maybe memory. Everything else is closed. ??? mrdave wrote: > other office files will print as well as other excel files, but this one says > there is a problem with the printer, or maybe memory. Everything else is > closed. ??? How big is the Excel file? How much memory do you have? Are printer drivers up to date? Need more info. Bill ...

Workflow Routing in Outlook 2007
Since work flow email routing has been discontinued in Outlook 2007 what are the alternative for users who are used to that functionality? ...

Templates that were in Excel 97
My computer crashed and I lost all my templates. We ended up buying a new computer with Excel 2002. I can't find the invoice template that I had before. Is there a template that I'm not finding on the website so that I can have the same format as I had before? Basically I'm looking for the invoice toolbar where I could just push the button and it would advance it to the next invoice number. I don't necessarily need the same format, I'm just looking for the invoice toolbar. Please help me. [a1]=[a1]+1 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX dona...

Outlook 2007 Uppgifter
I Outlook 2003 använde jag alltid kortkommandon, dvs. tangent + understruken bokstav. Framför allt "Ctrl+n" för att snabbt hoppa till Påminnelse och ange datum/tid. I Outlook 2007 är fortfarande "n" i Påminnelse understruket, men funkar inte som kortkommando. Hur gör jag för att understrukna bokstäver ska fungera som kortkommandon? -- Kersti In which exact window are you looking? The main Outlook window or the mail composing window? CTRL+N is the keyboard shortcut for creating a new message in the English ...

how do you search for a file in Excel 07?
cannot find File Search, or Search for File in my new 07 version. Help has been help-less. Application.filesearch was removed in xl2007. Ron de Bruin shares some alternatives here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/fso.htm and http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm btc4 wrote: > > cannot find File Search, or Search for File in my new 07 version. Help has > been help-less. -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook 2002 takes so long to open
Outlook takes too long to open. I am using OfficeXP Standard.Any suggestions? Try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0c2501c3b9f5$3e55ead0$a001280a@phx.gbl, Delsa wrote: > Outlook takes too long to open. I am using OfficeXP > Standard.Any suggestions? ...