Excel multiple selections

I have a report that is updated each day. Within one field
I have the possibility of many values that need to be
added into it.
I have been trying to get a combo box to return multiple
selections from a listing I have created but it will only
return one.
How do I make it return multiple selections?
Or should I be using another tool to do this?
Regards,
Trev

I think you need to post a little more information. Are you saying your combo
box only displays one item? or you need to select multiple items from your combo
box?

--
Bob Sweet
Bsweet123@email.uophx.edu
"Trev" <Trevor.Bilney@Originenergy.com.au> wrote in message
> I have a report that is updated each day. Within one field
> I have the possibility of many values that need to be
> added into it.
> I have been trying to get a combo box to return multiple
> selections from a listing I have created but it will only
> return one.
> How do I make it return multiple selections?
> Or should I be using another tool to do this?
> Regards,
> Trev

0
bsweet123 (4)
9/29/2003 1:48:06 AM
I need to select multiple items from my combo box.
So I have a listing of values and I want to bring as many
of those values back to that field as I choose.
Is this possible, in some way?

Forms in Excel
I use Excel very little. I have seen forms used for data input but I have failed to find any refernce to them in HELP or in the tutorials that I have found. Where can I learn more? Thanks, Robin Chapple Have a look at http://spreadsheets.about.com/library/weekly/blexuserform2. htm Bob Umlas Excel MVP >-----Original Message----- >I use Excel very little. > >I have seen forms used for data input but I have failed to find any >refernce to them in HELP or in the tutorials that I have found. > >Where can I learn more? > >Thanks, > >Robin Chapple >. >...

Missing Leading zero when importing in excel
I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is there a way to avoid this, thx. Change the properties of that field to "Text" in Excel. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@bmsar.com "MOI" wrote: > I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I > import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is...

Macro to export Smartlist to Excel
Hi I would like to create a macro to open smartlist, select a query and export it to Excel. I have saved the query as a favourite and set up the Export Solutions to save the query to an excel file. However macro stops during the export to excel stage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You should have recorded the macro up to the point of smartlist exporting the data to excel and shifting back the focus on your smartlist and stop the macro recording. When you played back the macro you will discover that a dialog box informing you how long the macro ran and when you ...

access
For a scheduling program, I have a detail record with a date field (TDate), Amount, and integer field (TNumber). On a report I need to print the detail Tnumber times, incrementing the TDate by one each time: [Detail Section] Tdate Amount Tdate+1 Amount Tdate+2 Amount etc I tried using undefined variables and a For-Next Loop, but it only prints the last value it calculates. Private Sub Detail_Format(...) Dim i as integer for i=1 to me.tnumber me.PrintDate=me.Tdate-1+i me.PrintAmount=me.amount me.print next i I'm open to suggestions, short of making a temporary table. thanks. W...

Multiple Exchange Servers on one domain
Is it possible for two exchange servers to use the same domain name with each accepting mail for specific addresses? I have two sites several thousand miles apart that are on the same network but I would prefer that they each have a local exchange server rather than a centralized one. Can this be done without some type of replication solution? "MJG" <MJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0754729A-03D9-47E8-BFCD-AA66DF275249@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for two exchange servers to use the same domain name with > each > accepting mail for sp...

combo box not selecting
My intent is to create a combo box on a form that will allow the user to choose a name from the combo box (ordered as last name, first name), and when you click on that name, the form goes to the record that holds that name. I was able to create the combo box, and I can choose a name from it, but it does not go to the record associated with that name. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. --ds On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:23:04 -0700, Debbie S. wrote: > My intent is to create a combo box on a form that will allow the user to > choose a name from the combo box (ordered as last name, fi...

Problem of Truncation on Excel 2003
When I open a spreadsheet (saved on an earlier version of Excel) in Excel 2003, the "cell wrapped" cells lose most of the ending information, as if there were some sort of limit on the amount of data to be stored. The spreadsheet in question has links, which I do NOT want updated. I have been working with Excel for as many years as it has existed, therefore you may consider I am not making a mistake. We need this problem fixed ASAP. Additional information: Just discovered that the problem is in the handling of MERGED cells. Only the first cell of the merged group is kept ...

Re page numbers in excel
Is it possible to move where headers and footers are shown, like you can do in word. My example a report with landscape and portrait and i would be the page number to be at the side of the landscape document Thanks ...

Excel and PDA's
I want to use a excel form that I created using Macros, but my PDA using Windows doesn't not recongnize them. Is there a way for the PDA to use the macros? Thank you, Dan Hi Dan As far as I know, no. Pocket Excel is emphasis Pocket. However, if you have a spare amount of time and money, you can create just anything for Windows Pda's with Visual Studio.NET. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Dan Young" <d1rmrc@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:3CBDF40E-530A-4DFC-8174-9207167AE90B@microsoft.com... > I want to use a excel form that ...

Is it possible to set an alarm in EXCEL?
Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to set an alarm in Excel. I' working with a lot of dates in Excel and I've got one column which i called "DATE OF NEXT ACTION" and at that date I'll need to call specific client. I know that I can filter the data on that column. But is there a way t set Excel so that something pops up on the screen? Or any other possibility that Excel checks the dates in that column an makes me aware if today's date is the same as the one in the column? If not, is there another software that can do that? Thanks so much for any help yo...

How can I graph the #of times a certain word is found in Excel?
For example I have a list of reasons of what brand of butter a group of customers choose to buy.... How can I take the number of times "I can't believe it's not butter" is listed as compared to "Brommel and Brown", etc. and graph them accordingly onto one graph so if I have 512 occurances where customers chose "I can't believe it's not butter" and 256 occurances where customers chose "Brommel and Brown" - then I would like the graph is twice as large for the "I can't believe it's not butter". Hi, Just put in an ...

Excel help #5
Hi, Can anyone please help me. I was trying to enter the below no in excel. 0000081563 But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563. how can i enter zero's infront of the number. Any help will be great. THanks -- kaushi Try formatting entry cell as "Text" before you enter the 0000... value. HTH Regards, Howard "Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45786724-0795-4E0D-AA9C-7C9EFF8AD564@microsoft.com... > > Hi, > > Can anyone please help me. > I was trying to enter the below no in excel. > > 000008...

excel 2000 Program error
When try to work on excel sheet I get this error "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. you will need to restrat the program. An error log is being created" Thx Seenu ...

Adding Excel Spreadsheets to a website #2
Anybody? Bueller -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27745 ...

Calling a Public Sub inside Excel from Access
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I am opening from within Access: Dim xl As Excel.Application Dim wrk As Excel.Workbook Set xl = New Excel.Application Set wrk = xl.Workbooks.Open(Filename:="file.xls") I would like to call a routine within the Excel file after opening it (I want to set up a commandbar depending on how and where Excel is opening from my database application). However, I can't figure out where to put such a routine so that it is accessible. I tried putting a Public Sub into a module file, then calling it like: wrk.MySub "param" Howe...

Multiple criteria count
Hi ppl, Well what i want the formula to calculate is, count the rows whic contains lets say "Companyname" in column B and "yes" in column I. But with the formula i use now it doesn't include the rows wit "Companyname USA" so how can i achieve this ?? And this is what i got so far: {=SUM(IF('2003'!B1:B1500="companyname";IF('2003'!I1:I1500="yes";1;0)))} Thnx in Advance Siny- ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://...

Outlook Coding
I have code to send emails progamtically from a module in Excel 2000 using OUtlook 2000, but now I need to have the code select 1 of 5 different email addresses and potentially a different mail server. Any ideas? --------------------------------- Set NewMail = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objmail = NewMail.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objmail .To = Email .Subject = "Quotes for " & Name .Body = emailtext .Send End With Set NewMail = Nothing Set objmail = Nothing ---------------------------------- Submitted...

where can i get a excel league table template?
for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70B7EB1-F42D-4B54-9E9C-76F4394B34FC@microsoft.com... > for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games ...

Excel Column References
My spread sheets have spontaneously switched from giving column refs as letters to numbers. Instead of A, B, C etc they now show 1,2,3.......... Why has this happened and, more to the point, how can I correct it? Thanks in advance for advice Nic <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, *Uncheck* R1C1 reference style. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Nic Siddle" <NicSiddle@nsiddle.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news...

(excel) �nderung einer aktiven Zelle w�hrend der Eingabe wahrnehmen
Hi Hat jemand eine Idee wie ich �nderungen in einer aktiven Zelle w�rend der Eingabe wahrnehmen kann, mittels VB. zB.: einzelne Zeichen z�hlen ...... und wenn z.B. 6 �berschritten werden signal ausgeben. habe mal folgendes probiert: Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) leider funktioniert das nur beim Verlassen der Zelle bin f�r jeden Gedanken dankbar Mfg Enrico I'm not going to try to guess how to phrase this in German. Worksheet_Change or Data > Validation, select a formula condition, and enter the formula =LEN(X99)<=6 where X99 would be the active...

XML and Excel!
Hello! I need a XML-Export for my Software. Now I have created some test files, which can be read under XML Notepad or Internet Explorer whitout any error. But if i want to open the file under Excel, i get the following problems: 1.) Data fields with only numbers are displayed twice. 2.) The data fields where sortet in alphabetical order automatically. I want a standard XML-File which works with every Software. Can anyone help me, or give me a hint? Thanks and greetings, christian. Sorry Christian, No such thing exists. "Christian-Josef Schrattenthaler" <NoSpam@Thank.Y...

Multiple connections from ADP to SQL Server with OpenConnection
I have an ADP project with a back end SQL Server. I'm using the following code to connect to the database. But this will only allow me one user to connect using the front end ADP. Once the first user has logged on a second user cannot seem to connect as it can't open anotehr connection. Does anyone know how I can overcome this or is there a way of specifying/allowing multiple connections? Application.CurrentProject.OpenConnection _ "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;" _ + "Persist Security Info=false;" _ + "Initial Catalog=" & strDa...

Locking records in a form based on a combo box selection
I have read all I can find but still can't get this right. I have a combo box with a selection of either Yes or No in a field called P5Pd and I want to lock records if it Yes is selected. I have the following code, but it is locking ALL records and not just if P5Pd = "Yes" Sub Form_Current() If Me.P5Pd = "Yes" Then Me.AllowEdits = False End If End Sub In addition to the above information, I would like to say that I can edit other records, but once I have passed that record either forwards or backwards (e.g. if it is the 3rd record, I can edit ...

family budget template for excel
Is there a downloadable Excel template for family budget? Jack, Have a look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172321033.aspx Mike "Jack Fisher" wrote: > Is there a downloadable Excel template for family budget? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010233421033.aspx?pid=CT101172321033 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 05:51:01 -0800, Jack Fisher <JackFisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a downloadable Excel template for family budget? ...

Excel crashed with ntdll.dll when opening a file
Dears, My Excel crashed with ntdll.dll when opening a file Error signature AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 10.0.6834.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00010f29 I am using Office XP with SP3, Windows XP with SP2. Thanks B. G. ...