Excel Macro Help.....

I have this to insert Data from word to the first empty row in excel bu
somehow it replaces the first row and that's where it only insert
data...
Any Help?:rolleyes

Do you want to get the first empty row? For column A, that can be got with

    Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row+1

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"alihussain19 >" <<alihussain19.14rm4o@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:alihussain19.14rm4o@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I have this to insert Data from word to the first empty row in excel but
> somehow it replaces the first row and that's where it only inserts
> data...
> Any Help?:rolleyes:
>

> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)
4/15/2004 5:52:55 PM
Hi
how are you currently inserting the data?. Do you use a macro. If yes
you may post your code :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I have this to insert Data from word to the first empty row in excel
> but somehow it replaces the first row and that's where it only
inserts
> data...
> Any Help?:rolleyes:
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
4/15/2004 5:55:10 PM
Post some code so I know what you are up to...

Just a guess, but the row that should be pasted is probably determine
by this statement:

iRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

Excel 97 dropdown function box
The dropdown function box on the Formula Bar show formulas but will no longer show "More Functions". How can I get this item back? ...

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

i need help automating, or at least simplifying, my charts
hey all, thanks to some wonderful techniques and tricks i have learned here on the forum i have created a series of rather complex charts. they have impressed my supervisors, and may even become a standard for the state to use. :) now, i need to come up with a way to produce these charts in far less time than they currently take. These charts are line profiles of State Park trails that are derived from GPS data I collected hiking the trails. They're purpose is to give the user a visual representation of the elevation gain and loss along the trail, with areas above a predetermined...

generate report thru pracle to excell
Recently i upgraded to ms office 2003 since then I'm not able to generate reports thru oracle unto excell (online ). But when I log in an administrator in the local system I'm able to generate the report. the same does not happen with domain users ...

Sharing Macros 06-07-10
Hello, I have created a template to be used within my group on the department share drive and it contains macros. How do I allow the other users to run the template on their computers if the macros on stored in my personal workbook? Thanks, CB First, does your template contain macros or are the macros really in your personal workbook? (I'm kind of confused(!).) As a general rule, I like to keep my data/formatting (stuff in template files) separate from the macros that workbooks based on the template uses. I think it makes it much easier. If the code is in the templat...

Vertical Header in Excel
Is there a way to make a header in excel run down the side of the spreadsheet (vertical header)? You can freeze panes so that certain columns are always visible. Is that what you meant? If yes, then make sure the column(s) that should be visible is showing. Then select the column to the right and window|Freeze Panes (in xl2003 menus) For instance if I wanted column A to be always visible, I would make sure column A is visible to start. Then select column B and window|freeze Panes. On 05/18/2010 09:09, Erika wrote: > Is there a way to make a header in excel run do...

finding the area under the curve in a graph in excel
Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in excel. Have a look at Bernard Liengme's website: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in >excel. >. > ...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Pasting Graphs as Pictures in Excel
In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to past Excel graphs as pictures within Excel. I know you can paste special as pictures within PPT, but is it possible to do it within Excel???? Not sure if that can be done, what I do is cop the graph, open mspaint paste, select it again copy and paste back into excel, it does it as an image -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andy.hogan@gmail.com" wrote: > In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to > past Excel gra...

Displaying a dataset or datatable in Excel
There's something I think ought to be easy, but I can't find a way to do it. Either there's something wrong with the way I'm searching, or there's a reason it can't be done easily. What I want is to create an excel addin that, when the user opens a spreadsheet , it goes out and fetches some data from a database, and displays it in a table. Pretty straightforward. Here's some code: void Application_WorkbookOpen(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook wb) {//I've also attached this to other events. The "open" event isn't...

Syntax for Re-registration of Excell
Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open error every time we launch a SS without opening the app first. Had a similiar problem with Word and fixed it with Winword /r. Thanks! Hi first you may check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for > re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open > error every time we launch a SS without opening t...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

Recovery excel file
Anybody knows if there is any free tools to recover a advanced excel file (using macro, graphics, formulas, and several formats)???????? Tks, Marcelo Rayol ...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

Powerpoint with Excel formatted information
My team has an excel file with Text and Icons in a status report format. We use it to copy and insert paste into Powerpoint. After copying into Powerpoint, I try to select it and edit but powerpoint gives an error that says: "There isn't enough memory available to read the Excel file" Other team members use this same excel template and powerpoint and they can edit the information after it is copied to powerpoint. And I can use their files and they work fine. Only one team member has this issue so somehow this person's excel file is using a massi...

how do I open excel workbook If i forget my workbook password
I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, because I did not wanted to earase formulas accidently,but now I can't open it because I forget the password. Thanks for help Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "av8rart" <av8rart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D2443918-FEF4-41E6-92C4-9B19A293778A@microsoft.com... > I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, >...

Excel calculates wrong ????
I have had no luck figuring this out... I have a list of 8 positive and negative numbers that 2 decimal place each. The numbers sum to zero confirmed by a calculator, however exce sums them to (2.55654899E12). I do not know why excel calculates the with a small value left that is denoted by scientific notation. I checked the value of each number to ensure that it did not includ any extra decimals, and I even re-typed them. I have had this happen with several other lists of numbers that are n brainers to calculate, and excel added extra scientific notation to th total. I have no idea why ...

Output to excel ==> replace worksheet
Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it to replace worksheet only.Thank's "shiro" <shiro@myname?.com> wrote in message news:umONlZiRIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it > to replace worksheet only.Thank's How about, just replacing the contents of a cell, or cells? Dim appXL As Object Dim wkb As Object Dim wks As Object Set appXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set wkb = appXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\MyFolder\MyWorkBook.xls") Set wks = wkb.Worksheets(1) wks.Cell...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

Help with ActiveX
Hi all. I am just getting my feet wet using MFC and am having trouble with an ActiveX control I created. Essentially, I need an ActiveX control that is a container for local controls. What I have is a set of instruments with slightly different communications needs. My plan is to have separate controls for each instrument so that I can use a single exe for all of them. The exe provides the user interface while the ActiveX provides instrument feedback. There are no input fields on the ActiveX but there are several text fields and a progress bar. I am managing the text fields and progress bar in...

Help with formula #28
I have an excel spread sheet with formulas that work correctly, when I email them to another person and they open the attachment all looks ok. When they save the excel file to their PC and open it the formula cells now all have #Name in them. Anyone know what is causing this??? The error message gives us a clue: Excel can't find something - things to check: 1. Make sure the receivers all are using the same add-ins as the sender 2. Make sure that personal.xls is the same for the receivers as the sender 3. Make sure all defined names are the same -- Gary's Student "Play...

Please help, I know nothing
I am a very new at this and it is driving me crazy. For example, I want to add all of column A + column B and I want the answer to go in C. I want this action to always happen automatically. How do I do this...in easy, non-math language?? I understand the basic concept of the formula, but it will only do it in C1, e.g I also get the error #name? Where do I enter this "name" and what is it referring to I would appreciate any and all help Thanks Amme your question is a little vague do you want c1 to add a1 & b1 then c2 to add a2 & b2 If yes then in c1 type in =a1+b1 o...

excel v4
Does anyone know when Version 4 of Excel was introduced and/or retired http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042201c39e64$4f4d9ab0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know when Versi...