Excel links #6

I have a word document that I have a link to an excel
worksheet with. I need to know how to make the Excel
worksheet fit on the correct page width for a word doc.

In Excel it fits on one page width. But when I link it,
it doesn't fit the width.  This is due for a client today
I need help.
0
skyeh_99 (1)

Hi,

Can't you select it and drag to resize??

jr

0
anonymous (74722)
5/7/2004 8:15:09 PM
Skye, in Word, right-click the Excel Worksheet Object and select Format
Object. On the Size tab, scale it down until it fits.
--
DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com

"Skye" <skyeh_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a word document that I have a link to an excel
> worksheet with. I need to know how to make the Excel
> worksheet fit on the correct page width for a word doc.
>
> In Excel it fits on one page width. But when I link it,
> it doesn't fit the width.  This is due for a client today
> I need help.

0
DDMara (266)

I have an excel file split 1 and 2 how do I restore it please ?
I have an excel file split 1 and 2 how do I restore it please ? Close one of the windows and save what's left. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 05:53:01 -0700, Excel file save <Excel file save @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an excel file split 1 and 2 how do I restore it please ? ...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

Excel Cell formulas
How would I make a cell show its results in another cell, without haveing to enter, any kind of formula into that cell that I wanted the results displayed? Open Excel Select Sheet1 Alt+F11 Copy: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Sheet1.Range("B1").Value = Sheet1.Range("A1").Value End Sub Past on the white sheet. Alt+F11 Write in A1 Enter -- ---------------------------- Mauro Gamberini "adame9176" <adame9176@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:039DB43A-46D3-4AED-8F88-EE072B894377@microsoft.com... >...

An Excel Doc is "missing"
An Excel document that I access every month or so is not there... can't find it in Documents or Search. If I open a new excel doc, the title shows up as recent Excel docs, but it directs to a shortcut on my desktop. If I click it it responds with "could not be found". I'm the only one using this computer, and I don't have a backup of the document; any suggestions? If I scanned a copy of the document, could I put it back in Excel? Thanks & Best Regards.................. <tomfeller> Hi If you know when the document was created you could do a search o...

Excel 2007 List Comparison
Hi I have a list of names and address in Excel 2007, some have which have been modified/changed, ie addition of postcode, or streename spellings modified etc. I cannot find a forumla or function which will enable me to compare my before and after lists and be able to indicate row by row what has changed. I need to do this for internal audit purposes, and I'm sure this is possible in SQL but I have no SQL skills. Does anyone know how I could do this? Thanks Well, for a quick and dirty comparison I just use some simple formulas. Say I have a list on Sheet1 A1:C10 that I want to c...

Reading old files with excel or word 2000
I have several old MSMultiplanfiles and want to read them with word or excel2000. How can I do this.-- geometeocalpe Whilst I have no experience with Multiplan, the Wikipedia entry suggest that your file would be something like text format, so you could try vi Data, Import External Data, Import Data, locate the file, and set th delimiters to suit your data. -- geoexcel Wrote: > I have several old MSMultiplanfiles and want to read them with word or > excel2000. How can I do this.-- > geometeocalp -- Bryan Hesse --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Is Excel 2000 compatible with Windows 98 and or ME?
I am wondering if excel 2000 is compatible with windows 98 or ME. I know excel 2003 is not and I prefer not have to buy 2 new computers. Just wondering if 2000 is compatible. I use xl2002 with win98SE (and until last week, win98!). You should have no trouble with xl2k. dickerdmann wrote: > > I am wondering if excel 2000 is compatible with windows 98 or ME. I know > excel 2003 is not and I prefer not have to buy 2 new computers. Just > wondering if 2000 is compatible. -- Dave Peterson Thanks man. I appreciate the quick response and help. DE "dickerdmann" wrote...

Make Excel view show active cell in top left with VBA?
I am using a vba macro to go to various ranges on a sheet. When the range is selected, I would like for Excel to align the top left cell of the range to be the top left cell in the view. So, whether I select cell A5 or cell A127, for instance, I want that cell to be at the top left corner of the current view. Thanks, Russ Application.Goto Reference:=ActiveCell, Scroll:=True Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 21:10:19 -0700, Russ3Z <russ3z@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am using a vba macro to go to various ranges on a sheet. When the >range is selected, I would like for ...

Inserting EXCEL into WORDS
Hello! Friends: I try to insert an EXCEL worksheet into WORDS by using (in WORDS)INSERT/OBJECT/CREATE FROM FILE/(XL filename). The inserted XL worksheet includes the blank columns that extend into the right margin of the WORDS page. How can I exclude these intruding blank columns so that it looks nicer on the monitor screen? Also, will the grids in the worksheet showed on the printed WORDS pages? If so, how can I hide the grids? Thanks. P.S. Please pardon me if this question should better be posted in the WORDS forum. Hi Lee Firstly, try TOOLS/OPTIONS/VIEW and uncheck the gridlines...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

Excel Reference points to original file
Hello, I have 2 worksheets in a template workbook. Cell F13 of “work sheet 2” is referencing to G11 of “work sheet 1” using this reference(=' work sheet 1'!G11) I am programmatically copying the worksheets from template workbook to a new workbook and populating data into 'work sheet 1'!G11. 'work sheet 2'!F11 is not getting the value of 'work sheet 1'!G11. Instead 'work sheet 2'!F11 is pointing to the template workbook. This is what I see in the formula bar (='http://localhost/mydir/templates/[My Statement.xls]work sheet 1'!G11). I w...

Re-post: How to maximize the Excel window?
I set schedule to open excel file, when it opens, the excel window's size is not maximized, and I have tried your approach, for manually opened approach, it works, but it still does not work on opening excel file, which is triggered by schedule task. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Dave Peterson" wrote: > You could create a new workbook and store it in your XLStart folder that > contains a macro that runs each time excel is opened. > > Lots of people use the name Personal.xls for this file. And they put all t...

How to put a SQL query in a single Excel cell?
I'm creating a spreadsheet that lists different queries. When we list the odd SQL query, we want to put the entire query in a single Excel cell that can be copied and pasted in SQL Query Analyzer. Is there a way to copy and paste the SQL query into the cell? We're finding that when pasting, Excel breaks it up into several lines. Additionally, typing it out doesn't always properly format the query (like when there are comments within the query)... Is what I'm looking to do even possible? Kris - you'll find that Excel cells only hold 255 characters which seems li...

Error exporting to excel CRM 3.0
when i try to export any data to excel worksheet on a computer with Server 2003 and Office XP, excel opens but just after that i get erorr that specified file cannot be opened, on any other it works fine, could it be because of Office XP? does Server 2003 requires Office 2003 to work properly with such a matter? ...

Excel
Is it possible to convert day of year to date format (assuming all date are 2004) e.g. 001 to 01 January 2002 or 366 to 31 December 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =DATE(2004,1,your_value) Frank > Is it possible to convert day of year to date format (assuming all > dates are 2004) > e.g. 001 to 01 January 2002 > or 366 to 31 December 2004 > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks Frank this works perfectl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

MS Excel Sheets...how to copy and paste one excel sheet into another?
I have MS Excel 97 How to merge 2 or more MS excel Sheets ? MS Excel Sheets...how to copy and paste one excel sheet into another? I've tried this like I would normally do with Notepad or Word and it says: The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and the paste area are not the same size and shape. Try one of the following: ..Click a single cell and then paste. ..Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste. I tried everything but I cannot do a simple cut and paste. can anyone please help me Thanks in advance, Tina Tina; Did you try this: ...

excel fails to launch
If I double click on an exisitn Excel file in say Windows Explorer, Excel opens but as a blank. The only way to open an existing file is through the File open menu option. Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *UNCHECK* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "NFEI" <NFEI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Excel File search function
Can anyone suggest how to search for a numeric value randomly across a specific network drive to come up with the file it resides in ? I have two laptops with office 2003 . One will search a numeric value and find on specified drive , other will not. Both identicle versions and search preferences set the same in excel's file search under file on tool bar. I compared side by side. They are however running on a company windows Xp Pro version image but excel has not been modified and should be stock. Function was working great and just stopped recently, these systems receive HP...

Excel version to work with latest WinXP update?
I've been using Excel 97 for about ten years. It does everything I need a spreadsheet to do, and I've never felt any need to upgrade. However, the latest automatic update to my Windows XP computer broke Excel -- when I try to run it now I just get a message saying it's no longer supported, and I need to upgrade. (Thanks a lot, Microsoft.) So my question is, How recent a version do I need, to work with WinXP now? I have no intention of springing for the newest version at retail, but I could see what's available used on eBay -- if I knew how recent the version has to be. Failin...

Is there an easy way to copy my Intuit Quicken files to Excel?
I just want to copy my Quicken records to an Excel file? Is there an easy way to do this? try here http://tinyurl.com/buop6 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kelowna" <Kelowna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DCD2789-DBDC-449B-AB8D-55191399ECFB@microsoft.com... > I just want to copy my Quicken records to an Excel file? Is there an easy > way to do this? Kelowna What format are the Quicken files? I don't use Quicken, but there may be an "Export to" feature or a File>Save as Type. Excel can handle *.txt and *.cs...

Excel security update causes system to label Excel files as damage
After the recent installation of the KB918419 Security Update for Excel update on our network, problems occurred with a number of reports that we run regularly. These reports are coded in Perl and generate formatted Excel spreadsheets from a database. On opening the spreadsheets Excel claims the file is "damaged" and must be repaired. Repair seems to involve the removal of all formatting. Removal of the security update from our system caused the problem to stop, but this is a temporary solution. Removal of the code from the reports that sets the column size also solves the pro...

Advanced filter for groups to in Excel
Hello - I have a server inventory list that I'm trying to organize for end users based on what group the servers belong in. Some servers belong exclusively in our "Staging 1" environment, some servers belong exclusively in our "Staging 2" environment, and some are shared between the two. I have a column that is named, "Environment" and right now I have assigned the exclusive servers to their appropriate groups however the ones that are shared need to be categorized by something like, "Staging 1 and 2." The problem I'm facing is that I want som...

How do I extract text info from 1 excel worksheet into many?
I have to design a spreadsheet at work which will contain the results of a questionnarre. The first worksheet will contain all repsonses. The first question will be the location of respondee, and I wish to create a separate worksheets for respondents from each location, so, for example, the 2nd worksheet will only contain information from individual responses from Nottingham, the 3rd worksheet for Leeds, etc. Any help appreciated. Hi Why not just use Autofilter? I assume you have 1 row per response, with a column for each question answered. Mark your headers, Data>Filter>Autofilt...

Problems with 6 Serial Port in ICOP VDX-6327
Hi everybody, I'm trying to use 6 serial ports in VDX-6327 (Win CE 6.0 R3), but I only can use COM1 to COM4 and COM6. In BSP (Vortex86DX_60B: 2009-10-28) and in platform's manual the configuration of IRQ/Address are the same, but not for COM5 and COM6: Manual: COM5: IRQ4/338h COM6: IRQ3/238h BSP: COM5: IRQ6/220h COM6: IRQ15/228h I tried both, but only with the last one (BSP) I can get work COM6 (not COM5). so, address in manual are wrong? I tried changing IRQ to others (to floppy and parallel port IRQ; i'm not using those), but nothing: i just can get work COM...

envelope list from excel
I have a list of names and addresses in an excel work sheet. How can I generate a label list for a mailing from it? Louis Louis Labels from within Excel alone is a trial and error operation. Best to use Word for the mailmerge operation. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels. http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID...