excel links #5

Running excel X for a mac, 2001. Have workbooks with links that are
not locatable by searching for "!" in worksheets, and link to deleted
Workbooks. Am unable to find link source, or find link destination
workbook, or change links. Copying worksheets to a new Workbook
takes the links with them. Have exhausted net search. Can anyone help
me to kill these pesky links, please?
0
mikerobe (1)

Mike

Sometimes the links are in Names in Insert>Name>Define.

In addition..............

Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site.

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

With this add-in you can find and delete all those elusive links.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:27:51 -0800, "Mike Roberts" <mikerobe@silk.net> wrote:

>Running excel X for a mac, 2001. Have workbooks with links that are
>not locatable by searching for "!" in worksheets, and link to deleted
>Workbooks. Am unable to find link source, or find link destination
>workbook, or change links. Copying worksheets to a new Workbook
>takes the links with them. Have exhausted net search. Can anyone help
>me to kill these pesky links, please?

0
Gord

Excel, date
I have on cell that has an original manfg. date 1/1/90 (this date will change) the next hydro date is either 3 or 5 years depending on the date. prior to 1/1/91 cylinder must be done every three years and after 1/1/91 they must be done every 5 years. I am stuck on the formula asd I have it now =IF($D$3<B16,1095+D3,1825+D3) any assitance would be of great help. Thnaks Using named cells: Manfg_Date: [any date] Ref_Date: 1-Jan-91 Interval: =IF(Manfg_Date<Ref_Date,3,5) Last_Hydro: [any date] Next_Hydro: =Date(Year(Last_Hydro)+Interval, Month(Last_Hydro), D...

Exchange 5.5 on Win2k in AD
List, Hi, we have Ex 5.5 on a NT 4.0 server in a NT domain, as well as a Ex 2k on a Win2k server in a AD domain. But can Ex 5.5 work on a Win2k server in a AD domain? I can't think of any reason why not, but was asked the question and wanted to get a broader experience. We have to keep the Ex 5.5 server for the foreseeable future. Thanks in Advance. Tom. Hi Tom, Yes, Exchange 5.5 can work in Active Directory domain. It can even run on Windows 2000 server. I had this configuration for quite some time in one of my network environments. Note: still you will not be able to use a...

Excel Footers #3
Can anyone tell me how to add more than 255 characters to an Excel Footer please? Hi AFAIK you can't -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9D0D1493-F79F-4EA6-8A0C-F6904FD11EA4@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to add more than 255 characters to an Excel Footer > please? ...

Reset Bottom of an Excel spreadhseet
Is there a way to reset the end of a spreadsheet to the last cell that has information in it? When I press End Home, I am landing on row 6,448 even though I selected rows 500 - 6448 and hit delete. Also, another basic question. Sometimes a range of cells will increment to the next value and sometimes they won't. Is this just due to formatting differences in the cell? Thanks. Ken K. - 2191 -- akkrug Visit Debra's site at http://www.contextures.com/ She tells how to do just that best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "akkru...

Partially hidden Excel formula bar
In Mac OS 10.5, Excel 2008 won't show a complete formula bar. The left side is cut off. I've tried adjusting my display settings, deleting plist files, and uninstalling/reinstalling Office 2008. IF I log in as another user, I get a clear view of the whole formula bar. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thx. In article <65B2FAAD-8DD3-4D0C-8AF6-DC5EF62C71E6@microsoft.com>, Eqbal00 <Eqbal00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Mac OS 10.5, Excel 2008 won't show a complete formula bar. The left side > is cut off. I've tried ad...

How do I get both horizontal and vertical frozen panes in Excell
How does one get both horizontal and vertical frozen panes in Excell spreadsheets? Tried split as described by Microsoft and it does not operate as desired. Am looking to have the first row be 'frozen' at the top when scrolling down and the first 3 columns 'frozen' at the left when scrolling across. You should be able to select cell D2 and select freeze pane and have it do what you want. "CraigScherer" wrote: > How does one get both horizontal and vertical frozen panes in Excell > spreadsheets? Tried split as described by Microsoft and it does not oper...

How do I create a Gantt Chart in Excel 2003?
Greetings. I vaguely remember being in a training class that showed how to make a Gantt Chart in Excel. Alas, I've lost those notes eons ago. Does anyone know how to create a Gantt chart in Excel? Hi, A good place to start looking from. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html Cheers Andy Bewildered KG wrote: > Greetings. > I vaguely remember being in a training class that showed how to make a Gantt > Chart in Excel. Alas, I've lost those notes eons ago. Does anyone know how > to create a Gantt chart in Excel? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel ht...

Excel 4 macro to VBA translation
Where can I find a good reference source where I can lookup and translate Excel 4 macro codes to their VBA equivalence? Thanks for any help. Tom Tom, My .hlp version of the following has a section titled... "Visual Basic Equivalents for Macro Functions and Commands " I assume the .chm download version here will have the same... http://makeashorterlink.com/?K68332CBB Excel 2000 Help File: Running Excel 4.0 Macros Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Tom" <tclim36@zip.com.au> wrote in message news:BFLSe.28299$Le2.254141@nasal.pacific.net.au... Where can I find a g...

How can i create a link to a PDF document within my Publisher Email?!
Hello, I have created a newsletter to send to my clients using Publisher 2007. I need to insert a price list as a link within the body of the newsletter (NOT as an email attachment) , for example: ''Click Here to view our price list'' I need to create a link from 'Click Here' to open the PDF file which will display the price list. Is this possible? Anticipating your reply! Thank you in advance, Bonnie If you are willing to store the PDF file on a server, yes. Storing the PDF file on a server will require you to give it a website address but y...

12.1.5 is in autoupdate this morning, but not 11.5.3?
Hopefully later today? Odd that they weren't both there at the same time. - Steve Steve Maser wrote: > Hopefully later today? > > Odd that they weren't both there at the same time. My understanding from one of the MacBU developers is that a different part of Microsoft or maybe a different service altogether is responsible for posting the automatic updates to the distribution servers. Still, would be nice to have a more coordinated distribution system. -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps...

MS Office 4.3 Pro with Excel 5.0c
Hi All, This is probably a strange question Is there ANY possibility that I can still download this software anywhere. I've an old (but very good) 50000 lines Macro 4 program causing my Excel 2000 to crash. My old disks aren't trustworthy anymore. The main thing is the Excel 5.0c but the office 4.3 pro should be better. Indeed I'm an antiquity :):):) Nevertheless for me important. Hoping in a solution for which I'm grateful. Kind regards Eric Does Microsoft store such archive things on the net in FTP directories or something? I tried ebay.com and searched for "mic...

Openeing Excel File in New Window
I am having a Form in my Excel sheet which runs all the time. whenever I try to open a new Excel sheet. that Forms popup and restricts Excel file from openeing si I have to open a new window and then open that file in new window. Please help with HOW TO OPEN THE EXCEL FIEL IN A NEW WINDOW EVERY TIME. Do you mean a new instance of excel--running excel 2 times--not just having another window in the same instance? If yes, try: tools|options|general|Check the "ignore other applications" box Then open the second file by either double clicking it in windows explorer or by opening t...

Pivot tables Excel vs Access
I am trying to create a pivot table in Excel to assign exam grades in particular subjects to pupils. If I do this in Excel all the grades are changed to the value 1. If I do it in Access the grades are maintained - does anyone have any idea why this should be handled differently in these two office programs? At present I have a table in excel which I have to export to access to create the pivot table and then copy it back. Surely I shouldnt need to do this every time? Help!!!!!!!! If you format the grades as Percent, do they display correctly? Mike Eyre wrote: > I am trying to c...

Reports #5
When I do a report by Categories, it includes Transfers. How can I eliminate the Transfers? In microsoft.public.money, NedCaNYC wrote: >When I do a report by Categories, it includes Transfers. How can I eliminate >the Transfers? Click Customize in the left column. See the Category tab. Then what? "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, NedCaNYC wrote: > > >When I do a report by Categories, it includes Transfers. How can I eliminate > >the Transfers? > > Click Customize in the left column. See the Category tab. > In microso...

subtotal by page in excel
how can you subtotal at the end of each page in excel? Nothing in common in order to utilize the subtotal menu option. Can you elaborate on your situation. Do you need subtotals within a page or just a total at the end of each page? Are you linking formulas from one sheet to other sheets to capture "subtotals"? "michelle scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c97401c48a09$71e3f4c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how can you subtotal at the end of each page in excel? > Nothing in common in order to utilize the subtotal menu > option. ...

creating WMF files in Excel
I have a picture in my worksheet and want to save it as WMF file. Is it possible to do it ? Any chance you could copy and paste into your favorite graphics editor and then save from there? GeorgeM wrote: > > I have a picture in my worksheet and want to save it as WMF file. > Is it possible to do it ? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

error 5.1.3 STOREDRV.Submit; invalid recipient address #SMTP#
Hi We have been sending email to a distribution list for over a year now and just yesterday we recieved an error message for some on the list and the email addresses are still valid: The format of the recipient's e-mail address isn't valid. A valid address looks like this: username@contoso.com. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try sending the message again, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator. _____ Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Diagnostic i...

Excel 2002 Security Issue
When a user opens an Excel file that has macros, and if there security is set to medium or high, they get that dialog box that asks them whether or not to enable macros. With macro security set to Medium in Excle 2002, is there a way to disable the request. I have tried checking both check boxes in Trusted Sources, to no avail. Thanks for any guidance. The trusted sources approach will work, but only if the macros have a digital signature (indicating a source whom you can trust). The cheap way to create those signatures is for the macro author to find and run the selfcert.exe file...

Copy &amp; Paste table from Excel to Word
Folks, When I copy and paste an Excel table into Word the formatting goe awry. Yet this happens only occasionally. It's obviously something I' doing/not doing! I would be grateful for any assistance in this matter. Thanks very much Johnn -- Johnny37 Hi Johnny If formatting is a problem, one way to handle it is to copy/paste as picture rather than table. 1. select the range of cells in Excel that you want to copy. 2. Whle holding down the SHIFT key, pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture and do the copy 3. go to your word document and paste Since the object is a picture rather...

Excel 2007 Password Recovery
Hi, im in a fix as an employee has placed a password on open on one of my documents, she does not remember what the password is, can you help me to figure out how to recover this password. I have tried numerous recovery tools and still no luck. This document contains vital information and starting a fresh is not a option. Thanks Hi, You can buy a password cracking utility on the web, google Excel Password Cracker. This should tell you that passwords are not total security. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "OS360_ITMAN" wrote: > Hi, im in a fix as an employee has placed a...

Find a link to an external file
Hello, I'm working on a excel file constructed bij a person that doesn't work here any more. The problem with this excelfile is that there is a link to an external file wich excel can't find. I already tried to search for the filename he asks for in the equations and cels. But it doesnt result in any hits. How can I find this link so I can remove/change this cel. Does anyone has an idea? Tadashii. -- Tadashii ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tadashii's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=239...

Moving SMTP connector from 5.5 to 2003
Hi, We have recently installed a ex2003 server in order to upgrade from our existing 5.5 server. This all went ok and we have successfully moved the mailboxes/public folders etc from 5.5 to 2003. The only thing that remains to be done is to reconfigure the SMTP connector, as at the moment, all internet mail is still being routed via the 5.5 server. I take it we need to configure the SMTP virtual server but how do we stop it routing through the Internet mail connector on 5.5? We also have all our mail directed to the messagelabs service so I'm not sure if this complicates the process o...

Pdf File To Excel #2
How To Convert Pdf File Into Excel File. I Am Having Pdf File Which Are Created From Graphs & Want To Covert I Excel Pls Suggest Me Any Link Or Addins Thanks In Advance -- NITESH ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NITESH G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1759 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49602 You need to have one of the following, Adobe Acrobat Exchange (5.0) Acrobat Professional (6.0) or Acrobat 7.0. There are some other vendor who make programs which will...

Code for emailing Excel workbooks will only attach activeworkbook
Hi, Ok so when a non-programmer tries to take code and "tweak it" for a different use...here's what happens....it doesn't work. Can anyone help? What I've got is an Excel file I'm using as a template. I run a macro (not the one below) to create a report for Zone 1. I save the file with a name like "December report - Zone 1". Then I run the macro for Zone 2 and save the file with a name like "December report - Zone 2" and so on for many zones. Within the Excel file there is a sheet called Email. On the Email sheet, starting wit...

How to display 4 order Polynomial equation from the Excel in VB6
Hi there, How to display 4 order Polynomial equation from the Excel in VB6 ? I can display the Polynomial equation by the following code, onething unsatisfactory it returns a 2 order Polynomial equation by default. but I need to get the 4 order Polynomial equation for further process. Your earliest reply will be highly appreciated! ' Set the trendline to be a Logarithmic trendline. tlSeries1Trend.Type = chConstants.chTrendlineTypePolynomial Have a nice week end 对不起,我本意想问chartspace 控件中,如何显示4阶多项式的曲线。 Sorry, I correct my question as follows: " by default, ...