excel invalid page fault in Excel.exe

I get an invalid page fault when I try to open Excel from programs.  I
can open it from the start, run menu in safe mode.  Any help? Thanks,
Russ

Try the suggestions at www.cpearson.com/excel/startuperrors.htm ,
especially the section regarding customized toolbar files (xlb
files).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"rwdoughty" <rwdoughty.xyxsn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:rwdoughty.xyxsn@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide
to creating financial statements

0
chip1 (1821)

How can I enter a cell in excel with hotkey or combination off key
F2 ?? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "theo passier" <theo passier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DA5E96E-8A5B-43F2-A15B-210C14A94E0F@microsoft.com... > ...

Style added to "next page"
I have a document that I am using styles in. When I want to force a new page and apply a style to the first line in the new page, the style is also applied to the "next page" code. This would not be a problem, except the style I am using puts a shaded box around the text. So that leaves me with a shaded box at the end of the previous page. I can't find any where to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the style code: Font: Bold, Space After: 12 pt, No widow/orphan control, Don't keep with next, Don't keep lines together, Level 2, Patter...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

how to inset date in excel 07
How to insert date in excel cell Type the date in a cell and press enter or do ctrl + ; -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tse" <tse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42660BAE-0296-45BE-A5BE-010171C3D890@microsoft.com... > How to insert date in excel cell =now() - date and time or ctrl and ; - just the date "tse" wrote: > How to insert date in excel cell You could also use the formula: =Today() Try this!!! "tse" wrote: > How to insert date in excel cell When I do this it updates the time/date in all cells (using it to trac...

Excel says file is reserved
I have an Excel file shared by various people and it will not open completely because it says the file is reserved by one of our members. That person doe not have the file open and it won't even let him open the file. We have tried rebooting all the computers that use the file, but that didn't work. How do I get the reserve off of this file? Clear out the Temp directories on the computer that Excel says it is reserved for. c:\windows\temp and c:\Documents & settings\<user name>\Local settings\Temp (will need to set windows to show hidden and system files) Reboot &q...

excel formula problem #4
Thanks For That, It Works Brilliantly, Youre A Geniu -- jimbo69 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1421 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25844 ...

Creating Relative Links in Excel...
I've been tasked to create an Excel spreadsheet listing over 1,000 documents that are being housed on our web server. I'd like to create relative links so that when they are moved to staging and production, the links do not break. Does anyone know how to do this? -- colleenh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ colleenh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24727 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382936 When you say a 'list', do you mean a list of hyperlinks to...

2 Excel questions
Hello, I have two questions regarding Excel. First, how can I setup Excel (or Office in this matter) so that when I have a file open and choose to open another file, it opens the second file in a new window instead of wiping the first file off the screen and reaplacing it with the second. Secondly, I have an Excel file that calcuates some running totals on a daily log sheet. Each day is a new log sheet that requires some numbers from the previous day. Is there a way to export data from an excel sheet into some sort of location that when a new sheet is started, the current informa...

numbers in excel
I would likke to keep the numbers as I have fomatted it and as I see it in the program. Example: I have chosen 2 digits so that 1,3465 i s shown as 1,35. When I link to Word it is now imported ad 1,3465. I would likke to keep it to 1,35. Can you help me? -- JD Hi Jakob. Tools | Options | Calculation | Check the "Precision as displayed" option. Note that subsequently unchecking this option will not restore the original values. --- Regards, Norman "Jakob" <jakobnospam@internet.com> wrote in message news:68068D16-C988-4DF2-93A5-C46CB3E04D98@microsoft.com......

Excel Lags after printing
Whenever I print certain files in excel XP I experience a severe lag after doing so. What I mean is if a try and page up it just takes a really long time to refresh at the proper point. Same thing happens if I scroll with the arrow keys. These files are by no means large they are around 95k. I have updated the printer drivers and that did nothing. I added more Virtual memory and that helped a little. The only thing that fix's it is to close excel and re-open the file then it works fine again until the next time I print. ...

How do I stop web addresses becoming hyperlinks in excel?
Dear All, Excel is beginning to infuriate me with its ability to turn everything into hyperlinks. How do i switch it off so that when i enter a web address it just appears as text with no link, as it changes the font and colour when I remove the hyperlink Any help greatly appreciated Yours andy ...

How do I tie a web form to an excel database #2
I have created a webpage form in word. I would like to supply the data input into the form to an excel database auomatically. Can anyone give me an example or supply me with directions? Thanks ...

multiple prints in Excel
When I want to print a number of copies of a worksheet if I ask for a print preview I end up with a preview for each copy. Can I get one preview no matter how many copies I print. I am using Excel 2003. ...

Excel formula to add color filled entries
I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified color filled entries. EX. I have a spreadsheet of 2000 lines. I want it to add the 75 lines that I have highlighted yellow. Anyone have an aswer for me? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html Processing Coloured Cells -- HTH RP "Fustrated in Edmonton" <Fustrated in Edmonton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8970AF2F-B942-42CD-AF5C-3713BCEC92BC@microsoft.com... > I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified >...

Excel 2002 cannot copy data from website to excel
I have data in a website that looks like the following US 04872 - CASS CITY CASMI CTR 2 US 04881 - FLINT-SOUTH 4881 CTR 2 US 04885 - MOUNT PLEASANT MTPMI CTR 2 In previous versions of excel, when I copy this data it would put US in column 04872 in column - in column CASS CITY in column 4 and so on The problem is now when I copy this data and try to paste it into Excel 2002 I receive the following error "Microsoft Excel cannot paste data" What should I do? - Paste Special as text is not a good option cause it doesn't...

Excel macro to specify rows and columns to include in printouts
Is there an Excel macro that simulates the effect of specifying the rows and columns to repeat in a printout? I am looking for something that simulates the following operations: 1) Page Setup->Sheet [Tab]->Rows to repeat at Top Highlight the rows 2) Page Setup->Sheet [Tab]->Columns to repeat at Left Highlight the columns Thanks, Gus Try something like With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1" .PrintTitleColumns = "$A:$A" End With -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Softw...

word on mac opens and views in 2 pages i want 1 page view default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel when i open a word document i receive, the view is 2 page to the screeen, this is too hard to read, i want i page per scren, how do i default it to this to make my reading easier Adjust the Zoom on the document, then save it. Each document opens at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. Word 2008 does not give you a way to specify a default size. Older versions of Word enable you to use a macro to set the zoom, but Word 2008 has no macros. Cheers On 24/01/10 7:23 PM, in article 59bb187d.-1@webcr...

How do I print collated booklet pages?
I have a 16 page directory to print 125 copies from a HP4100DN. It duplexes fine and comes out collated as a single copy but when I spin up 60 copys they are not collated. Same results with or without collate being ticked in the print dialog box. MS Word collates multi-page jobs just fine through this PC to the same printer. Help! I have a second job of the same type and scale later this week and don't relish one click per copy printing. I just noted another POST from 12/04 reporting the same issue. "Phil Agur" wrote: > I have a 16 page directory to print 125 copies ...

Close Excel Completely Using VBA #2
Damn.......It does ask me if I want to save the changes. Can this be stopped by adding another code after the Application.Quit Hpoe you can help! Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27391 Hmm, it is working for me. Make sure you make a call to Save right before this call. Also make sure you save any other workbooks that might be open. Also make sure if ...

Relinking Excel table
Greetings: I have written a sub that reads the back end data location from a text file in my application folder. It successfully relinks the access tables, but I have an Excel table that won't reconnect. It gives me an Error 3125 indicating that " (not a typo, just a single double quote) isn't a valid name. The path and filename are correct and the Excel file actual exists in the specified location. Execution fails on the Refresh Link statement, but is, no doubt, cause by the Connect on the preceding line. Here's the code: Public Sub RelinkAllTables() Dim db As Databas...

Bizarre Excel Copy/Paste Date Issue
I'm working on 2 xls Excel 2000 files (with all Office Updates and Windows Updates applied on this WinXP PC). I'm copying a date from a cell in A.XLS and pasting it into B.XLS. Both cells are formatted as dates. I copy the 1/1/1999 from A.XLS but when I paste it into B.XLS, it shows up as 1/1/1994. There are NO formulas involved and I have auto-calculation ON. They are not text, they are true date entries. I've never seen anything like this and wouldn't know where to look for help on this except for here. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. -Rob Rob, One work...

excel chart size using inside positioning
Hi, I am trying to standardize the sizes of multiple embedded charts so I can copy the charts into Powerpoint. I can set the PlotArea ..Left,.Height,.Width,.Top numbers, but the left inside gridline of the chart still shifts a little inside the PlotArea, which I assume is related to the read only InsideHeight,InsideWidth, InsideLeft, InsideTop numbers. If you want to set the constant dimensions of the inside area, does anyone know a way to iterate through each chart to make these adjustments? Anyone responding to this may first want to check if there are any responses to the multi-pos...

Excel worksheet view
In Japanese 2000 version when I double click a workbook excel opens but the workbook is not displayed in normal view. If i change to full screen view the worksheet displays. If I exit in full screen mode and double click a workbook the workbook is not displayed until I select full screen again. When the workbook is not displayed I can check under window and the file name is shown as current. If I start excel first and then open the workbook displays normally. Any ideas? ...

OUTLOOK.EXE
Hello I cannot seemed to open any pdf files. error message says.. cannot locate outlook.exe. Cherry wrote: > Hello I cannot seemed to open any pdf files. error > message says.. cannot locate outlook.exe. PDF is Adobe's Portable Document Format and has nothing whatsoever to do with Outlook. PDFs require either Acrobat Reader or the full version (Acrobat) for viewing. Do you mean PST which is the format Outlook uses to store emails? Please post back and clarify. ...

page break views
how can i go back to normal view from page break view i have gone into view but it will not let me go back to normal work sheet thanks Go to View and select Normal view. >-----Original Message----- >how can i go back to normal view from page break view i have gone into view but it will not let me go back to normal work sheet thanks >. > ...