Excel instance used with "Export to Microsoft Excel" option in Internet Explorer

I use the "Export to Microsoft Excel" context menu frequently from
Internet Explorer, but find two aspects of this option difficult, and
was wondering if anyone has a way to get around these.  When I use this
option, it starts a new instance of Excel, even if I already have Excel
running.  If I use this option a second or subsequent time within one
execution of IE, each time I use it it creates another instance.

This means that if I right click on 5 different HTML tables and select
this option, I get 5 different copies of Excel, each with only one
created workbook with a worksheet with the data from the selected
table.  If I want to switch between the workbooks, I have to switch
applications from the task bar, versus the Windows menu.  Macros that I
run that process data from multiple open workbooks only see the single
workbook in the application.workbooks collection.

Another issue I have is that when the new instance is opened, it does
not open workbooks that I have in the %USERPROFILE%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART directory (I have a standard workbook that
adds a menu with a variety of macros that I use on a regular basis, as
well as Adobe Acrobat Add In in this directory--neither of these is
available).

I am running Windows XP Professional, Office XP (2002), and Internet
Explorer 6.0.  I have the following registry entry that sets up this
option in IE:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\E&xport
to Microsoft Excel]
@="res://C:\\PROGRA~1\\MICROS~2\\Office10\\EXCEL.EXE/3000"
"Contexts"=dword:00000001

Thanks for you help on this,
Karl Schweitzer

CHtmlView and "Export to Microsoft Excel"
All, I have created a class based off of CHtmlView to display reports in my application. If the user right-clicks on the view, the option "Export to Microsoft Excel" is given. This does not work correctly, and I wish to simply disable it. Is there any way to do this? Brian Are you populating the context menu with "Export To Microsoft Excel"? ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com No. This is a menu that is there by default with the MSHTML control. For instance, open IE, and right click a page. The "Export To Microsoft Excel" menu option is there too...

IE missing the Export to Microsoft Excel shortcut command
I'm using a computer with Vista, IE 7.0.6000.16711CO, Office 2003 SP3. The shortcut menu in IE does not have the "Export to Microsoft Excel" command, which I desperately need. The command appears on another machine running Win XP, and I don't recall having done anything special to enable or disable it - it was just there. I've been searching in Excel & IE Help, MS site, and the Web and can't find any advice about how to add this command. I posted this question to the IE discussion group, and someone suggested I post here. Can anyone help? thanks. The on...

Missing "Export to Microsoft Excel" option in Internet Explorer
I have one PC that has this and another that doesn't where do i get it? Both PCs are running the same version of each program on Windows 2000. ...

Excel instance used with "Export to Microsoft Excel" option in Internet Explorer
I use the "Export to Microsoft Excel" context menu frequently from Internet Explorer, but find two aspects of this option difficult, and was wondering if anyone has a way to get around these. When I use this option, it starts a new instance of Excel, even if I already have Excel running. If I use this option a second or subsequent time within one execution of IE, each time I use it it creates another instance. This means that if I right click on 5 different HTML tables and select this option, I get 5 different copies of Excel, each with only one created workbook with a worksheet w...

Export to Microsoft Excel from IE
i have a problem when using the right-klick feature "Export to Microsoft Excel" from Internet Explorer. The problem is that begining zeros (0) disappears in the export. A result in IE that looks like this : AreaCode 010 030 100 Appears i Excel like this: AreaCode 10 30 100 Trying to change the format of the cells in Excel to text and then refresh data doesn't help... Any suggestions? /Andreas You could set a custom format of 000 (3 digits?) Format>Cells>Number>Custom>Type = 000 "AndreasSjoberg" wrote: > i have a problem when using the right-kli...