Excel "Insert Comment" Formatting

Hi,

Windows XP Home
Excel 2002

How can I format the "Insert Comment" .....(open Workbook
> right click on a cell > left click > Insert
Comment)......in my Excel worksheet?

It opens now at Font Size 8. I would like it to open at a
larger Font Size and also have the Insert Comment window
saved at my chosen larger size (I know how to expand to a
larger size but want to save it at that size for next time
using Insert Comment in a different cell).

Thank you,
Larry

0
siskl (2)

Larry

Start > settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance Tab > Advanced.

Select Tooltip from Item dropdown.  Change to suit.

NOTE:  this setting affects all your programs.

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:46:22 -0700, "Larry" <siskl@msn.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Windows XP Home
>Excel 2002
>
>How can I format the "Insert Comment" .....(open Workbook
>> right click on a cell > left click > Insert
>Comment)......in my Excel worksheet?
>
>It opens now at Font Size 8. I would like it to open at a
>larger Font Size and also have the Insert Comment window
>saved at my chosen larger size (I know how to expand to a
>larger size but want to save it at that size for next time
>using Insert Comment in a different cell).
>
>Thank you,
>Larry

0
gdibben (257)
7/30/2003 3:19:05 PM
Gord,

Thank you for your help, I don't think I would have
thought to look there for the solution.  As you indicate
the change affects all my programs and this will be very
useful.

Larry

<siskl@msn.com> wrote:

>>Hi,
>>
>>Windows XP Home
>>Excel 2002
>>
>>How can I format the "Insert Comment" .....(open
Workbook
>>> right click on a cell > left click > Insert
>>Comment)......in my Excel worksheet?
>>
>>It opens now at Font Size 8. I would like it to open at
>>larger Font Size and also have the Insert Comment window
>>saved at my chosen larger size (I know how to expand to
>>larger size but want to save it at that size for next
time
>>using Insert Comment in a different cell).
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Larry
>>

>.

0
siskl (2)

Insert Comment Function
I am using Excel for our National Guard unit on a LAN system. The spreadsheet I created several of us use but not in a shared mode. Some users when they Insert a Comment in the cell it inputs their name, which we want, some users it simply inserts "USAF User" I assume it looks at who is signed into the LAN but each of us has to do that just to get to the spreadsheet so why does it insert some users names and some it doesn't ? Thanks Excel 2003 uses whatever is in Tools, Options, General, User name. Some companies preset it to the company name. Some users put their pref...

Insert Comment Macro
Hello, Group I tried to use the macro recorder in Excel 2003 to create a macro to insert a short comment in the active cell. I keep getting a "run time error 1004", which is an application-defined or object-defined error according to the dialog box that pops up. Would anyone please show me the VBA code I need to insert the text "late assignment" into a new comment in the currently active cell, and then exit the comment box to return to the same cell? Thank you very much in advance! Hi Jim, The only time I had this error was when I tried to resize the comment b...

Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar
How can Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar? It ispossible also to assign web link on Option button? Thanks for your help. Rechie There are two places to put text with the Option button from the Forms toolbar. 1. The caption - it shows on the right of the control. 2. Right click, Format Control:Web tab:Alternative Text "Rechie" <Rechie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A11AEE-5B90-4A8C-B4A3-F820D33934F7@microsoft.com... > How can Insert comments on Option Button of Forms Toolbar? > It ispossible also to assign web li...

Insert Comments
I would like to use the "insert comments" function in conjunction with a pre-made list of comments (which I have stored in excel). I would like to do something like this: identify each pre-made comment with a number, and then simply push a button in reference to that number to insert the text associated with that number. this way, I don't have to keep writing similar comments into the document from scratch each time they come up. Any suggestions? This is untested so may need a bit of tweaking, but if you have the assign the name ArCommentsRange to the Range i...

"Insert Comment" macro--can't get rid of reviewing pane
I just recently got a new laptop and decided to try Office 2010 while I'm at it. I have a single, simple macro recorded with a key-combo saved to it that will insert a comment. I edit documents and spend MANY hours inserting comments. My macro is simple: Insert Comment. That's it. I just do Alt-W and voila! The comment is inserted, ready for me to type my text into it. In Word 2003, it inserts nicely and neatly. However, in trying to create this same macro in Word 2010, when I actually go to run the macro, it ALWAYS opens up the reviewing pane at the bottom!! And ...

Insert Comment
Hi All, I have cells F1-F31 for daily expenses. Some expenses need to be explained, thus Insert Comment is used. My dilemma is if I unlock the column and protect the sheet, Insert Comment will be grayed out. For every comment I have to unprotect the sheet, Insert Comment, protect the sheet. I am sure there is a simpler way. Thanks for your input. Regards, Bernard Bernard When you protect the sheet you can choose to "Edit Objects" This will allow you to insert comments on those unlocked cells. Note: you must be running 2002 or newer. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu,...

insert comments
hi all,is it possible to allow comments to be inserted while the worksheet is protected? thanks. wyn -- WYN Depends how you protected the worksheet. In xl2002+, under tools|protection|protect sheet, you can allow the user to edit objects (check it). In xl2k and earlier, there's a checkbox on that dialog that you can check. WYN wrote: > > hi all,is it possible to allow comments to be inserted while the worksheet is > protected? thanks. wyn > -- > WYN -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Can't Insert Comments
Excel 2007 I tried to insert comments by right clicking on the cell, but the option has disappeared. I then clicked ont the "Review" tab, but everything but "show all comments" is grayed out. I opened another spreadsheet and the options are all there. What the heck did I do? Hi, The most likely reason is that you are in group mode - you have multiple sheets selected. Right-click the sheet tab and choose Ungroup. If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JimS" <jimx22@msn.com> wrote in message news:hmael4d43uq0jsk1td7b1...

tracking changes with insert comment
Hi Again all, second time poster here. I was wondering if anyone knows of away to programatically Insert Comment for a certain range of cells into that cell when the value changes so that the comment Will read: "Old Value was:###" Thanks again!! PS All the cells have conditional formatting (don't know if that makes a difference) Consider a non VBA method using the Tools-->Track Changes feature. It shares the workbook, but if it's on your network drive or local hard drive no one should be able to open it. You can also restrict who views it if others will have access to i...

Insert comment block too small
On Excel 2007 I want to add a comment that's just too big, even with small font. When I move the mouse cursor over the comment cell I can't read all the text. Is there a way to fix the comment block in the middle of the screen and have it to display a scroll bar inside the comment block, so the reader can scroll down the text and read it? Thanks in advance see response to your other posting -- Regards Roger Govier <youcansendmespam@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:6f63cbae-d689-4981-b458-9e50af84198d@o11g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > On Excel 2007 I want to ad...

Powerpoint / 'Insert Comment': change reviewer name
How can I change the automatically appearing name in the Comment box when I insert a Comment in a Powerpoint presentation (my sister once borrowed my computer and obviously did a PP presentation, using her name when she inserted a comment. Therefore, HER name now shows up automatically as author of a Comment, when I really want MY name to show up. N.B. I had never used Powerpoint before, so didn't notice this until recently... Thanks! Always good to mention which version you use. If it's 2007 try: Office button (big & round) PowerPoint Options (small and rectang...

Insert Comments on a Protected Worksheet
hi - I have a worksheet with areas that are locked, and a range B5:H23 that is not locked. Protection has been applied to the sheet. The user is allowed to SELECT unlocked cells. My problem is that I want to be able to INSERT COMMENTS in the unlocked range. I can't seem to do this while protection is ON. (Comments can only be added when Protection is OFF) What am I missing? thanks in advance -- cinnie When setting sheet protection allow users to "Edit Objects"........down near bottom of list. Then you can Insert Comments in unlocked cells. Gord ...

Modify default size of insert comment
Modify default size of insert comment I would like to modify in Excel 2002 the standard size of the insert comment window. how can i do ? '[image: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4554/screenshot1247942672.th.jpg]' (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/screenshot1247942672.jpg/) '[image: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9301/screenshot1247942659.th.jpg]' (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/screenshot1247942659.jpg/) Thankssss -- Esgrimidor You need to change the Tooltip font for Windows. Right-click your desktop, choose Properties, and then Appearance, and choose "Adv...

insert comment in chart
in excel,we can insert to some comment or Autoshape on chart,i want to insert similar objectes on chart dataes in Access when some changing happen in data.for example when in y-axis moderately 100 dropes is happened,i want to insert some comment that explain this drop.how to do this? ...

Why can't I insert comments on my spreadsheet?
In using an Excel 2002 spreadsheet, I find I can't insert comments. You probably can but they may not be visible. tools options view .............check what is ticked under comments -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "pennyb9" <pennyb9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F528BEE9-4087-47DA-9FFB-67CF7266B7B5@microsoft.com... > In using an Excel 2002 spreadsheet, I find I can't insert comments. Pennyb9, is the sheet protected, what happens when you try to insert one? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post ...

how to insert comment in word
Dear gurus, I want to know about the database tool bar and how to insert the comment on review, and update field in index? plz help in this regard ...

Only allow to insert comment in Excel File
Dear All, I would like to protect Excel worksheet for all users. So that all users can't change the Excel content, but can insert comments. How can I do this? Thanks You can lock all the cells and the tools|Protection|protect sheet. Depending on the version of excel, you'll see an option to Edit Objects (xl2002+). Check that. xl2k and below have a check mark that you can toggle. This will allow the users to edit all objects including comments--as well as pictures/shapes/buttons/... kobeting wrote: > > Dear All, > > I would like to protect Excel workshe...

2 Conditional formats and insert comment
1. I want to format the cell by 2 conditions. e.g. in range a1:z1, fill the cell with red colour(Fill colour) only if it is blank and if it contains "Sunday", show it with red colour (Font Colour). HOw can I do this? 2. I want to insert the comment conditionally e.g. if the cell contains "IT" insert the comment "India Today", "TOI" insert comment as "Times of India" etc. How Can I perform this operation? Ajit -- Knowldege is Power > 1. I want to format the cell by 2 conditions. e.g. in range a1:z1, fill the > cell with > re...

Insert comment into cell
Dear Expert, Have 2 columns .... Column A is name Column B is type I want the content in column B to put as comments in respective column A. For example, Name Type Elton PT Jasmine PT Tony FT, 10 Kammi PT, 12 Would like to put PT as comment in cell A2 (Elton) Would like to put PT as comment in cell A3 (Jasmine) Would like to put FT, 10 as comment in cell A4 (Tony) It can certainly be done manually ... by copy, right click the cell, choose insert comment .....repeat and repeat ... I have 1000 cells to be done. Hope VBA can automate the task. Thanks Hi, Try t...

Insert comments conditionally
I want to insert the comment conditionally e.g. if the cell contains "IT" insert the comment "India Today", "TOI" insert comment as "Times of India" etc. How Can I perform this operation? -- Knowldege is Power How many acronyms do you want to match to comments? If it's a bunch, I'd probably use VLOOKUP instead. "Ajit Munj" wrote: > I want to insert the comment conditionally e.g. if the cell contains > "IT" insert the comment "India Today", "TOI" insert comment as "Times of > In...

insert comment and format cell
Q1 How can I insert comment in word Q2 How can I format numbers in words. that is if enter 520935521 and i want the numbers formatted as 520,935,521. WORD 2007 To insert comment:- Review / Comments group / New Comment If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Rohit" wrote: > Q1 How can I insert comment in word > Q2 How can I format numbers in words. that is if enter 520935521 and i want > the numbers formatted as 520,935,521. Running a macro containing the following code will format all of the cells that are selected in that wa...

Insert comments default font setting
How do you change the default font setting for Comments that are inserted into a cell? You can change the default font size: Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK or use a macro to insert a comment with specific formatting: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted Jerry wrote: > How do you change the default font setting for Comments > that are inserted into a cell? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http:/...

insert comment
Is there a way to insert comments in a graph? (Excel 2003) "Matsd" wrote: > Is there a way to insert comments in a graph? (Excel 2003) "Matsd" wrote: > Is there a way to insert comments in a graph? (Excel 2003) Matsd, you would right click on the cell that you want in insert a comment. This will bring up a box with several options. One of the options is to insert a comment. Click on that, it will bring up a box for you to type into. Press enter and the cell will show red on one of the corners, showing that the cell contains a comment. I hope that helps...

Excel "Insert Comment" Formatting
Hi, Windows XP Home Excel 2002 How can I format the "Insert Comment" .....(open Workbook > right click on a cell > left click > Insert Comment)......in my Excel worksheet? It opens now at Font Size 8. I would like it to open at a larger Font Size and also have the Insert Comment window saved at my chosen larger size (I know how to expand to a larger size but want to save it at that size for next time using Insert Comment in a different cell). Thank you, Larry Larry Start > settings > Control Panel > Display > Appearance Tab > Advanced. Select...

Insert Comment
Hi Using Excel 2003. For some unknown reasons, the sheet in my excel file don't allow me to insert comment (ie. the Insert Comment is greyed out) How to solve it? Thanks --Check out whether the sheet is protected.. (Tools>Protection) --Check out whether the sheets are grouped. To un-group right-click on one of the selected sheet tab, and choose Un-group Sheets -- Jacob "PL" wrote: > Hi > Using Excel 2003. > > For some unknown reasons, the sheet in my excel file don't allow me to > insert comment (ie. the Insert Comment is ...