Excel Hyperlink: Is there an easier way to follow then double-cli.

Excel Hyperlink: Is there an easier way to follow an Excel Hyperlink then
with mouse double-click? My old version of Excel all you had to do was hit
"Enter"
0
Small (5)

In xl2002, I only have to use a single click.  So that saves some time <bg>.

This has been asked before and it looks like just selecting the cell and hitting
enter is gone.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Show Excel in two separate instances/two monitors?
I've recently been upgraded to two monitors (one of the few things IT has done right around here!). But try as I might, I can't get two Excel (2003) workbooks to show in two separate instances so I can put one on each monitor! Any solutions? Ed Hi Ed, open 2 workbooks -- click the Maximize button (so you are in resize mode) --- drag a workbook by the titlebar to the second monitor... Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * Ed wrote: > I've recently been upgraded to t...

hyperlink to existing excel file
When I create a hyperlink to an existing excel file and then click on it, explorer opens to the folder that the file is in instead of the excel file opening. Just to test I pointed it to a word document and the doc file opened fine. How do I get a hyperlink to open the excel file? Thanks. Are you sure it isn't to the folder instead. Only way I can reproduce that is if I select the folder instead of the file when I create the hyperlink. As expected if I use a hyperlink to a particular file it will open.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "purplehaz" <software@for.me> wrote i...

Why does [group] appear after the filename in Excel 2003?
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 this morning. An Excel document I created yesterday in a shared network location that has never been touched by anyone but me is now opening with [Group] status. I need to activate Autofilter, but it is unavailable (greyed) on the Tools --> Filter menu. I also can't locate a definition for this setting or how to turn it off, nor do I have any idea why it is in this "group" mode. It is definitely not a shared workbook. Please help! You may have more than one sheets selected simoultaneously. Righclick a sheet tab and select ...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

Plot area of embedded charts unexplainably shrinks in Excel 2003 S
I am working on a large spreadsheet full of numerical data. It contains several dozen bar and line graphs embedded across several worksheets. I have a decent understanding of Excel and Excel graphs but do not use VBA. The problem I have with Excel is that it sometimes – and unpredictably – (vertically) shrinks the plot areas of the embedded graphs. This can happen between opening the document and printing it. Other times, the plot area would shrink if I click on the plot area with my mouse, and then click off on to a cell in the same worksheet. The chart area remains the same siz...

Is there a way to setup excel to prompt for a backup copy upon ex.
I want to automatically create a backup onto a disk each time I exit program. "sonny" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the Subject field. Please take advantage of the Message area, even for short inquiries. Thanks |:>) "sonny" wrote: > I am currently using 2000. Thanks "CyberTaz" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. > > It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the > Subject field. Ple...

Sounds with Excel
Hello Friends Is it possible and how can I do this task with ExcelXp: If the value of cell A1 on "my worksheet" in "my workbook" is "1"-play any sound, If cell A1 is empty-don't play sound. For the next cell on the same sheet B1: if B1=1- play sound different than the sound for the cell A1, if B1 is empty-don't play sound. If both cells A1=1 AND B1=1 play sound different than the sounds for cell A1 and cell B1. I'm running WindowsXP. Thank you. Hi Tim have a look at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip87.htm Frank Tim wrote: > Hello Friends...

An automated way of comparing an old spreadsheet with an updated version
Hi, I recieve an updated spreadsheet each month showing the newer entries at the bottom of the sheet. What i need to do is find a way that this newer data can be compared to previous entries to see if it has been entered before (i.e Mr Smith was entered in Jan and again in May) Currently I am having to manually search through the spreadsheet (about 400 cells) and I figure there must be an easier way! Thanks in advance Alex Hi Alex Assuming that you have headers in row 1 and your data you are wanting to search is in column A, enter in a blank column =COUNTIF(A:A,A2) and copy down as far a...

display countdown timer in Excel
I'd like to display (in Excel 2003) a countdown timer in a worksheet (either in a cell or a textbox or other control). I want the user to be able to see the clock tick down from say 20 seconds to 0 in one second increments (or decrements, I guess). Is there a function that will do this? If this is somethingVBA can handle better, I can post this question in the programming newsgroup. Thanks, Bert It has to be done through VBA. You could write code or have someone do it for you. That someone would be Bob Phillips who has a free downlaodable workbook with a Timer setup. http://...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

Hyperlink Error
I have a hyperlink set-up for a netwrok file. It works fine, but when the file is copied the hyperlin chages to the folder that the file has been copied to. original link - L:\folder\folder\file Changes to - C:\file How can I get it to keep the original link? Justin ...

Preventing Excel files from being moved or deleted
What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an Excel file on a network? This is more of an network operating system setting question. I would think putting the file on a share that the users only had readonly access would be enough. But this would mean that the users could still copy (not move) the file. And they wouldn't be able to update the workbook. bg500 wrote: > > What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an > Excel file on a network? -- Dave Peterson All explained in Start>Help and Support "p...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

Excel or Access?
I have server data that is about 200-300 rows/records and includes abou 25 columns/fields. Coworkers have suggested that this data shoul reside in a database, such as Access, and then import/link to it fro Excel for reporting purposes. Does anyone have a recommendation/comment/suggestion on this? I a comfortable using Excel as my "database" for this data that will no grow much larger than it already is, and is easier for me to perfor the reporting in Excel simply on another sheet. Thanks! Ric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Why fix what's not broken? ...

hyperlinks #2
When I click on a hyperlink in outlook IE opens and stays blank, but another window opens and asks me to Locate link browser. I have been closing this window, but it reappears on every link. ??????????????? It may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;329912&Product=out >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a hyperlink in outlook IE opens and stays >blank, but another window opens and asks me to Locate link >browser. I have been closing this window, but it reappears >on every link. ??????????????? >. > ...

Automatic open locked excel file through access control
We know,Excel has prompt password to open it files. Is it possible to create a code that can supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we open the excel file through our access control in a form, the excel files can be opened automatically.But when the excel files opened from its default icon,it will prompt a password first. On Jul 10, 8:43 pm, "shiro" <s...@play.com> wrote: > We know,Excel has prompt password > to open it files. > Is it possible to create a code that can > supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we > open the excel file throu...

Slideshow function
In the new Media Center for Win7, I can't seem to find a way to set the slideshow to only show the .jpgs in the currently playing music folder. I have many artwork scans (cover, tray, booklet, etc) in each albums music folder. I've used slideshow plugin's for Winamp and WMP 10 that do this very well (only show images in currently playing folder). Is there a setting somewhere (registry possibly) to tell Media Center's slideshow to do this. It seems ridiculous to have pictures of my family vacation as a slideshow when listening to a Beatles album when I have scan...

What defines an advanced level of Excel?
I was wondering if somebody could help me with this. I was looking at applying for an office assitant job and it said I needed an advanced level of Excel. I have been using Excel for some time now, although I recently decided to do a short course starting from the basics to help identify what I may be missing in my knowledge. We didn't delve into complex formulars but covered all our basics and gave our selves the background knowledge to explor further. I am all over the place, such as inputing data, retreiving data from sources such as SQL server, text files and so on. Formatt...

Templates for Excel 2003
Hey y'all, Is the only way to get templates now through Office On Line rather than a direct download that works on my PC? I don't want anything to do with Office On Line. I don't want to have to download 2 Active X scripts just to get a template. I tried downloading one directly, but I got a message that indicated that I needed the Active X crap. Bah! TIA, Mike W. ...

problem while using excel
hi, exel sheet displaying page number in background in each and every cell of my sheet in background And displaying message first while opening the sheet as "margins doesn't fit can you please help me with this issue?? View > Normal -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200786 While i am using excel, when i try to copy and paste words, the program becomes very sluggish. very laggy and slow. how do i resolve this? You probably have a lot of formulae, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CALCULATION and change it to manual, you can then calculate the workbook by pressing F9, take a look ...

hyperlink #2
How do I make a hyperlink without underline? Thanks, Jo refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EA75A54-A237-4090-A4A7-EEEBE9DDA2B7@microsoft.com... > How do I make a hyperlink without underline? > > Thanks, > Jo ...

Weed out words using Excel??
Is there a way to automatically isolate an appearance of a word in list of words, eg I have a full dictionary of words, and I want to end up wit a list where the word (for example) "log" appears. So if the big lis contains: logarithm chair table catalogue (each on a sepearte line) The list I would want would be: logarithm catalogue (leaving out the others) Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look at Data / Filter / Autofilter. Andy. PS I'd love to know where you got your text file from!! "sensible >" <<sensible.148ne7@exc...

Potential Identity loss issue with hidden email addresses in Excel!
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. The sheet I received was a reworking in Excel (not sure which version) of one of mine that was from a fresh, new OpenOffice spreadsheet I had emailed earlier. No sign of the embedding in my OO 'sheet, whether viewed in OO or in Excel 2000. It seems to have crept in on her mach...

Fix poor image quality when pasting from excel to powerpoint?
How do I get around the poor image quality when pasting from excel to powerpoint? EXCEL 2007 Use Paste as Picture. If you check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ - item number 74 all of these items were copied as above and quality is fine. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Keith" wrote: > How do I get around the poor image quality when pasting from excel to > powerpoint? In my experience, the way to fix poor image quality in Office 2007 is to reinstall and use Office 2003. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier...

Cells with same text but excel think it's different?
I have two cells with exacely the same text. but excel think it's different and not returning any value for my vlookup.. I used if statement and the result is showing the 2 cells are different. I checked format, space and even '. can someone please help? thanks. Do you have an 0 instead of a O? (Number zero, letter O) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F83A62-88D7-4292-9B2E-B8F34B737B48@mic...