excel help 04-09-10

I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being
updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when
any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks

Try the following Sheets Event-Macro:
    If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then
        [I1] = Date
        [I2] = Time
    End If
End Sub
---------------
Micky

"jcheko" wrote:

> I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being
> updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when
> any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks
worked like a charm....thanks

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> Try the following Sheets Event-Macro:
>     If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then
>         [I1] = Date
>         [I2] = Time
>     End If
> End Sub
> ---------------
> Micky
>

> "jcheko" wrote:
>
> > I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being
> > updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when
> > any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks
Sure glad I responded to one of your multi-posts.

I had nothing better to do with my time.

Please post once in future.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:44:02 -0700, jcheko <jcheko@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>worked like a charm....thanks
>
>"????? (????) ?????" wrote:
>
>> Try the following Sheets Event-Macro:
>> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
>>     If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then
>>         [I1] = Date
>>         [I2] = Time
>>     End If
>> End Sub
>> ---------------
>> Micky
>>

>> "jcheko" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being
>> > updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when
>> > any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks

0
Gord

How do i retrieve a deleted excel file?????
Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, or a disk utility that can recover deleted files, you don't. thank you for the bad news. :o) "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Unfortunately, if you don't have a backup, or a disk utility that can > recover deleted files, you don't. > Do you have a Recycle Bin? Windows puts all deleted files in there. Just a thought. HTH Otto "Julie Semer" <Julie Semer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C45EA83-69AC-4AF4-9924-DB955562999F@microsoft.com... > You might have success with a pro...

multiple instances of CRM 04-25-04
We are running Windows 2003 Active Directory consisting of a single forest, single Domain, with Exchange 2003 as the messaging system. I have installed CRM with Adventure Works sample database and now want to install a second instance of CRM. Thought I'd try registering the product key on back of Welcome Kit CRM disk to get license key and then install CRM using our company name and the licence key. Will this work and at present I log in to http://crm01 to see application, so after second install how will I tell Int Explorer to go to the new install? You can't install multi...

In Excel I have a workbook, and want to select all blank rows for.
I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a price list I do regularly. How can I select all blank rows and then delete them. It will take hours to do them all manually. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "HANDY ANDY" <HANDY ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FC815E8C-813A-48EA-94A3-26E8B22F8EB4@microsoft.com... > I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a > price list I do regularly. How can ...

HTML & Excel
I am trying to open a ".csv" file that has HTML within one field of the file. I would like the HTML to just get inserted into one cell, but when I open the file, it seems that excel automatically starts to process the HTML and then render it into the spreadsheet making it look kindof like a web page. Does anyone know how I can just get that HTML in one cell on the ".csv" file open? I tried removing all the double quotes and putting in a single quote, neither worked. Try changing the extension to .txt and using the Text Wizard to bring in the columns as Text (cli...

Help in EXCEL functions
Hi just a noob here, I would like to know how or what function do I need to use on this kind of problem. I am creating a template where the 2nd column B3:B50 has a drop down option, so I'd like that Column to be counted examples on the drop down are . NET - TNBA Callbacks and NRA - Montreal EMT. Ex. if B2:B50 have (10) . NET - TNBA Callbacks it will appear (10) on J15 and if NRA - Montreal EMT have (3) it must appear (3) on J16. hope that helps in explaining...its too hard to explain, I am wishing if I could attach the file for better view.. thanks again.. waiting f...

Getting Excel whilst using the sumif formula to search for part of a word
I am using a Sumif formula on a summary page that summarises from a list in another sheet. This is case and word sensitive, is there any way to get excel to search for part of a word e.g instead of searching for Cabin Installers Ltd it could find Cabin? I am just starting to learn VBA is this something VBA could easily do? This same workbook i basically a monthly cost spread sheet that comes in and i have to analysis to show the movement in the month. Is there anyway excel could auto summarise the sheet e.g For every individual name/company on the sheet it could find the sum of their costs?...

How can I convolve 2 sets of data in Excel?
I want to apply windowing functions to the frequency domain data from Fourier analysis. This involves convolution with the transformed window function. For a Hann(ing) window this has only 3 real components but the convolution needs to 'wrap around' at the extremes of the frequency domain. Has anyone solved this problem and has a set of coeficients for all the common window functions? ...

Newbie with excell , need help on formula...
I am using a formula in excel =COUNT(A4:A43). Problem A4:A43 input data from different part of sheet. Not all cells may be used so the unused cells of A4:A43 defaults to 0. My formula shows a count of 40 but I need t to only count values greater then 0. Any ideas on what formula to use? One way: =COUNTIF(A4:A43,">0") In article <IVfMb.62809$ts4.24919@pd7tw3no>, "leave alone" <me@mail.com> wrote: > I am using a formula in excel =COUNT(A4:A43). Problem A4:A43 input data from > different part of sheet. > > Not all cells may be used so t...

How do I measure area under a line chart drawn in Excel file?
Can anyone please let me know "How do I measure area under a line chart drawn in Excel file?" See examples on my website using Trapezoid & Simpson's Rule. Bernard www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips "kp" <kp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3BF4B4B-6030-45E1-B17E-50005FD9FBAB@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please let me know "How do I measure area under a line chart > drawn in Excel file?" I'm not aware of such a feature in the various chart menus, but you can calculate the area directly from the data used for th...

Excel #25
Can I change text in muliple excel files by using the find/replace facility -- Mark g yes you can do it manually or with a macro. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200757 "Mark G" wrote: > Can I change text in muliple excel files by using the find/replace facility > -- > Mark g "Gary''s Student" wrote: > yes > you can do it manually or with a macro. > -- > Gary''s Student - gsnu200757 > > > "Mark G" wrote: > > > Can I change text in muliple excel files by using the find/replace facility > >...

Excel Crash

help with powerpoint
I am getting an error message that states.... could not be opened because associated helper application does not exist.Change the association in your preferences...................What is this i alos get this section not currently active when i try to get to my powerpoint In article <14FAF136-C4A7-46F2-A6BE-41B7A7933FF9@microsoft.com>, Lisa wrote: > I am getting an error message that states.... could not be opened because > associated helper application does not exist.Change the association in your > preferences...................What is this It sounds as th...

need help badly
My outlook express on my laptop is showing incoming messages but when I try to open it they say not enough memory. Then when I try to delete any of the messages, nothing happens, it won't delete anything, send anything. Doesn't ask for my password when starting. Also noticed that when I went into my search for files, that wasn't working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Hi, I suppose that your PST file has got corrupt and so I would advice you to try creating a new PST or rather a new profile and seeifthe behaviour happens there also. This would narrow down the is...

Need help to create a macro
I am trying to build a macro for an answer sheet in such a way that, it performs the below functions when I click on the “SUBMIT” . The sheet contains two tabs. Firs tab is questions along with the answer options; like Question # Answer 1 Yes 2 Yes 3 No 4 No 5 Yes 6 Yes 7 No 8 Yes 9 Yes 10 Yes It should prompt for the USER ID in the question paper sheet The answers should be copied to the second tab and have to be pasted in the sheet (the data will be in columns and it has to be transposed to rows) along with the user ID Ex: USERID Answers fr...

Updating Table from Query
How do I go about updating a new value in a table using a query I want to update the table - and not the Form. I have 2 tables 1. CLIENT - Field : ClientID < Autonumber> (Other field are not important ) 2. INFORMAL - Field : ID <Autonumber> Field : REFNO <Number> This is the scenario: When I create a new client in a form I want to save the REFNO of the Client and then pass that value to update my INFORMAL Table with this Value ( not the form ) I tri...

Newbie needs help Printing a Poster in Pub2007
Hi, I have a digital photo I'd like to print in sheets to comprise a 24 x 36 inch poster I'd like to know the steps to be able to print and to select a range if I don't wish to print all at the same time. Also, is there a grid overlay I can superimpose over the photo so that I might see what goes on each sheet? Thanks so much, Jeff I can only suggest what was advised earlier. Save as a PDF... Print preview will be your guide. Microsoft has a save as PDF add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylan...

Delete user in CRM 09-22-06
I have a user that ahve left. I have delete the user in the AD - but if I would like to delete the user in CRM I can´t seem to find the way to do this. I know how to actived and De-actived a user - but I would like to delete the user totally in CRM, how can this bee done besides going to the tables themselves to do it..there is not a supported way. To be honest, if you reassigned every record they own to someone else and then you deactivate them, there really is not a good reason to delete them. I understand it would be nice but since it is not possible it is just something th...

OUTLOOK CONTACTS #10
hi everybody! my Outlook contact list isn't populated when i create a new message, address list is blank Bill, What version of Outlook are you working with ? Are you connecting to your ISP's mail server , an Exchange server , or some other type of transport ? Here is the support article for Outlook 2000 which deals with this issue: 197907 OL2000: (CW) Contact Information Does Not Appear in Address Book http://support.microsoft.com/?id=197907 -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email dire...

Domain-HELP
My question is: I have a domain (MOM) and two child domains (KID1 and KID2). If I create a user on KID1 or KID2 and place the mailbox on MOM. The problem is: the mailbox will not shown in System's manager but I was able to send an email to that mailbox without the email coming back. ALSO, the user's name will not shown up in the GAL. Help me here.... BJ: Check your RUS settings. If you don't know what that is, then that's probably what's causing this issue, so read up on it. You need to have RUS set up for the subdomains since they don't have Exchange servers. ...

PLease HELP
The history on Track changes is not always showing up. Neither is the Reject and Approve changes i select it and the box ask what to go through and then nothing happens. When i choose show list on a separate sheet nothing happens. This is on a shared workbook. Also i want to be the only one on the shared book to approve and reject changes. Please Help!!! ...

How to handle this Exception "Help reqd URGENTLY"
Earlier I have developed an application which is runnig properly then i made some changes to code Now it is giving an exception this exception has not occured in previous Application Actually the exception is occurring in CWinApp class's destructo i have not made any changes in destructor of CMyApp How to overcome this problem Pls Help Me Urgently You choose either way: 1. Intercept any exception in CWinApp's destructor with a try-catch(...) block. 2. Don't raise the exception in whatever classes you're using. Remove any throw statement in those classes. "Shiva&...

Getting an XMLWriter from an XslCompiledTransform.Transform call
Hi all, I'm having a real problem with getting an XMLWriter as a result of an xsl tranform I'm attempting. My code is: private void btnPerformTransform_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { // Load the style sheet. XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); XmlWriter xmlWriter = new XmlTextWriter(new StringWriter()); xslt.Load("FlightsAvail.xsl"); xslt.Transform("testXMLIn.xml", xmlWriter); Console.Out.Write(""); } This code is returning the following exception: Execution of the 'documen...

Formatting the Date in Excel
Is there any way in Excel that I can format the Date so I don't have to type any slashes between the month and day? In other words, I would like to be able to type in 0714 press "enter" and have excel recognize that this is 07/14/2005 without typing in 07/14. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Short of writing code, you could enter your numerics only date in cell A1, for instance: 07142005. Then in B1 write a formula: =mid(A1,1,2)&"/"&mid(A1,3,2)&"/"&left(A1,4) Then you could copy column B and paste as values into their req...

How do I stop mouse from scrolling horizontal in Excel?
Mouse scroll wheel causes worksheet to scroll right and down or left and up. How do I get it to scroll vertical only? ...

Excel -how do I edit an entry that's an email address
Excel has that annoying function that makes all email addresses clickable (like it or not), but as such, are extremely difficult to edit. How do I easily select it only to make changes? -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" Select the cell that the email address is in just by arrowing over to it if you don't want to accidentally click the email and then go to Insert- Hyperlink and on the bottom left of the box click "remove link" and then the email address won't be clickable anymore, thus your problem solved. This is annoying and in word I think you can...