Excel - give users option to keep info in clipboard after pasting

Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the
clipboard after I paste.   I often need to past the same information multiple
times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard
after every past

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=31aa4780-4375-4325-a7b5-cb95bb1d2d5a&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
Philipm (1)

tangent excel question
this isnt necessarily an excel question, but it is related in that i affects a spreadsheet im working on. ive been looking for a centerline symbol, but none of the fonts i hav installed seem to include this symbol. it is a blueprint / surveyin symbol that has a L superimposed by a c. i am using CL right now bu would like to use the actual symbol for aesthetics. is there a way i can make a custom symbol or does anyone know where can find a font that would include such a symbol? thank you. i lov excel. ^_ -- lsu-i-lik ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables
1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downloaded from a mainframe database? I have been told this could be done in previous versions of Excel. 2. If I get a new text file each day, how can I refresh the existing Pivot Table, without the necessity of recreating Thank you very much Marsh Import the Text file into Excel. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Marsh" <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C480551-AE4D-4E31-B6DC-DF527E532091@microsoft.com... > 1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downlo...

How do I link Excel pages to a different master Excel workbook?
I am trying to take part lists from different assemblies and link them to a master part list. Ideally one sheet from the assembly part lists will have many pages and be linked to a sheet in the master part list with the name of that specific assembly. I am operating on Midrosoft Office Version 2003. open both the master and your part list on your master if you set a cell to (="name of part list book"!A1) you can do that by clicking any cell on the other workbook with them both open its just like a formula on the sheet only instead it has the workbooks name first i hope thi...

Graphing in Excel
Does anyone know any good graphing tutorials for excel??? I am havin difficulty graphing a dual line graph. I don't know the problem origin. Any help would be tremendous -- Mrinkli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mrinklin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38935 M, Get familiar with internet searches (like www.google.com). It's a good resource. A search for "excel chart tutorial" (w/o quotes) would find Jon Pel...

Excel Function VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names". The table deifene below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables. Error where: =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE) but no errors where =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE) or =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE) ANS: ACT_IS The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to NAME. If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated. Thanks Elizabet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly =VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKU...

Refresh Excel file
After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? This doesn't seem like an Excel question. Maybe you could explain what you're trying to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "excel dummy" <excel dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3007EE5-7CC7-45F7-B6E0-BCAB71199012@microsoft.com... | After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were | working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? ...

Bar chart with a Percentage
I have a bar chart that has 4 vertical bars. On the 2nd and 4th bar I'd like to list the percentage it is of the 1st and 3rd bar, respectively. I already have labeled each bar with its numerical value and data name. Can I do this? If so, how? I've tried for about 2 hours now. Thanks in advance for any help! >-----Original Message----- >I have a bar chart that has 4 vertical bars. On the 2nd >and 4th bar I'd like to list the percentage it is of the >1st and 3rd bar, respectively. I already have labeled >each bar with its numerical value and data name....

Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex. A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to see when working in selected range. I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the selection color at all. Also tried to change the Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced option>Item areas, thi...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

How to sort info from separate worksheets on summary sheet
Hi, My workbook contains 15 worksheets. I track employee work hours an amount of money spent each payperiod by my spreadsheet for severa projects. The first worksheet is my summary worksheet which lists each employe by name and cumulative work hours from the additional worksheets. Th additional worksheets are specific work tasks and lists employees an work hours related to that task. Is there any way to click on an individual name in the Summar Worksheet and display that employees allocated hours for each workshee (task)? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com H...

Access 07 much slower than 2000/2003, multi user
three new PC withh access 2007 trial and an exsiting access 2000 mdb on a network share. Performance is slower but acceptable OK with one user, with additin users (up to 3) it becomes very slow. record scrolling is slow but the main problem is adding records. When typing in the edit boxes it can take > 1 sec for the text to appear, same database saved in 2002/3 format works with any delay in typing or scrolling. Office 07 SP1 installed, and previous versions of the office removed when testing 07. Did same tests with linked tables to sql2005, same results. ...

Excel 2003 #4
Hope someone out there can help, I have lost the toolbars and menu bars in Excel, at first I thought it was showing full screen but it wasn't I then tried to Alt/V to bring up the view menu but again nothing. Have re-installed Excel but still not showing, can anyone help me with this please. And you're sure that the window isn't just too far up and off the visible viewing area--so all that you would need to do is resize that window? If you can see excel's application title bar, then this isn't the problem. If you want to reset all the toolbars back to factory default...

Accessing Excel pages using VB
Hi. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having. It's likely a trivial answer, but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'm using VB 6.0 and Excel 2002. I have an Excel workbook that has information about days of the month -- each day having an individual spreadsheet 'Day (1)', 'Day (2)', etc. as tabs along the bottom of the workbook. I want to be able to access information from individual "days" using a VB application and do some processing and then printing of the data in VB. First of all, when addressing data on spre...

Can columns be protecteded by an assigned user?
In an attempt to streamline 4 separate worksheets into one, is it possible to setup 4 columns in one Excel worksheet, then protect each column to allow one user to edit their assigned column by unlocking and relocking it? Or is there a better alternative, i.e., linking a main worksheet to each of the four that will show the edits automatically in my main worksheet? You can use the Allow Users to edit Range feature to set up a worksheet so that specific areas can be edited by specifc users. You protect the entire sheet and allow a user to edit a specific range without a pass...

Manager grayed out on user setup

what is keyboard shortcut to auto fill option
what is keyboard shortcut to auto fill option Rozeta, Try selecting your range to be filled (Shift-Down, or Shift-Right, etc.), then Alt-e, i, d. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Rozeta" <Rozeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA64E288-A05A-450E-BF9F-EBA7B61B4476@microsoft.com... > what is keyboard shortcut to auto fill option Do you mean a key that corresponds to double-clicking on the fill handle? I'm not sure there is one. If you go to Help and type keyboard shortc...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

Creating mailboxes for users in a child domain
I am attempting to provide the ability for administrators in a child domain to create Exchange mailboxes on an Exchange server in the parent domain for users of the child domain. I have installed the Exchange Management Tools on the DC of the child domain, and delegated Exchange Administrator privileges to the administrator of the child domain. When creating the accounts the process to create the mailbox completes successfully on that DC (as does adding a mailbox to an existing user account with the exchange tasks option) however, I never see the mailbox on the server, and when creating an O...

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Excel Formula 02-06-10
I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of which product is chipset and from which suppliers.Thanks for any help I get. A B C 1 Product 1 Supplier 2 £10.00 2 Product 2 Supplier 1 £8.00 3 Product 3 Supplier 2 £8.00 4 Product 2 Supplier 2 £6.00 5 Product 1 Supplier 2 £11.00 6 Product 3 Supplier 1 £7.00 Farid, I think you mean:- cheapest - and not chipset. "Farid" wrote: > I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of > which product is chipset and from which ...

How to restrict printing access for users
Hello, I am new to shared databases and was wondering if there was a way to restirct users from printing specific reports? Thanks. You can use User-Level security: Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/SECFAQ.EXE Lynn Trapp's summarization: http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/The10Steps.htm KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q165009 http://download.microsoft.com/download/access97/faq1/1/win98/en-us/secfaq.exe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=325261 Joan Wild's articles: http://www.jmwild.com/security02....

multi user problem on small vista lan
I have three new pcs running vista business and I installed office 2007 on each. I put Access FE on each pc and BE in a public folder on one of the PCs with full control permissions for everyone on the public folder. Why can only one person on each pc get into access at any one time? Possible reasons: 1. No permission to create the LDB file 2. One user opening in Exclusive mode 3. The file may need to be in a Trusted Location 4. You may need to sacrifice a chicken. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "davidve&qu...

Excel macro deployment
Hi I have been deploying Excel macro to workstations using an MSI. The MSI creates a folder under program folders and drops the xla files in the folder. The installer also sets a registry value. When the user opens Excel, the macros begin. This works fine for Excel 2003. What do I need to do to properly install Macros under Excel 2007 and Excel 2010? Thanks ...

Importing to access from excel
I understand that access uses the first 15 rows of an imported excel sheet to determine whether the access field is numerical or text. I have a worksheet with a date column, and columns that contain both numbers and text entries (in the form of less than values e.g.<1). Therefore the date column cannot be changed to text or number otherwise it looses the correct format. And although the numbers can be changed to text in excel they are only recognised as numbers in access. The only way I have found to get the all the information across from excel into access without error values (e...

switching users
I have a computer that on which I needed to create a new user profile. I set up Outlook on the new profile with the same email account, but it gives me an error when retrieveing mail. I have Outlook 2000. I have checked the account settings several times. I can retrieve the email if i set up the account on another computer. Any thoughts? Thanks, Peter peter wrote: > I have a computer that on which I needed to create a new user profile. > I set up Outlook on the new profile with the same email account, but > it gives me an error when retrieveing mail. I have Outlook 2000. I > ha...