Excel Function VLOOKUP - ARRAY Function Error

Hi,

I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names".  The table deifene
below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables.

Error where:
=VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE)

but no errors where
=VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE)
or
=VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE)          ANS: ACT_IS

The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to
NAME.

If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated.

Thanks

Elizabet

If I understand you correctly

=VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,0)),2,0)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"elstuart >" <<elstuart.19q6r5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names".  The table deifened
> below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables.
>

> Error where:
> =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE)
>
> but no errors where
> =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE)
> or
> =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE)          ANS: ACT_IS
>
> The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to a
> NAME.
>
> If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Elizabeth
>

> ---

terre081 (3244)
7/21/2004 4:29:50 AM
Thanks Peo, using INDIRECT worked!

Time appreciated

Elizabet

Excel 2007

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Opening Excel Workbooks

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

help with simple maths in excel

Size of dynamically allocated array
What's the easiest way to determine the size (number of objects) of a dynamically allocated array? Chip While it's probably not reliable, I did find that the address you get back from the 'new' operator is not the actual starting address of the allocated block. If you subtract sizeof(DWORD)*4 from that address and then read the value at that address, you'll have the requested size, but not the actual size that the memory manager allocated. For example: char *p = new char[1234]; strcpy(p, "Hello World!"); // not necessary but does help to locate stuff in mem...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

error on upgrade: ID 4386

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...

error 0x800cc0f

Excel Problem

Excel DNS query