excel formula problem #3

i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say
how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but
section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the
(eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E,
i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled
but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens

Hi
try:
=COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only says
> how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but 1
> section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of
> them (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with
> cells D,E,F i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if
> all are filled, but it must count if any of the three are filled hope
> this makes sense
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Excel 2007

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Exchange update problem

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

formula based on format

This formula doesn't work: = day(today())
This formula doesn't work: = day(today()) Except from spreading one formula into 2, is it possible to make it workable in 1 formula? If so, how? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP ���H����O�D�`����. �p��������B, ���Ѫ̤��[�祿!! My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do wrongly. What doesn't work? For today (7 May 2004) =DAY(TODAY()) returns 7. In article <eYuAXhDNEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote: > This formula doesn't work: = day...

Border problems

Excel DNS query

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

Excel Problem