Excel Formula 02-06-10

I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of
which product is chipset and from which suppliers.Thanks for any help I get.

	A	B	C
1	Product 1	Supplier 2	£10.00
2	Product 2	Supplier 1	£8.00
3	Product 3	Supplier 2	£8.00
4	Product 2	Supplier 2	£6.00
5	Product 1	Supplier 2	£11.00
6	Product 3	Supplier 1	£7.00

Farid, I think you mean:-

cheapest

 - and not chipset.

"Farid" wrote:

> I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of
> which product is chipset and from which suppliers.Thanks for any help I get.
>
> 	A	B	C
> 1	Product 1	Supplier 2	£10.00
> 2	Product 2	Supplier 1	£8.00
> 3	Product 3	Supplier 2	£8.00
> 4	Product 2	Supplier 2	£6.00
> 5	Product 1	Supplier 2	£11.00
> 6	Product 3	Supplier 1	£7.00

We will use MIN to find the lowest value, MATCH to find the row, and INDEX to
get the approriate values:

=INDEX(Sheet1!A1:B10,MATCH(MIN(Sheet1!C1:C10),Sheet1!C1:C10,FALSE),1)
=INDEX(Sheet1!A1:B10,MATCH(MIN(Sheet1!C1:C10),Sheet1!C1:C10,FALSE),2)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Farid" wrote:

> I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of
> which product is chipset and from which suppliers.Thanks for any help I get.
>
> 	A	B	C
> 1	Product 1	Supplier 2	£10.00
> 2	Product 2	Supplier 1	£8.00
> 3	Product 3	Supplier 2	£8.00
> 4	Product 2	Supplier 2	£6.00
> 5	Product 1	Supplier 2	£11.00
> 6	Product 3	Supplier 1	£7.00

Thank you Gary,but the value is comes as False

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> We will use MIN to find the lowest value, MATCH to find the row, and INDEX to
> get the approriate values:
>
> =INDEX(Sheet1!A1:B10,MATCH(MIN(Sheet1!C1:C10),Sheet1!C1:C10,FALSE),1)
> =INDEX(Sheet1!A1:B10,MATCH(MIN(Sheet1!C1:C10),Sheet1!C1:C10,FALSE),2)
>
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu201001
>

> "Farid" wrote:
>
> > I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of
> > which product is chipset and from which suppliers.Thanks for any help I get.
> >
> > 	A	B	C
> > 1	Product 1	Supplier 2	£10.00
> > 2	Product 2	Supplier 1	£8.00
> > 3	Product 3	Supplier 2	£8.00
> > 4	Product 2	Supplier 2	£6.00
> > 5	Product 1	Supplier 2	£11.00
> > 6	Product 3	Supplier 1	£7.00

I have a list of over 1000 Product in column A and in column B over 30
Supplies and in column C the price of each product from different Supplies.
Each Supplier may offer same product but with different prices ( e.g. Table
below ). All the information is in sheet 1.

	A	B	C
1	Product 1	Supplier 2	£10.00
2	Product 2	Supplier 1	£8.00
3	Product 3	Supplier 2	£8.00
4	Product 2	Supplier 2	£6.00
5	Product 1	Supplier 3	£11.00
6	Product 3	Supplier 1	£7.00

I have created sheet 2 ( e.g. table below ) I need formula which updates
under heading of each supplier to show which product is cheapest from each
supplier for all the  product

	      A	           B	                  C
1	Supplier 101   Supplier 2         Supplier 3
2	Product 100    Product 14        Product 16
3	Product 9	     Product 25        Product 111
4	Product 590    Product 89        Product 2
5	Product 250    Product 56        Product 15
6	Product 1	     Product 999      Product 8

Thanks for any help I get

Excel 2007 & Solver
Here's a good one... I have my My Documents folder redirected by Group Policy to a network share, and have enabled Offline files, so I can use them while I'm disconnected from my corporate network. Last week, it was "if Ken is online and tries to use Solver, he gets this message: \\server\mydocuments\ken\solver.xlam cannot be found. Check your spelling, or try a different path" (but I didn't get this while in "offline" mode. Now, this week, I get the above error message while in offline mode. In My Documents, i'm not showing a solver.xlam file whil...

PPT hangs up when editing Excel charts
Editing PPT imbedded Excel charts, PPT constantly locks up, forcing me to have to recover the PPT file. I know this problem has been documented... any fixes? Thanx! -- Bill Assuming this is 2007 SP2 theres a hotfix available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975021 Choose view and request near the top -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Bill" wrote: > Editing PPT imbedded Excel charts, PPT constantly locks up, forcing me to > have to recover...

Publish interactive data to the Web using Excel (Problem)
Greetings, im having some problems with publishing interactive data to the Web using Excel. I followed the instructions at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010552771033.aspx I downloaded and installed the Office Web Components (owc11.exe) - I tried using both the Danish and the English version I am running with IE8.0 I am using MS Office 2003 using SP3 (11.8320.8221) I am running WindowsXP SP3 No matter what I do i allways get the message: Hvis du vil bruge denne webside interaktivt, skal du have Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 2 (SP2) el...

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

File Size Bloat (serious) with Excel-XP ?
Is there a known bloat problem with Excel-XP saving earlier formats ? A friend of mine has been having a problem with serious bloat of an Excel file under XP. After inserting some email links (about 30) into a very small spreadsheet and saving as excel-95 format (which should actually just trash the links) his file size hit 1.5mb. I took his 1.5mb file, saved it to text, imported it and recreated the links in Excel-2000. With the exact same content that he had, I got a file size of under 50K for both excel-2000 format (links preserved) or in excel-95 format (links get trashed). So, s...

Clear a worksheet without clearing formulas?
Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i need a blank worksheet with the formulas still intact. doodah, try this, Edit, go to, special, constants, OK, delete -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "doodah" <doodah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:938DD5AB-A704-4C9C-93EE-772ADA2BD872@microsoft.com... > Have a worksheet been using; don't have a blank master. Now i...

Excel 2003
I have a sheet which works perfectly in Excel 2007. It is an xls. When I protect the sheet, users who have Excel 2003 lose the use of the ENTER key to advance to the next cell. Help! Unlock those cells they can change. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "General Specific" <brad_pitstain@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cfbf03db-e1b8-4cbb-a958-ac97c1feecd9@s41g2000vba.googlegroups.com... >I have a sheet which works perfectly in Excel 2007. It is an xls. > > When I protect the sheet, users who have Excel 2003 lose the use of > the E...

Excel 97 macros won't run in Excel 2003
What changes to my Excel 97 Auto_Open and Auto_Close subroutines are required so that my programs will run in Excel 2003, an upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2003. Is this information hidden in the Help files somewhere? I don't have xl2003 but they should work OK, depending on what you are doing. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Keith Close" <keith.close2@verizon.net> wrote in message news:694201c4758f$aa558140$a601280a@phx.gbl... > What changes to my Excel 97 Auto_Open and Auto_Close > subroutines are required so that my programs will run in &...

Calendar in Excel #5
Can someone help me with a calendar to use in Excel that can be formatted so as to show special dates, current holidays, etc. WARNING: I need explicit instructions. This sort of stuff is not intuitive to me. Thanks, Dot ...

Formula solution????
I'm new to excel and have a problem that I need solved. Can someon help? This is what I was givin. (L1*L2-L3/L4+7L5^2) L1=5, L2=2, L3=6, L4=3, L5=3 DECIMAL POINT AT 0. I came out with an answer of 8. Not really sure if I did it right o not? Thank You to anyone that replies -- Steve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steve S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1468 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26308 (L1*L2-L3/L4+7L5^2) has an error. Probably should be (L1*L2-L3/L...

Printable manuals GP version 10.0 on Windows 7
Hi, I have a client that has installed Windows 7 Professional client operating system. They are on version 10.0. The Printable manuals that are accessed via the ? help button do not open. The table of contents of the manuals is available but when you click on a particular series it does not open. They have installed Adobe PDF version 9 latest service packs but this has not fixed the issue. If i locate the manual through windows explore and the documentation folder under GP i can open the manual. Can anyone assist? Thanks -- Geoff James ...

shared Excel file crash
An Excel file is located on a server and is shared. Two PC's alway have this file opened to enter data hourly or more often for 24 hours. A new file is created for each day. One PC has Office 2000, the othe PC has Office 2002. Each user uses a different tab on the shared file The file on the Office 2000 machine crashes at least twice daily. Th operator saves data when new data is entered. However, when th crashed file is restored, the data the office 2000 PC entered is no there. They then have to re-enter the data and save. The data save by the office 2002 user is there. Occasiona...

Charting in EXCEL
I want to create a chart in EXCEL that, year by year, shows the range of a certain variable with four stacked bars for quartiles of a universe. I think I can figure out how to do this. On each of those annual bars, I would also like to show the relative position of two special extra data points. Probably they would be indicated by a diamond and a circle, or something like that. Though I know I could manually paste a diamond or circle onto each of these yearly automated stacked bars in nearly the correct position, that would be messy and a bit of work. And so I ask: Will EXCEL allow me to ...

how to combine multiple files in ms excel
how to combine 2 files become another single file. example:file 1: ........A........B....... name address combine with file 2: ............A...........B...............C name address phone so, will become: file 3: ...........A............B.............C name address phone Hi (similar to a question yesterday) if file 1 contains ALL of the names as file 2 (and some extra) and file 2 has no additional names then, in file 1 in column C use the formula of =VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!$B$2:$C$1000,2,0) this says, match up the...

how do I open an excel spreadsheet attachment from microsoft word?
I received an email with an attachment that is an excel spreadsheet. My computer is coming up with a message to get program from online. I go to the website and click on microsoft excel and download, but I still can not open the attachment. What am I doing wrong, and how do I open this attachment, without having to tell my customer to send it to me as a word document? There is an Excel Viewer, a free download which will enable you to open Excel files, available from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details/aspx Also, you could think about Openoffice - I can't find a suita...

How can I set different print areas in the same Excel sheet?
I know very little about Excel since until recently all of my work was in Microsoft Word. However, people now email Excel documents to me to print and I get more confused with each one. Is it possible to set three different-sized print areas in one sheet, each with a different percentage of size adjustment? There are times when many pages of a sheet will go from A-H and the last one or two will go from A-AS. When each sheet is set to fit on a legal size page, the A-H pages are as microscopic as the last ones. What, if anything, could I do to even out the appearance and readabilit...

Can't use "X" to exit Excel
At a new job an acquaintance tells me he is running Windows XP and the "X" at the upper right of the Excel window is greyed out. He is only able to exit Excel by using the File-Exit command. I've never heard of this before- anybody know what's going on? Best bet is that he is also running Groupwise. This is a known issue and is addressed at Microsoft Knowledge base. Do a search within Excel for Groupwise. They have instructions for deleting the offending file. "Steve Farrar" <stfarrar@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:73182d45.0312091041.15be9ab@posti...

Programming for different version of EXCEL
I am going to start a program that will be used on multiple computers. Some have EXCEL 2003 and some have 2000. My development machine has 2003. If I supply the interop DLL from my computer to the machines running 2000 will my program be compatible? if not what is the best way to go about starting this project? Personally I have developed programs on 2K that would not run on 97. I only imagine there are similar problems among other version changes. The only solution I've found is to do the development in the oldest version you expect to be used. The compatibility in that dir...

excel for analysis
Hi, Please how may i use excel for analysis as in SPSS package.Otherwise which package works best for statistical analysis. "ARTERIES4U" <olanrewaju.hassan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:33c41285-1501-492f-b75d-72f2fa64218f@e7g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Please how may i use excel for analysis as in SPSS package.Otherwise > which package works > > best for statistical analysis. Which SPSS Package? If it's PASW (formerly Clementine) you can use your excel spreadsheet as a source node, then analyse using the full power ...

Cant update 10.1.4 and 10.1.5
I have updated to 10.1.2 sucessfully. But When I try 10.1.4 It tells me = it=20 cannot locate office x. And a finder pops up asking me to choose=20 Microsoft comp. plugin from trash or hard drive. I have read to trash=20 the plugin and repair permissions. I have done this repeatedly. The=20 microsoft site has no other help that I can find.=20 Please, if anyone knows how to install these let me know...Thanks On 12/16/03 3:23 PM, in article 043501c3c42b$8d995560$a401280a@phx.gbl, "Bill C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have updated to 10.1.2 sucessfully. B...

Workflow email 02-06-07
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

Where to find translation of Excel functions
Hi! I have an annoying problem I wanted to solve long time ago. When I use an Excel version other than English, I keep forgetting the equivalent in the other language (e.g. "sum" is "summa" in the Swedish and "Somme" in French version). I bet there is a smart way to solve this problem. Any ideas? Many thanx! Try http://cherbe.free.fr/traduc_fonctions_xl97.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Alfred" <lavedure@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fba781b_1@news.estpak.ee... > Hi! > > I have an annoying problem I wanted to solve long tim...

How do I sort a Piviot table by the Total field in Excel 2002
I need help with how to sort Piviot table not in alph order. and using a total. On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, "dawn.pitzer@poloralphlauren.com" <dawn.pitzer@poloralphlauren.com.invalid> said: >I need help with how to sort Piviot table not in alph order. and using a >total. Use Right click.. Field.. Advanced.. Autosort Options.. Ascending.. by Total -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

HTTP link in Excel
Hi I have created an extra item in a drop down menu in the Excel menu toolbar, and have attached an onclick event on it which when clicked should go to a website. However eventhough the url loads it becomes distorted, boxes, texts are not in line etc. What do I have to do so the Web page displays as it is meant too. Thanks for any help on this. Regards Subs Excel will invoke Internet Explorer when browsing an HTML file, is that different from you default browser. Can you supply the url name for your problem link, unless it is not available or confidential. Does it behave different...

Excel To Pagemaker
I have compiled a rather large technical bilingual dictionary: 16.000 entries in Spanish, 13000 entries in English, in excel 2000 pro. The term entry is in column A and the definition or translation is in Column B. The printers tell me they need to have the whole dictionary in ONE column to import it to PageMaker and even so they cannot keep the font format. I have tried to do multiple copy-and-paste of column A to B with no success. As I try to insert, the "paste" sign dimms on me and I cannot do it. I have done a few hundred entries one by one but it is a nightmare. I used two c...