Excel format display

Does anybody know how to display the keystrokes in Excel to assist in editing?
0
anonymous (74722)

Donna

The wording here is a little ambiguous.

Could you re-post with a better descriptions?

If you want a list of shortcut keys for editing, see Help>Answer Wizard or
Index on "shortcut keys".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 06:21:03 -0700, "Donna"

>Does anybody know how to display the keystrokes in Excel to assist in editing?

0
Gord

How do I convert a file from Quattro Pro to Excel 2002
Where do I find a converter in Microsoft Office XP Professional to convert directly from a *.wb1 file in Quattro Pro to Excel 2002. At present I am using a workaround, by first saving as a Lotus 1-2-3 file in Quattro Pro and then opening this in Excel. What version of Quattro Pro do you have? QP 11 aloows me to save in Excel 97 Format. Excels 97 - 2003 have the same file format, so you'd be able to open it up in any of those versions of Excel. You may need Third Party Software to open files generated by newer versions of QP. I don't think it covers recent QP files, but you could...

Write a Help file for an excel application that I've written
What software do I need to purchase to generate an Office type Help file for an Excel application that I've written? Is it possible to integrate the help file into the Excel application file? My computer has Office XP - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Best regards, Fred Russell Hi Fred, Microsoft offer a free help authoring tool: http://tinyurl.com/3nznp However, note Robin Hammond's comments: http://tinyurl.com/7vovw --- Regards, Norman "Fred Russell" <frussell@msn.com> wrote in message news:uTam%23ImCGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... ...

Disappearing Formatting Toolbar
Hi there, I have a user who has to turn on the Formatting Toolbar every time he creates a new email message. Anybody know why it will not stay turned on? Any ideas? Thanks. What mail format is being used? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Kris asked: | Hi there, | I have a user who has to turn on the Formatting Toolbar every time he | creates a new email message. Anybody know ...

Pivot Tables with OLAP Cube
Hi! I use Excel Pivot Tables as OLAP Cube Browser, for cubes which are on an SQL Server Analysis Services Server. This works fine and I'm happy with it, but some of my cubes contain dimension properties, that only Excel 2003 can show, and my company's unfortunately working with Office 2000, Excel 2000 doesn't handle the dimension properties. Does anyone know an Add-in or something I could install for Excel 2000 to access the dimension properties as well? Or Does anyone know a free asp web cube browser such as http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=d13da3cd-d...

Formatting XmlTextWriter Output
// I want this format... <rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/"> The WriteStartElement is used for the rss element and extended using the WriteAttributeString method which outputs the version and namespace attributes. Can someone tell me how to format the output as shown above? <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > // I want this format... > <rss vers...

bitmap display
Hi, Im developing mfc application for displaying bmp images for my university project.I donno which api will display bmp faster.I know to use Createdibitmap and LoadImage apis. I dont know which will be quick to display the image.I want to view image in any size i.e the image can be resized.So when using Createdibitmap() will it be possible to resize the image.Thanks in advance. Susi. Here are your options(any one of the following will work) 1. Use GDI+. 2. Use CStatic::SetBitmap. You are responsible for loading the bitmap and stretching it if resized. 3. Use CPictureHolder class in M...

Suta Format
Hello all we are here in wisconsin and there appear to be changes to the way they accept the format of the file we used to produce. We used to be able to just send the default file structure that came out of great plains and send that in. Now that format no longer applies and the table that hold the data for the SUTA report is a temp table. I was wondering if anyone knows the tables I need in order for me to generate the file myself. Or maybe even and easier way around this issue. This quarter I told them just to take the printed report and enter it into excel with the proper forma...

Excel crashes immediately upon startup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel excel seems to crash every time I try to start it up. several excel files I've tried to load immediately flash up, load for a brief second, and then excel crashes and asks to report a problem. I've tried removing preferences, reinstalling, removing old install receipts, even transferring my user to a clean system with no success. I've updated with the most recent version and still no success. the problem is within my user account, as excel starts fine in a test user. However with the amount of docume...

Dynamically set border in excel 2003?
i would like to use a border for a series of worksheets i am building in excel 2003. content in the worksheets will be dynamic so i cannot pre-determine the range. is there a way to tell excel to build the border from A1:after-the-last-row-that-has-content-in-column-A"? i doubt the content will ever extend beyond twnety or so rows but i don't want to set a static border and then if a worksheet has only 3 rows, the border doesn't print until after 17 blank rows. -- thanks so much! veek Using VBA you can do that. The statement below defines a range of occupied cells in ...

using excel to analyze time series data
I have two columns of data - column A has dates in chronological order and column B has corresponding closing prices. I'd like to programmically (or with a formula), find the first date of each month and add the corresponding closing prices and then divide by the number of closing prices that meet the criteria. Is this something that I can do in excel? Should I learn VBA? Or should I look elsewhere? Just want to also note that by the first date of each month, I meant the earliest date of each month, which in my data isn't always the 1st. On Jun 9, 9:32=A0am, eggman2001 <sod...@gm...

Size, Rotation, and Ordering not available for forms Excel 2008
I need to align a huge number of check boxes on a form. They are considered objects, so the Size, Rotation, and Ordering option should show up on the Formatting toolbar, but it's not. So how do I align and space 1000+ checkboxes? On 5/4/10 6:05 PM, fogharty wrote: > I need to align a huge number of check boxes on a form. They are > considered objects, so the Size, Rotation, and Ordering option should > show up on the Formatting toolbar, but it's not. So how do I align and > space 1000+ checkboxes? You are correct. Size rotation and ordering is not available for ...

Too many different cell formats
Recently, while working with a large Excel 2000 workbook, I encountered an error. The error read "Too many different cell formats." After clicking "OK" I saved and closed the workbook. Unfortunately, now, my workbook will not open!!! Microsoft's fix posted on their website is to reduce the file formats in the workbook. However, once you've closed the workbook, it is impossible to open it again. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem. My last backup file is over two weeks old!!! Thanks, Mike It may be possible to deal with this but I would nee...

Excel + SVG
Does anybody know how to render/display SVG graphs within an Excel worksheet? Any plugins required? Thanks ...

How to save excel from webpage?
I have a webpage containing a link to a spreadsheet <a href="somefilename.xls">click</a> When the link is clicked a spreadsheet opens in internet explorer using some sort of excel COM object. I would like to enable the user to edit the spreadsheet and then save the changes in the existing file. How ever IE only offers "save as" not "save" and it dosent suggest the original filename. The users already have write acces to the area where the excel sheet is published. How do i make IE suggest the original filename or enable the "save" menu?? ...

excel 4.0 macro remover tool
Dear all, i am looking for excel 4.0 macro removal tool from excel 97 file.Actually we are facing such problem from two months and it gives pain.some excel files contain macro of excel 4.0 with "very hidden and very protective" attribute so that we cannot remove it.i have searched on net and found that there are some tools called macro remover which can remove all types of macros from excel file including excel 4.0 macro from excel 97 file,but it charges which i cannot afford.so if there any tool that can remove particular excel 4.0 macro from excel 97 file please let me know...

i Think I need some help with conditional formatting
I am a bit of a novice so please forgive me if this is a very basi posting. I have a number of columns and at the top of each there is date. I would like the whole of the cloumn to be shaded grey if tha date is either a Saturday or a Sunday. Any ideas?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you want to aply this for example to the columns A:F try the following: - select column A:F - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =WEEKDAY(A$1,2)>=6 - choose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am a bit of a novice so...

Conditionally formatting text and numbers differently
I am trying to do conditional formatting on cells in Excel 2007 such that if they contain numeric data, they will be formatted in one font, style, and size, and if they contain text (e.g. "Out of range"), another combination. The nearest I can find is to format specific text, but even when I enter the possible text entries, the system will allow me to change only style, underline, color, and strikethrough, but not font or size. And even then, I can see no way to format numeric data and text differently, or to do so without specifying the text itself. If A1 is the acti...

Displaying worksheet name in cell
Is there any way to display a worksheet name in a cell (without using macros). I have tried =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,255) but if I use this on multiple sheets in the same workbook, they all end up displaying the same name! Include a reference to each sheet: =MID(CELL("filename",a1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",a1))+1,255) Adrian wrote: > > Is there any way to display a worksheet name in a cell (without using macros). > > I have tried =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("...

How do I fix column widths in Excel Pivot Tables?
How do I fix column widths in Excel Pivot Tables so that width does not change with each refresh? If your pivot table is already created, select a cell within the table and click on the Pivot Table Wizard Button. Select the Options button, deselect the AutoFormat option box and select the Preserve Formatting option box. If just creating your pivot table, at step 3 of 3 of the wizard click the Options button and do as above. Note: when formatting the table, if you have any categories in the "Page" section, make sure it is set to "All" and not filtered otherwise it ke...

A Weird One: "Too Many Formats"
I have a fairly large workbook with about 12 tabs. No graphs; but a bunch of text blocks, tables, etc. Every once in a while I get the "Too many formats" error. Sometimes it goes away if I close and reopen the workbook. One time, though, I couldn't even open the workbook - got the error insetaed. Anyone ever come across this one? (I do have a bunch of custom formats, but not a ton; also have about 20 names). Thanks... Randy Here is some information XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitc...

Taking away from stock in excel 2007
Ok so basically, i am using excel for stock purposes. I insert the customers information, what product is being bought etc.. then i want it to take away from the stock i have. For example Say i am selling Microsoft excel 2007 (Ironic isn't it?) I would need it to recognise the products used in shipping.. (a4 envolope, 1st class stamp) Say i have the column 'A', if i enter Microsoft Excel 2007 into there (From a dropdown list) and then the envolope quantity in 'B5' and stamps 'B6' Is there any way how i can take away the envolope quantity and stamp...

Disabling automatic date formatting
I continually have problems with Excel insisting on automatically formatting certain data as dates. For example, I frequently paste data into Excel that looks like this: 4-5 and Excel insists on formatting it as a date. I need to keep this data as 4-5 (text). How can I disable this auto-formatting? prior to entry, format the cells as Text (format=>Cells, pick numberformat tab and select text). or put in the data prefaced by a single quote '4-5 -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Frank Marousek" <frank@n-c-systems.com> wrote in message news:%23DRhZ0SfDHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

2 Files Open In 2 Instances Of Excel #3
Dave...... It works superb, But however........when the code gets to the Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True part, it opens a pop up prompt window saying "Existing Remote Links Will Be Terminated" And then asks for an "OK" or a "Cancel" Is there a way to stop this pop up from dissplaying? Hope you can once again help. Thanks Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://w...

Excel Consultant Registry
Is there a directory or registry that lists Excel consultants by geographic location? I would like to locate one in my area in the US. I am not aware of any geographic listing of Excel consultants. Most of the "experts" who post in these newsgroups and who do consulting do not post their location. I assume most feel that it is not germane as most Excel consulting work is done via the Internet and by phone. Even the Microsoft list of Excel MVP's skimps on the location aspect... https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx?product=1&competency=Excel A newsgroup p...

RE: Excel Drop down box question
Hey all, I am using excel 2007 on XP Professional SP2. I am using a drop down box on a worksheet that selects from a column of designated data elsewhere on the worksheet. The data I have is 1 row of codes, with 1 row of descriptions for that code. I would like to select a code in the drop down box and have the corresponding description fill in an adjacent cell to the drop down box. Is this possible? Example Codes Description 1 One 2 Two 3 Three 4 Four etc... When code '1' is selected in the drop down box for cell A1, I want cell A2 to populate ...