Excel file locked by user/process problem

Hi all,
I need help! We have a shared Excel file on the network.  The las
person who worked on it on Saturday says he closed the file properl
and everything was fine.  However, today, Excel keeps saying that he'
in it.  I've asked him to reboot his computer.  I've searched fo
temporary files in the folder where the file resides.  Still couldn'
find anything.  I tried deleting it with DOS and it still doesn't le
me because it says "The file is in use."  I don't care who's using i
now.  I just want to terminate the process and delete the file.
I was going to reboot the server where the file is stored, but jus
want to make sure it'll work since people will chop my head off if
re-booted the server and the file is still locked!
Thanks for any suggestions!
nga

--
thoainga
thoaingan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1438

Reboot the server

"thoaingan" <thoaingan.1cw1fz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
:
: Hi all,
: I need help! We have a shared Excel file on the network.  The last
: person who worked on it on Saturday says he closed the file properly
: and everything was fine.  However, today, Excel keeps saying that he's
: in it.  I've asked him to reboot his computer.  I've searched for
: temporary files in the folder where the file resides.  Still couldn't
: find anything.  I tried deleting it with DOS and it still doesn't let
: me because it says "The file is in use."  I don't care who's using it
: now.  I just want to terminate the process and delete the file.
: I was going to reboot the server where the file is stored, but just
: want to make sure it'll work since people will chop my head off if I
: re-booted the server and the file is still locked!
: Thanks for any suggestions!
: ngan
:
: