Excel - Expense tracking-multiple users

Have 7 ppl sending me bi-monthly expense updates via Excel. Then I have to
take all their "new" updated data and incorporate into a Master .xls, which
the 7 ppl can't access directly unfortunately. Problem is, when I get the
updates from the 7 ppl, I need to be able to see what is "new" data since
their previous update. I've been reading about History sheets in Track
Changes, but it's all getting a little confusing. Can some expert out there
help me think through a solution, because I'm sure there's one out there! I
need to write up a set of instructions for each of the 7 users, since they
will control their own data worksheets.

If their data is cumulative for the entire month simply overwrite the old
data with the new.
Otherwise a macro to check for duplicates

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett@gmail.com
"Hilli" <Hilli @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have 7 ppl sending me bi-monthly expense updates via Excel. Then I have to
> take all their "new" updated data and incorporate into a Master .xls,
> which
> the 7 ppl can't access directly unfortunately. Problem is, when I get the
> updates from the 7 ppl, I need to be able to see what is "new" data since
> their previous update. I've been reading about History sheets in Track
> Changes, but it's all getting a little confusing. Can some expert out
> there
> help me think through a solution, because I'm sure there's one out there!
> need to write up a set of instructions for each of the 7 users, since they
> will control their own data worksheets.

0
Don

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

need info on excel
Hi. This is my first time posting to this NG. I visited my accountant today and he recomended me to get Microsoft Excel so that I can stay more organized and present my tax figures easier. I dont know a thing about excel. I have been doing things the old fashion way. I use COrel Word perfect to do documents and make my own graphs and log info to that. But thats it. I went to the web site and I beleive Excel 2003 costs about $200. to upgrade is $109 or so. Is there a cheaper way to get this program or an alternative. Please, is there anyone who can also tell me why excel is go good,what it can ...

Roaming Office Errors for Network Users
We have had ongoing issues with Word and Excel, both v.X and 2004. In Word, the problem is usually a Disk Full error, with Excel it is usually a Document not Saved error when the user saves. Our users are network accounts on Xserves running 10.4.9 and clients are both PPC and X86 Macs, running 10.4.7 - 10.4.9. All user IDs are unique and managed via Open Directory. The problems arise typically after the user has been working with the file for some time. In the Word situation, the error pops up unexpectedly, while the Excel error only pops up on a save. In both cases, Word and Excel f...

Scan documents directly to excel
I am looking for a good OCR program that will allow we to scan thousands of pages of phone bills diretly to MS Excel. If anyone has any idea what I could use, I would appreciate it. http://www.textbridge.com Hope you have a scanner with a sheet feeder. Actually, faxing into the computer may work once you have OCR. HP makes printer/fax/copier/scanners with OCR software as part of the package. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Debbie" <DLLower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02b201c347d3$1e2c5800$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking for a good OCR program that...

Excel 97 to Excel XP (default margins)
I have excel files created in Excel 97. When I open this files wit Excel XP, the margins are not the sames. In Excel 97 are 0,0,0,0. In Excel Xp are 2.5,2,2.5,2 Can you help me? Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just did a quick test and margins set at zero in Excel 97 stayed at zero in Excel 2002. Puzzled. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Could be a different printer driver from when the file was created in 97 vs now in XP? Or even a differ...

Excel formatting #3
Could someone please help with a macro or any other suggestion to format an Excel sheet. Basically data is downloaded from a bank every week and the size of the file can vary but the formatting is constant. That is each record is 7 lines. So first record is line1-7, second record is line 8-14, third record is line 15-21 and so on. I need to format this data and basically I can record a macro for one data set that is for the record on line 1 to 7. My question is how can I set it to replicate so that it replicates for line 8-14 and then 15-21 and so on. The source formatting remains the same...

clash between different versions of excel?
Hi all. I created an excel document using excel2003 and save it in a file server. As it is a shared file, it was opened by another user using excel97 for editing. However after the file was saved by the user of excel97, the layout of the content in the file became very different compared to the 1 that was saved by myself when i was using excel2003. As the user of excel97 merely change the data without editing any layout, why did this happened? Is it due to the different versions of excel being used? How can i solve this? Thks in advance. ...

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

coalesce excel data
I developed a data logger for a computer simulation that people interact with. The logged data is stored in a tab deliminated text format. That data can be imported into Excel. I bring in different subjects and have them test the simulation while I log their usage of the simulation. I would like to be able to coalesce the logged data of all the different subjects data into meaningful statistics about the simulation. I can log the data by time or by room the person is in the simulation. The data logged per time slice or per room is health, amount of object 1, amount of object 2, etc. So it woul...

Camera Tool in Excel
Hi, Please advise when using the camera tool in excel why would the linked picture not change when the data in the original range changes I am trying to create a dashbord, using the camera tool Kind regards Renier van Staden In 2003 I cannot replicate your problem. Which version of Excel and what are the steps you take to create a dashboard? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:37:01 -0700, Renier van Staden <Renier van Staden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, Please advise when using the camera tool in excel why would the linked >picture not change when...

Maximum Named Ranges in excel
Hello all, I am using the Named ranges in excel to store metadata about each cell in excel that can persist with the excel file. So 1 cell = 1 Named Range.Advantage of using this approach is excel automatically updates the name references, even if we cut-and paste cells. As per this link(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051992911033.aspx ), the amount of named ranges is limited only by the amount of available memory. I wrote a small macro that adds names to each cell in excel, considering an average data of 10000 rows into 10 columns. Like this: <short version...

Ctrl-H crashing Excel 2002 fixed by Office XP SP3.
In thread "Ctrl-H crashes Excel 2002", a couple of dozen threads before this one, I reported that, in Excel 2002 without Service Packs applied: After you do a search by Values (as opposed to Formulas), henceforth Ctrl-H crashes Excel. (You could prevent that by reassigning Ctrl-H to a macro.) Thanks to Mike Mendelson & Dave Peterson, I found that Office XP SP3 fixes the problem. (I don't know which SP fixed the bug--1, 2, or 3.) Now, Ctrl-H brings up the Search dialog without crashing. *** ...

What Excel macro puts data in the NEXT row of a sheet?
I have a list of data in col B of sheet 2 which I need to copy and transpose into sheet 1, then delete the data in sheet 2 to use the form again to copy and transpose onto the next line in sheet 1. I have tried with a macro shortcut I've called ctrl + e. (I am really using the data form process but cannot because I have too many inputs). Is there a simple macro I can copy and paste? ...

Problems with customizing styles in the Tracking Gantt
Hi, I want to modify the appearance of critical tasks in the Tracking Gantt but somehow it doesn't work. When I open the Bar Styles dialog, I select the first row (Show for "Normal, Critical" tasks, From - Start, To - Finish). I want to change the default pattern to be tick since when I print the chart the critical tasks almost do not appear. However, when I choose another pattern nothing changes. There is another funny thing. When I double-click a particular task, I see under the Bar Text tab that it shows Baseline Duration to the left and % Complete to the right....

Code stops for one user, like it has a breakpoint
I have a user where the code stops at this line like it has a breakpoint, but it doesn't. There is no issue on my system. myUserName = Environ("USERNAME") When the user presses F5, it continues to run. Has anyone seen this and what do I need it to do to run without stopping? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb The only thing that stikes me about this is the case. I run several files in here that are used by about 50 people every days. Environ("UserName") has never given us a problem (note the use of Proper Case rather than your UPPER). -- ...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

Delegate multiple calendars for Manager
Question Hi - I need to delegate the calendars for 12 department members to my manager. Is there any way to do this, other than on a user-by-user basis? Thank you Hi, You can set calendar permissions using pfdavadmin (can be found on MS web). Leif "TheITDude" <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D276128F-1639-4AA9-9B05-5ABB1663433A@microsoft.com... > Question > Hi - I need to delegate the calendars for 12 department members to my > manager. Is there any way to do this, other than on a user-by-user basis? > > Thank you ...

Excel 09-06-07
Need some help please............. Senario....... in Column B you have a company names (different ones), then is say coulmn E you have some figures like say number of kgs. Is it possible to add all the figures from column E for each different company... Column B Colum E Smiths 123kgs Jones 200kgs fred 75kgs Smiths 450kgs so you get say a months total of the kgs each company has done. Use &qu...

Font property in Excel VBA causes 100 % CPU loop
I am using Excel 2002 SP-2 on a Windows XP machine running a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor with 1 Gb RAM. When building a VBA userform, whenever I click on the properties box to change the font size for e.g. a label or textbox caption, Excel starts another process (i.e. I see another Excel process on the Windows task bar) and consumes close to 100 % of my CPU. The first couple of times I tried this, Excel eventually brought up the font properties window (after more than a minute). The third time I tried this, I had to crash Excel via Windows Task Manager. At the time of trying to change the ...

Prefill Multiple Macro Buttons
I created a template and created multiple macro buttons where the user can click and type the appropriate information. There are several macro buttons that are the same and the user would have to key the information in several times. For example: [Click and type company name]. Is there a way to have the user type the company name once in that macro buttun and it prefills all the macro buttons that have [Click and type company name]? Thanks! Jlo See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><...

Excel Sheets
Is the number of sheets one is able to add to an Excel 2003 document limited? User wants to create a document with upwards of 400 sheets. Each sheet would have about 10 rows, each row would have at least 1 calculation. Is this feasible under Excel 2003? TIA DDS Hi Danny: The maximum number of sheets in a workbook is limited by available memory. By default the number of sheets in a new workbook is 3 but this may be altered by using: Tools > Options > General Change to a maximum of 255 However, there is nothing to stop you adding more sheets. Generally, you'll find things ge...

ActiveX controls cause Excel to Shutdown
Last night I was doing some simple coding in VBA. The code applied to two command buttons: one would copy and paste a line along with adding a few check boxes, the other would delete said line and boxes. I saved one of my first stabs at the code, and when I went to add another command button Excel would shut itself down and auto recover my previous work. I had been seeing the error "object library invalid or contains references to object definitions" before this began happening. I have Microsoft Office 2003 and have tried re-installing it, to no avail. Every time I use the Activ...

Exchange 2007 and multiple domains
Need some help with Exchange 2007 and multiple domains... If you run Exchange 2007 and host multiple domains and having problems with OOF (http://www.pro-exchange.eu/modules.php?$1&name=News&file=article&sid=686) Is implementing a UC (SAN) Certificate in Exchange the only sollution? (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997633.aspx) ...

Excel Conditional Formula Problem #2
undefined::undefined::undefined My e-mail address is retrofit03@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help -- wilson3141 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wilson31416's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1628 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27686 ...