Excel Error Message When Opening A File

The boss's computer using Excel 97 under Windows XP gets
this error when opening a file:

"A document with the name xxxx.xls is already open. You
cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the
documents are in different folders. To open the second
document, either close the document that's currently
open, or rename one of the documents."

There is no other copy of the document open. I would
appreciate it if anyone knows how to stop this. My boss
would appreciate it if I could solve this problem he is
having.

Thanks.

0
paul467 (1)

From Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

Excel 2007

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.