Excel devides every number by 100

Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back.
I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is
very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.

thanks
0
kings (1)

"=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in

> Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5)
> and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell
> format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and
> adding loads of work to my project.
>
> thanks

G'day,

In Tools\Options\Edit turn off Fixed decimal
If that doesn't help, I don't know.

Cheers,
Julian

--
Julian Mattay,     email: julian x mattay z csiro x au
(where x -> dot, z -> at)

Mangesh

kings Wrote:
> Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05
> back.
> I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea?
> it is
> very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.
>
> thanks

Hi

I had just the same problem about two years ago, and all changes in
Eccel options did not help. I thought had an excel macro virus. etc.!
The problem has then been resolved, but I have to remeber how
Sorry that does not help, hopefully me or somebody else could write you
back shortly

--
Accountant
Accountant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22662

Thanks you all fro your help. the fixed decimal thing woprked.

Cheers

Stephen