Excel devides every number by 100

Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back.
I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is
very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.

thanks
0
kings (1)

"=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in

> Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5)
> and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell
> format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and
> adding loads of work to my project.
>
> thanks

G'day,

In Tools\Options\Edit turn off Fixed decimal
If that doesn't help, I don't know.

Cheers,
Julian

--
Julian Mattay,     email: julian x mattay z csiro x au
(where x -> dot, z -> at)

Mangesh

kings Wrote:
> Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05
> back.
> I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea?
> it is
> very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.
>
> thanks

Hi

I had just the same problem about two years ago, and all changes in
Eccel options did not help. I thought had an excel macro virus. etc.!
The problem has then been resolved, but I have to remeber how
Sorry that does not help, hopefully me or somebody else could write you
back shortly

--
Accountant
Accountant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22662

Thanks you all fro your help. the fixed decimal thing woprked.

Cheers

Stephen

"Accountant" wrote:

> kings Wrote:
> > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05
> > back.
> > I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea?
> > it is
> > very annoying and adding loads of work to my project.
> >
> > thanks
>
> Hi
>
> I had just the same problem about two years ago, and all changes in
> Eccel options did not help. I thought had an excel macro virus. etc.!
> The problem has then been resolved, but I have to remeber how
> Sorry that does not help, hopefully me or somebody else could write you
> back shortly
>

> --
> Accountant
> Accountant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22662
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376238

Duplicate entries in excel spreadsheet
I have lists of attendees to an annual event. I've taken the lists and combined them, and sorted them by first and last name alpha. I want to keep the names and corresponding collumns for those that attended my event more than once and dump the rest. Is there a way to sort them quickly as i have over 15,000 names. Cheers! I'd insert two new columns before the list, say A and B. In the first data row in B, say B2, I'd enter a formula that combines the first and last names to create a field the uniquely identifies each record: =C2&D2 and copy it down to all records. N...

Excel file size reduction
Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. For one possible problem (and solution) see http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. > > "Stacie Pierson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Excel question ?
Hi, can anyone help me out with this .... I have excel 2003 table and sheet inside of it have some formulas. I would like to paste text data from notepad to that sheet without of erasing any of the containing formulas which are like I said already there. Thanx Hi Steve You could create a textbox from the ">View >Toolbars > Drawing menu, then paste your information in it. The textbox can be size and position any place on your sheet. HTH John "Steve" <steveaa@dzemail.com> wrote in message news:id0ci1$mh2$1@localhost.localdomain... > Hi, can anyone help me o...

how do i see the numbers of pages at the bottom of my work sheet?
i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very inconvenient. what happened maggiekins wrote: > i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i > worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to > page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very > inconvenient. what happened ============================= View / Status Bar. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** ...

Need to separate multiple numbers in one cell
I have multiple number in one cell and i need to somehow put each number into one separate cell for each number: I have : column A row1 2 5 8 10 I want: column B column C column D column E row1 2 5 8 10 How do I do it on Excel 2007? thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Map Stored Procedure Output To Class Properties http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2853a1aa-5db7-40d0-9cde-46847fa770ef/map-stored-procedure-outp.aspx Hi, Use Data > Text to columns and specify the delimiter as space ...

'Save As' hangs Excel XP 2002 SP3
I have a problem in our office. For the most part Excel works fine. We can open files and save them as long as we dont use the 'Save As' feature and try to save it to a Network Drive. Files can be saved locally then have to be copied to the Network Share. Of course my first reaction was 'Permissions Issue'. BUt each user has full access to the folder. They can right click and create a new Excel file and rename it. BUt if they open that same file then try to 'Save As' back to the same folder Excel hangs. Using the 'Save' feature works just fine. ...

Excel Frequently Used Worksheets
I am looking for a funtion in Excel similar to the MS- Word menu option "WORK". In Word, this feature keeps a separate list of frequestly used documents that could be used a default docs such as a monthly report, letter(s), project headings/sections, etc. This list is separate from the standard 1-9 last opened documents. In Excel I see this feature as a great way to keep a similar set of spreadsheets that one must access frequently, but in the recently used list (1-9), could get rolled off. I looked through all the commands in Excel and could not find it at all. As far a...

convert text to predefined number in single column
Hi all, Greeting to all of you out there! I am a newbie to this forum and now I have a question here. I have a worksheet which contains thousands of records. Within a particular column (column "N") there are single character in the cells throughout the records (eg. "M", "S"). My question is how can I convert from "M" to "1" and "S" to "2" using formula? Kindly advise. Thanks and best regards. Eric --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a help column, =LOOKUP(N1,{"M","S"},{1,2}...

Validation Rule for IBAN Account number in MS Access Form field
Hi, In my table (and the form field linked to it) I have a field for the IBAN account number, which must be 2 Upper case characters A to Z, followed by 18 manadatory digits, and up to 28 total. So in my input mask I have this: >LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;; and it works fine. But when the user enters less than 20 characters total (including the two letters at the start and at least 18 digits) Access gives a very unfriendly ''The value you entered isn't appropriate for the input mask '>LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;;' specified for thi...

Converting excel files to doc files
Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Alvin, You can open an Excel file with Word, then save it. Word saves as doc files (if that's what you mean). Be sure to type the doc extension, or Word will overwrite your original xls file. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Alvin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2501c4316d$5e715b20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Dear Earl, Not good... My excel file...

Office Tabs -
One chinese guy developed one application that creates TABs in Excel Word and PowerPoint: OfficeTabs. http://www.officedocumenttab.com/ Everione is using -> Microsoft should take a look. I think its not so hard to have something in the Office Pack. It would be very useful for everyone. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Excel combinations from groups
I have the following problem with excel. I have a varied amount of groups of names and each group contains a different amount of names. I need excel to list all the possible combinations from each group. The combination size also varies. EG Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Dave Fred Janet Harry Bob Selina Jim jane Jo The group sizes vary and the amount of group vary. I need excel to make various combinations eg In a "2" combination Dave can go with Fred or Janet. Fr...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...

newbie to SQL trying to do a report in Excel
I have a SQL query I want to write to pull data to add weely node utilization percentages. The db is area--->headend--->router--->routerports--->transmitter--->nodes--->nodeNames also node--->utilization (utilization:nodeID, %, date) (nodes(nodeID:transmitterID, date created parentnodename) (NOdeNames:nodenamesID,NodeID) in my excel report I want to add a new column showing the node data for each week. Can I get the percentages from SQL into a text file then import into Excel showin...

Exclusion dictionary for excel 2003
Hi all, is there any way of having an exclusion dictionary for excel 2003? Thanks, Try this http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/ExcludeWordFromDic.htm Raul Queiroga wrote: > Hi all, > is there any way of having an exclusion dictionary for excel 2003? > > Thanks, ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...

excel-vb interface
hi! just want help on how i can integrate vb with excel, i want to use vb to create a macro that when clicked, a sheet of some sort pops up, the user inputs data into this screen, then the data is then transferred. and accumulated on excel... excel will be my database dump.... i would also like to learn how to use the "tabs" activeX control in vb... how can i put values into them? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, A simple solution would...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Excel Cell Formatting #3
How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? Hi you can't as such objects 'float' above the cells in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tom Coffey" <Tom Coffey@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E7356E1-4318-42F3-B9C6-3D7EDFBBEEA1@microsoft.com... > How do I centeer a picture in an Excel cell? ...

Count the number of worksheets in a workbook
Hello: Is there any function or other method to count the number of worksheets in a workbook? I have a workbook which includes dozens of worksheets (each for one client) and I would like to know the total number of clients. Thanks in advance! with VBA Function WSNum() WSNum = Activeworkbook.Worksheets.Count End Function -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Vincdc" <Vincdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA1A3F0D-947F-44B7-B5A0-B28671216EC9@microsoft.com... > Hello: > Is there any function or other method to co...

Chart changing based on change in data source (number of rows/colu
As I see, the data range for charting is normally fixed. I have to produce chart based on chaning rows and/or columns in data source table. Has anybody got some suggestion for me? Bal Ram Bhui - For Excel charts in general, I suggest Jon Peltier's web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/ For dynamic charts, I suggest: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta" <Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0B5564-26B0-4...

Excel budget (GP's V7.5)
When trying to import get error "Please enter an existing Excel file". Of course I am. Excel based budgeting has been initialized using sa. Any thoughts? Thanks ...