Excel Data Validation Combo box using Named Ranges

Hello, I am trying to follow the directions from...

using office 2007 but nothing I'm doing is working! I enabled the developer
tab and followed everything down to a tee but no luck. I finally downloaded
the sample and even it doesn't work the way its supposed to! Looked at the
code and it says option explicit at the very top. I do not know VB but im
guessing the code isn't working right. Does anyone know how to do this or a
site listing instructions for office 2007?

Tried doing searches for this but it seems like everywhere i look link back
to this same website!

Thanks in advance!

The code is working fine for me in 2007.

First you must save the sample workbook as a macro-enabled file in 2007
which allows code to run if your security settings allow.

Check those settings in Developer Tab>Macro Security.

Allow to run with notofication or add the folder where the file is stored to
your "Trusted Locations".

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:06:02 -0800, Robcole84
<Robcole84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello, I am trying to follow the directions from...
>
>http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal11.html
>
>using office 2007 but nothing I'm doing is working! I enabled the developer
>tab and followed everything down to a tee but no luck. I finally downloaded
>the sample and even it doesn't work the way its supposed to! Looked at the
>code and it says option explicit at the very top. I do not know VB but im
>guessing the code isn't working right. Does anyone know how to do this or a
>site listing instructions for office 2007?
>
>Tried doing searches for this but it seems like everywhere i look link back
>to this same website!
>
>Thanks in advance!

0
Gord

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel 97 #9

data sort

Problem with Range

learning Excel #3

Pulling data from separate tabs

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

using the journal on outlook

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook