Excel crashes when copying worksheet

Whenever I try to copy or move certain worksheets either within the same
workbook or to a new workbook Excel crashes. I cannot reopen Excel (vs.
2000) without deleting it from the Program Manager - it remains in the
background.

I suspect the problem may have to do with having too many characters in
certain cells, although I carefully combed through one of these
worksheets and thought that I had fixed all cells so that none had more
than 200 characters and it still crashed Excel when I tried to copy
it.

Does anyone have any solutions for this?

Go into VBE and check SHeet numbering. If you have repeatedly copied
sheets within the workbook, the sheet numbering can become very high
and I have found files to become unstable as a result.

Save excel as xml: null elements are missing
Hi, I am saving a xls file to xml data format, I use a xsd for the mapping. For some reasons the following happened: 1. On the output, the first line on the XML it says says <xml ... =91standalone =3D =93yes=94>. Is there anything I can set in xls, so that c= an be removed? 2. Some of the elements on the output is not shown when the Excel's cells is empty (not even the element's tag name) . I need those elements to appear even the cell is empty. Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Bizarre Problem with Copy/Paste
Hi Excel Gurus, Got an odd problem which seems to have cropped up. I am used to selecting a cell and hitting ^C to copy the formula in it, then ^V to paste that formula somewhere else. And... as I recall, the cell I selected for copying would stay selected (ie, it would keep the little dashed border around it). Recently, however, when I select a cell, it automatically deselects itself (the dashed border turns into a solid border) within a second or so and what gets copied to the clipboard is only the exact value in that cell, nothing else. In other words, "Paste Special" only ...

Multi-select List Box output to Excel File
Team... I have some VB code in Access '03 that takes selections from a multi-select list box and outputs to a report based upon a query. What I'm trying to do is to place another button on my form where the user can make the same selections in the multi-select box, but have the command button output to an Excel file rather than the report, only I'm not familiar enough w/ VB to do that. Here is the working code I have which output to an existing report if anyone can assist: I know I have to take the coding that builds the where clause out of the click event and put it in a function,...

Search for data in Excel and hide rows
Hi newsgroup, Has come upon an interesting challenge ;-) I have to search through an Excel sheet for a lot of data. I would like to have the rows without the searched data to be hidden. Is it possible to do that in Excel - or is it something like a VBA script? Inputs are welcome. I use MS Excel 2007, English Thanks in advance. / Bjarne Hi, An example might help, however if you want to select some data you can use filters, which will show you only the data filtered "Bjarne Jensen" wrote: > Hi newsgroup, > > Has come upon an interesting ...

Saving Excel 2010 files as web page or single file web page
I don't seem to be able to save Excel 2010 files as web or single file web pages. A dialogue box with the following appears: "Book1.xlsx may contain features that are not compatible with Web (or Single file) Page. Do you want to keep the workbook in this format? To keep this format, which leaves out any incompatible features, click Yes. To preserve the features, click No. Then save a copy in the latest Excel format. To see what might be lost, click Help." Using Excel 2000 and 2003 I can save Excel files as web pages then upload to my website. Any suggestio...

SUMIF function linking several worksheets
I have a workbook with multiple tabs. The last is a worksheet that link information from all of the others, a total page. Is there any way t insert new worksheets that will be linked to the total page withou having to add to the formulas each time? For example, when using simple sum function on a single worksheet if any row is inserted withi the formula range the formula automatically adjusts to include the ne row. Is this possible when adding new worksheets? This is the formul that I have currently written: =SUMIF('sheet1"!B:B,N8,'Sheet1"!C:C)+SUMIF('sheet2"!B:B,N...

Non Sequential Serial Number from Excel
How can i use or modify a macro that will read from an excel file during Serial Number creation using the Serial Number Insert Window in Receiving and Inventory Transaction Adjustment Serial Number Insert window. Any help is greatly appreciated. You may want to look at Binary Stream's Serial Lot Copy&Paste Manager module. -- Charles Allen, MVP "esage" wrote: > How can i use or modify a macro that will read from an excel file during > Serial Number creation using the Serial Number Insert Window in Receiving and > Inventory Transaction Adjustment Serial N...

Copy a sheet contained formulas from one workbook to another and remove file links
Hello, in our company we use a special excel file with more sheets. Every user copies first this file from the server to his own computer and then he/she can customize the workbook. Usually the user only makes his own new sheets where there are formulas which contain cells from the original sheets. Occasionally a new release of the original excel file appears and the user must make a new copy of this file. Commonly the user wants to have in the new file all of his own created sheets from the first workbook. If he normally copies the sheets from the first workbook to the new one, the f...

How do I download office assistant in excell
How do I change office assistant in Excell 2002. I want the cat instead of the paper clip. Thank you. Didn't realize people were still using Clippy. Type "select a different Office Assistant" in the help box at the top right of the Excel window. Follow the directions. Bill "Adele J." <Adele J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3188EF9E-8E69-4CF9-9A1E-220F3E68999B@microsoft.com... How do I change office assistant in Excell 2002. I want the cat instead of the paper clip. Thank you. ...

Copy/Paste of separated columns
If you select column A and D in Excel and copy them into the Clipboard you will see that there are actualy four columns A, B, C, D in the Clipboard. (I use Clipbrd.exe to view the clipboard). Does anyone knows workarround for it? I want to paste the columns into my own program, but not all of them, just the selected. I have noticed that even Word Paste command works this way. Yet maybe someone has already solved this problem. Thanks Marek Could you paste column A and D into another spreadsheet (which will eliminate the blank columns) and then copy and paste to your program from that? It ...

MsgBox in another Instance of Excel
I want to open another instance of excel and show a message box in the new Excel app. Any idea how? Sub PrintForm() Dim OrigFile As String Dim filestring As String Dim OpenThisFile As String Dim CurVesl As String Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") OrigFile = ThisWorkbook.Name CurVesl = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel").Range("EA2").Value filestring = "Dock Log_Fillout.xls" 'File to Open in Another Instance of Excel OpenThisFile ...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...

import excell cells for distribution list
import excell cells for distribution list for outlook "Bob Black" <Bob Black@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48BEBF9F-EB20-4856-B294-48F389609CA4@microsoft.com... > import excell cells for distribution list for outlook So your QUESTION is? Why? An Excel spreadsheet is a good data source for mail merge, which works better than a DL in most applications. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 &...

Link Excel dates with Outlook Calendar
I have a spreadsheet which contains expiry dates. I would like to know if there's a way of linking the dates directly into Outlook without having to manually insert the dates in Outlook as there are quite a lot of them and they will be subject to change. If VBA is the only answer, please provide dummy instructions as I am by no means an expert with VBA. Many thanks in advance. Depends on what you want Outlook to do. Do you want a task reminder on the expiry date? HTH, JP On Jun 15, 6:07=A0am, Frangle <Fran...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which ...

Problem viewing Excel 2003 Pivot Chart fields in Excel 2007
When I’m running Excel 2007 and I’m viewing a chart in a file created in Excel 2003 using the ‘Pivot Chart and Pivot Chart Report’ functionality, I’m unable to see the Pivot Chart (drop down) fields anywhere on the Pivot Chart. This happens even when the file created in Excel 2003 is ‘converted’ to 2007 when it is opened. -- Ronny B Hi, When the pivot chart is selected try choose PivotChart Tools, Analyze, and turn on the Pivot Chart Filter. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "ronny B" wrote: > When I’m running Excel 2007 and I’m viewing a chart in a file created in > ...

Excel Saving Location
I have a spreadsheet and it is generic except for the city it is eithe in the city limits or the surrounding city's. I have a total of different city names. When I go into the form and fill it out and fill a particular field with the city name, :rolleyes: can i automatically be saved in that citys folder -- topkic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- topkick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26759 ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi: I need to clear 31 sheets of data (daily downloads) and cycling through them is timely and just not very elegent. (Look at me, trying to be elegent when I can barely use VBA!) What I did was turned on macro recording, selected several sheets then depressed "Delete". After responding "Yes" to three popups asking if I wanted to clear the QueryTables, it seemed to work. When I went back to look at the generated Macro, it got hung up (Application-definded or object-defined error) on the line deleteing the querytable, and this seemed to happen before I even re-executed the...

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #5
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

problem with copy and paste
So for a long time now I've had trouble with copying and pasting certain things in Outlook. Now I'm using 2003, but I've used the last 2 or 3 versions at least. When I'm in a message window, and want to copy an adress from the TO field, let's say, one in the middle of 3 addresses, I can high-light it, choose copy, then go to the address book, click on a group, click add, and in the window that comes up asking for a name and address, when I click in the address feild and right-click and paste, what appears is the name, but not the address, which was clearly selected when I c...

Excell -Row or Cell shifting down automatically!
Does anybody know if it is possible to have an existing Row or Cell move down one Row or Cell automaticaly if new data is being added to that Row? hi AFAIK no build-in function is available for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "satellite" <satellite@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6CC6146C-5FE1-4113-911E-ED78D4D85C94@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know if it is possible to have an existing Row or Cell move down > one Row or Cell automaticaly if new data is being added to that Row? ...

Excel Survey
I have a survey on paper with 26 questions with 3 response choices. How would I set this up in Excel? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BOOK REVIEW: Professional Silverlight 2 for ASP.NET Developers [WROX] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3573070a-b0b0-49e5-99c8-cddc274ec7f8/book-review-professional.aspx Hi, see Debra web to create a survey form http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html "Pam Cole" wrote: > I have a survey on paper with 26 questions with 3 response choices. How would I set this up in Excel? > >...

Excel Protection Q
I understand that Excel protection is not that strong for determined people to work around. Are there any 3rd Party software that users have used which encrypts Excel to a relatively satisfactory level? I still wish to use and distribute Exel files but with a stronger protection aspect Thanks "Sean" <seanrya...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote... >I understand that Excel protection is not that strong for determined >people to work around. Are there any 3rd Party software that users >have used which encrypts Excel to a relatively satisfactory level? I >still wish to use and...

What does "clear print" do in Excel?
I had someone tell me that on a report I e-mailed, I needed to go into File and select "clear print". I did it but I have no idea why or what the result was. Can anyone tell me what it does? Thanks. -- Marcia Marcia, was it "clear print area" ? if so it clears any print areas that was set on the sheet -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Office crashes on launching.
Macbook with OS X Leopard, 1.83Ghz Intel; Microsoft 2004 Student & Teacher. Whenever I launch any Office program, it crashes immediately, this includes all office programs, even "Remove Office" and "Update". I tried to download an update directly from the Office site, but that crashed when I opened the .dmg file. I also removed all of Office and reinstalled it, but again, it crashes. Would that mean it's a problem somewhere else? Any thoughts on what the problem could be, or how I could solve it (ie completely removing office...) Thanks. Have a look at the first...

Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac